Don't forget about Flash...

With all the talk about our WRs, I think people sometimes forget about Flash Goodwin. He is the fastest player in the league and I think he is a huge weapon for this offense. I don't think he is a "track star" playing football (although TJ Graham may be). i think he is a football player who also was elite enough as an athlete to be an Olympian. He was hurt the first part of the year last year but when he was in the game he was able to score TDs, catch the ball, and often draw PI (although not always called). I think he is stronger than Roscoe Parrish who he is often compared to. I am concerned abut the fact he seems to get dinged a lot but outside of the serious injury he had at the beginning of the year he seemed to play through everything else. It makes me angry that we have this kid returning kicks and yet the ST can't block for him - he should be a huge factor in the return game. Let's hope they get it together this year (for McLovin too). Check this out (I don't know how many reps but that is good for a speedy WR):

@FlashGoodwin repping out at 225 on the bench press pic.twitter.com/cQyKO6RZFqBmUaOYACYAAjk85.jpg

Oh and unrelated but Kiko is bald.

@Kiko__Alonso getting stronger? #scarythought pic.twitter.com/zzeSaFVOoX

BmUcjeCCMAAMxzj.jpg

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got what you can't teach, pure speed. Goodwin is going to make teams defend the whole field , which is what you want to happen.

The Bills with Goodwin, Woods, Stevie and now Williams have talent at WR. Matter of fact we can move the chains with the players we have on offense NOW.

Just need better QB play IMO.

He's got what you can't teach, pure speed. Goodwin is going to make teams defend the whole field , which is what you want to happen.

The Bills with Goodwin, Woods, Stevie and now Williams have talent at WR. Matter of fact we can move the chains with the players we have on offense NOW.

Just need better QB play IMO.

Not to mention he was able to score with all 3 QBs this year. Whereas EJ seemed to favor Woods and Thad could never find Woods. Let's hope it is just 1 this year and he lights it up with EJ. I think he can be a Mike Wallace.

I just wish we'd use him for more than go routes. The game where SJ and Woods was out, he ran other routes and I feel like he had his most success.

EJ even said that after the Jets game - that he was very effective on just 10 yard outs. He has good hands.

Super close grip on the bench press.

Say what??!!?? Look at his forearms in the photo. They should be perpendicular to the bar and his have a slight inward angle but not much. It's probably his normal grip considering he's 5'9". If his hands were where the spotter's are then we could talk close grip.

I just wish we'd use him for more than go routes. The game where SJ and Woods was out, he ran other routes and I feel like he had his most success.

Dude has great hands. He was mighty impressive in that game. We just have to be concerned about more injuries.

Mike Evans benched the same amount at the combine - Goodwin is 7 inches shorter and 50 lbs lighter. Not saying bench press means a whole lot once you are on the field but it does mean Goodwin is pretty strong for his size. Don't know how many reps he did today but I looked at their combine #s - Evans did 225 for 12 and Goodwin did 225 for 13.

IMO, Goodwin should be used much more than just deep passes. When SJ & Woods were out vs the Jets (in the 2nd matchup), Goodwin was the #1 WR and had 6 rec for 81 yds and 1 TD. Goodwin has good hands and can be a very effective weapon if used properly.

EJ even said that after the Jets game - that he was very effective on just 10 yard outs. He has good hands.

Agree on both points.

Remember how he did in the Saints game? In that game he showed that he is more than just a deep threat.

I'd love to see him get more chances this season, I just hope that he can stay healthy.

It's a good thing we have offensive expert, Nate Hackett.

At least this year they gave him Hostler and Downing to take a 1-person job from last year to a 3-person job this year. Hostler was supposed to get the Ravens OC job before Kubiak was brought in.