Tebow Time

oman128

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he has a desk job now. SEC football analyst. I doubt he gets anymore shots. It's too bad, I feel like he was unfairly persecuted. Is he the best QB out there? No. But he wins. Won a playoff game his rookie year so he's done more in the league than any Bills QB in the last 20 years

I 110% agree with you ! The guy was in the perfect position to learn under Payton Manning as a #2/ #3 QB & as you said the dude just wins . But i believe because of his strong moral & belief structure the guy was not given the opportunity that others would have been given they wins that he had .

The dude would beyond a shadow of a doubt have worked harder than any one on the team to change what ever he needed to to become a better QB & if a coach would have worked around his strengths he would still be winning for a team some where because thats what he does .

It's just a shame that because he didn't fit the mold he has been tossed aside with out a reasonable fair shake even if that means sitting behind another QB or on a practice squad to just see if he can be developed ...

The entire thing makes as much sense as some of the fans here hating Flutie Go Figure :wacko: !!

Edited by T master

No reason to dislike the guy, he just was not a professional NFL QB. I mean if he couldn't get there with the jets situation, it was never going to happen. The fact he helped out in Denver points to the risk/reward of coupling a stout d with a very conservative offense and unique running threat. However think about this... In his banner year, second season, he completed 46% of his passes and fumbled 13 times. Yet we have to hear how EJs 58.8% as a rookie, demonstrates he is too inaccurate to play the game.

Flutie on the other hand, I get why people disliked him. People worshiped him for his knack of shameless self promotion. Meanwhile if you wrapped his NFL stats around say, EJ manuel, people would be calling for a new QB immediately.

Add: Only pointing out how those QBs that gain a loving following are given all the slack in the world. Toss in a rookie who isn't fawned after and people want results immediately!

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

He's a football player, he should be in the NFL.

However, he should give up the idea of being a QB and convert to either a TE or an LB.

Not if he's not good enough. There are a lot of football players not in the NFL

Because he has a desk job now. SEC football analyst. I doubt he gets anymore shots. It's too bad, I feel like he was unfairly persecuted. Is he the best QB out there? No. But he wins. Won a playoff game his rookie year so he's done more in the league than any Bills QB in the last 20 years

I agree with this. But his instance on being a starter and refusal to even consider playing another position doomed him.

Let's reanimate Earl Morrall. That will create a buzz.

Guy was the best backup QB ever. If we had him last year we go to the Super Bowl!

Well said. Did you not see the circus in NY over him. That is the last thing this team needs.

there is a circus around everything the Jets do.