The 3 2 2 1 formula

With a few days left the following scenerio seems probable imo, the recent Martin and Beckham chatter to me is an indicator that this scenerio is heard by the pundits

3 tackles

2 pass rushers

2 wideouts

1 qb

gone by the 9th pick

Obviously this is not the ideal situation

Takig defense out of the equation

this leaves

Beckham

Martin

Ebron

For me it is Beckham . Few thoughts. I agree with what Joe b has been saying the last few days. Taking a wideout that is not potentially elite doesn't make much sense. They have a good group of Wideouts on the roster they really need a number 1

I pass on Ebron the drop rate to me is a killer , let me take the Nd guy or Jenkins in round 2 next you grab your tackle weather it is Fleming or Mewhort there seems to be enough talent that a solid right tackle should remain at pick 71

Another functional d end is needed so if Chichton is the round pick I would be fine with that as well

Late round running back

To me it is odd , for 6 months all the names and scenerios that were discused and at the hour approaches it may come down to two players who were rarely thought of going that high . That said I would be ok with either

I think I would be really pissed about Beckham at 9. IMO, there are as good or better WR's who will be around in the 2nd-3rd if they really want one. Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, and Donte Moncrief come to mind.

Pretty much my sentiment...

If the Bills take Beckham, even in a trade down, my TV better duck! ;)

With a few days left the following scenerio seems probable imo, the recent Martin and Beckham chatter to me is an indicator that this scenerio is heard by the pundits

3 tackles

2 pass rushers

2 wideouts

1 qb

gone by the 9th pick

Boy do I hope this is wrong. That would leave no talent worthy of a #9 pick at any position of need. I could only hope for a trade down offer. way to ruin my weekend!

Edited by simpleman

I think 2-2-2-2 is the worst case scenario. Can't see Bills taking Lewan who seems strictly an LT. If Bortles or Manziel are available at #9 and Bills still have pick, I'd hope Bills have standing trade with Houston or someone else. If the top 6 plus Manziel and Bortles are gone, don't see anyone available at #9 that teams would trade up for.

Beckham is a good player - you have to deal with it and pick someone if this scenario happens and in that scenario, Beckham is as good as most any player left. If you can trade down out of that spot, great - the next 5-7 guys are pretty equivalent in terms of talent - so that would make it hard to trade out of this pick.

I would consider defense or even Zach Martin in this scenario, but Beckham wouldn't be a big stretch there.

Boy do I hope this is wrong. That would leave no talent worthy of a #9 pick at any position of need. I could only hope for a trade down offer. way to ruin my weekend!

This could potentially suck. The first Bills pick has me jittery this year. I sure hope someone really wants some QBs before or at 9

No player in this draft is single-handedly going to change the fortunes of the Bills (at least that will be available at 9). Without a costly trade up, the Bills will be picking from a pretty deep 2nd tier of players.

It would be very nice if Mike Evans or Jake Mathews or even Lewan were available at the Bills' pick, but if not they can select from WR Beckham or Lee, OT Zack Martin, DT Aaron Donald, LB/DE Anthony Barr, LB Moseley, their pick of CBs or S or (not my favorite) TE Eric Ebron.

All of these are good prospects, just a notch below the true top tier of Clowney, Watkins, Mack, Robinson, Mathews and Evans. Depending on the Bills' evaluation of these prospects, they might unfortunately have to go with a defender even though they need to help the offense. Still, a top defender to further strengthen the defense is nothing to be depressed about.

then somebody is going to want the #2 QB or the #1 CB or the #1 DT or the #1 TE or the #1 safety or the #2 LB and it is all good for the Bills with a trade down.

Maybe so if they do not offer what Whaley thinks is sufficient then ... I have recently come surround to this guy... I would want Zach Martin OT ND.

Take his teammate, Triy Nikolas TE or Cody Lattimore WR at 41. CB, LB or DE at in the third.

3 tackles

2 pass rushers

2 wideouts

1 qb

gone by the 9th pick

Obviously this is not the ideal situation

Takig defense out of the equation

this leaves

Beckham

Martin

Ebron

For me it is Beckham . Few thoughts. I agree with what Joe b has been saying the last few days. Taking a wideout that is not potentially elite doesn't make much sense. They have a good group of Wideouts on the roster they really need a number 1

I pass on Ebron the drop rate to me is a killer , let me take the Nd guy or Jenkins in round 2 next you grab your tackle weather it is Fleming or Mewhort there seems to be enough talent that a solid right tackle should remain at pick 71

Another functional d end is needed so if Chichton is the round pick I would be fine with that as well

Late round running back

To me it is odd , for 6 months all the names and scenerios that were discused and at the hour approaches it may come down to two players who were rarely thought of going that high . That said I would be ok with either

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. If this happens, I say take Ebron, he seems to have the most upside, and I don't think there is that much separation between the 2nd tier OT and the top 3—so get one in RD 2. And, not sure Beckham is worthy at 9. Thus, either Ebron or one of the top LB or DE available.

I would trade down from 9 if the top 3 OT's are gone. An extra 2nd rd pick in a deep draft is ideal . With Mike Williams and plenty of WR's and TE's already here who Know the new play book , the Bills should be fine at those positions.

Buffalo isn't good enough yet to use a top 10 pick on a TE. I say we go OT or LB in the first unless someone like Mack falls to us but I'm really hoping Mathews falls to us like Dareus did. I also say that if RB Hyde is still available when we pick at the top of the second - it's a no-brainer

Mathews in the 1st & Hyde in the second would really help to solidify our Offense for a change. Then we could come back and add another LB & DE.