Golisano, Quinn & Brandon enjoy dinner together

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/golisano-and-brandon-have-dinner-as-intrigue-over-bills-ownership-grows-20140503

"And The News learned Saturday that Bills President Russ Brandon dined Thursday with billionaire B. Thomas Golisano, who has been mentioned as a possible buyer of the team. Also at that dinner at Sinatra’s was Larry Quinn, former managing partner of the Sabres when Golisano was the primary owner."

i thought tempo was usually the restaurant of choice for the bills.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sources deep within say Russ asked for an appetizer of calamari but Golisano shot it down.

i can't decide what i want more, a super bowl win or darcy to be named gm.

Edited by Dirtbag

Sources deep within say Russ asked for an appetizer of calamari but Golisano shot it down.

That's because anyone that's ever been to Sinatra's knows you get the arancini appetizer--by far the best in town.

Then get the penne with diavlo sauce as an entree, and the ricotta cheesecake for dessert.

No wonder this team hasn't been to the playoffs in 14 years...sheesh.

Stayin :thumbsup:

It's a nice dream. Might take a few years, but the Bills will be gone within a decade. Of course, given the traumatic head injury and other issues, pro football itself my be archaic by then. Unless the pros switch to touch football.

http://www.buffalone...-grows-20140503

"And The News learned Saturday that Bills President Russ Brandon dined Thursday with billionaire B. Thomas Golisano, who has been mentioned as a possible buyer of the team. Also at that dinner at Sinatra’s was Larry Quinn, former managing partner of the Sabres when Golisano was the primary owner."

i thought tempo was usually the restaurant of choice for the bills.

Is Sinatra's any good?

OH NO! Quinn's gonna be our new Littman! Golisano, Old Sugar Packets himself, just may be cheaper than Ralph Wilson!

GO BILLS!!!

sugar packets?

The Sabres were legitimate Stanley Cup contenders for a couple years under these 2 guys. I'll take that over what we've had recently. And Golisano is worried about the bottom line - can't lose money owning an NFL team, a far cry from NHL.

sugar packets?

It's a nickname for Golisano--- because he's so cheap he probably steals sugar packets from restaurants.

The Sabres were legitimate Stanley Cup contenders for a couple years under these 2 guys. I'll take that over what we've had recently. And Golisano is worried about the bottom line - can't lose money owning an NFL team, a far cry from NHL.

The Sabres were Stanley Cup contenders IN SPITE of Golisano/Quinn. The Drury/Briere fiasco was a direct result of their micromanaging.

It's a nickname for Golisano--- because he's so cheap he probably steals sugar packets from restaurants.

The Sabres were Stanley Cup contenders IN SPITE of Golisano/Quinn. The Drury/Briere fiasco was a direct result of their micromanaging.

Whatever your feelings are, the facts are the were Cup contenders and my point about the bottom line relates to your Drury/Briere comment. They did not sign Briere because of money, they did not sign Drury because he renegged on a deal with the team. But with the Bills/NFL, this is a huge money maker even in a small market and spending up to the cap. Those situations don't need to happen with the Bills.

Whatever your feelings are, the facts are the were Cup contenders and my point about the bottom line relates to your Drury/Briere comment. They did not sign Briere because of money, they did not sign Drury because he renegged on a deal with the team. But with the Bills/NFL, this is a huge money maker even in a small market and spending up to the cap. Those situations don't need to happen with the Bills.

I dunno, the fact that Golisano nixed the calamari idea has me thinking he is still a cheap SOB

They did not sign Briere because of money, they did not sign Drury because he renegged on a deal with the team.

They didn't re-sign Drury because Golisano refused to sign the contract Drury agreed to in December. They didn't intend to re-sign Briere until the 11th hour when it was clear Drury was moving on.

Believe what you want. Your assessment of their tenure is wholly inaccurate.

Quinn is like the bad penny that keeps turning up

let's look at the record when Quinn was around compared to when he wasn't. First go around with the team they reach the finals in 1999 after he brought in Ruff. Then he came back after the Regis episode and they were successful again. He leaves when Pegula arrives and now we stink... really bad. Not saying it's all on him, but there might be something there.

They didn't re-sign Drury because Golisano refused to sign the contract Drury agreed to in December. They didn't intend to re-sign Briere until the 11th hour when it was clear Drury was moving on.

Believe what you want. Your assessment of their tenure is wholly inaccurate.

The Sabres told Drury they would match any offer he got. Drury said they would give the Sabres an opportunity to counter an offer. He did not give them that opportunity. This comes from Quinn. You can believe your source or him. This is not my assessment. Although I am accurate in that they were cup contenders and if we were not down 4 defensemen in game 7, there is a good chance we win the cup that year.

Golisano bought them good. He didn't build them