So...who all else is gonna miss the first two rounds live?

wait, so you skill get rd. 1 on thursday though, right?

Sort of. Her pinning ceremony starts at the same time the draft does so I will most definitely miss the first half and when the Bills pick. After I am heading to my brothers house to catch what is left. Graduation is Friday night so 2nd Round is no Bueno

I'll miss some of the first few minutes of the 2nd round Friday night, but will watch most of the 1st round Thursday and most of Friday night with a buddy getting some chicken wings and beer....training for the Boilermaker...gotta get my balance of carbs and protein...

To the OP, if ever there was a good reason to miss time for a Draft, it's anything related to matters of the heart closely associated to a daughter....totally, fully, completely understand...mine is still very young, and not to be too mushy and stuff, but her hugs, is like being enveloped in the heart-beat of God...it's amazing...Congrats!! Enjoy your time Bruh!

Thanks!

Kellyto83TD, congratulations to your daughter.

mrags, congratulations on your impending nuptials.

I will once again be attending the NFL Draft, so I will be watching every pick all the way to Mr. Irrelevant. :devil:

Thanks Mark, live the dream for us man!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't miss it. Generally, I'm glued to the tv for the first few rounds. Anything after the 3rd round I usually have it playing in the background and will look over every now and again.

However, when it comes time for the Bills picks everything stops and the draft has my full attention.

The draft was kind of ruined for me when they switched it over to Thursday & spread it out 4 days. I will catch glimpses of it now but when it was on Saturday my friends & I would make a whole day of it, golfing in the morning, coming back to my house getting a keg, playing cards, grilling & betting on the NHL/NBA/MLB games. It was a fun day. Now I will flip on Thursday to see who the bills pick & probably won't watch more then 10 minutes the rest of the weekend. FU Goodell for ruining what was once one of my favorite sports days of the offseason.

My friends and I used to get together every year as well to play shoes, BBQ, then cards at night and recovering on Sunday while watching the last few rounds

Last year I thought I was going to miss the draft. I was in Costa Rica and every bar in the small town I was in was showing this big soccer match. I stumbled across a little bar that was showing the draft, but the only other people in the place were five fans of the NE Patriots. I was very uncomfortable all night. Being the only one who could speak Spanish, I had to explain to the bartender what the NFL draft was, why we wanted to watch it, and how much I hate the other guys' team. I'm glad they couldn't understand what I was telling the guy.

My wonderful daughter whom I am very proud of is having her pinning ceremony on Thursday night and Graduation from College as a PTA on Friday night. Yeah I miss the draft, but couldn't be prouder of her considering all she has worked through.

Anyone else gonna have to sneak peaks at NFL.com on their cell phones? :-)

No sneaking here.

Weather permitting I will watch at Jerrah's and if not with the Backers in Addison.

No cell but what about the internet?

Do you do Facebook?

If so perhaps a "friend" can "message" you the pic.

Lastly....CONGRATS to all!!

I'm editing Comments and Grades for DraftTek for the whole thing, but I'm getting paid to watch!

Wrong thread, but we're re-simulating the whole 7 Rounds after every pick, so drop by!

http://www.drafttek....raft-Round1.asp

Just checked out your latest mock Astrobot, and it looks really good.

Jake Matthews, Austin Sefarian-Jenkins & Donte Mocrief would be solid picks.

Chris Smith is an interesting player, is he an OLB or a DE. I'm ok with Lache Seastrunk, he could add something to the offense.

I like getting Ricardo Allen in the 7th round. He could be another Nickell Robey. Undersized, but he makes plays.

Very solid draft, I would have few complaints with this. Good job Astrobot. :thumbsup:

KellytoReed83 and mrags, If I had a nickel for every time I've heard these lame-ass excuses for missing the draft, well... I'd have 10 cents.. Congratulations to you, your daughter K2R83 and your Bride 2B, mrags! If you just cup an ear outside, you'll probably hear us yelling "WTF?!?"

KellytoReed83 and mrags, If I had a nickel for every time I've heard these lame-ass excuses for missing the draft, well... I'd have 10 cents.. Congratulations to you, your daughter K2R83 and your Bride 2B, mrags! If you just cup an ear outside, you'll probably hear us yelling "WTF?!?"

hahaha. I bet I will when we walk up to the podium and announce to everyone that we will use our first round pick on Aaron Maybin AGAIN, because we think we missed something and think we can change it around.

Thanks though. I'm sure it'll be a great day regardless. Just wish I had a tv there. Not that I want to fixate on it. But just to see what happens when we draft or make some sort of trade.

It's way too drawn out for me these days. I load up NFL.com or ESPN the next day and check it out via text. I'll watch a couple highlight videos of guys we draft, and be on with my life.

Oh, and I'll argue about stuff here ;)

Fixed that for you.

Going without cell service so you can concentrate on friends, family, and beautiful locations is awesome :)

:thumbsup:

For my second wedding, my best man urged me to videotape the ceremony so years later I could play it backwards and it would have a happy ending....

That's a strategy I could have used for several Bill's drafts. Congrats to mrags, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be wondering about the draft during the festivities.

LMAO thanks man

Ok I had to LMAO @ 'Knee-J'

I will be on the west coast for work and am going to do my best to catch the first round Thursday at 5:00pm PDT, but if I can't, I'll have my phone at the ready. I'm pretty consistent with having to miss the first round live on TV. In 2011 when we drafted Dareus, I was at an event for work in Philly. Last year when we got EJ, I was at the Canes/Rangers hockey game in Raleigh.

Arrive in Las Vegas by 2pm for my bachelor party , check in, and head to a book to watch the first round. It will only be four of us for Thursday and we are all pretty big fans so we'll probably watch the whole first before shenanigans kick off. Friday the other 14 arrive so I don't know if I'll get to to see rounds two and three live.