Movie: Draft Day

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the movie. My review - Well done. What I liked the most is how Kevin Costner (GM for the Browns) stayed 100% authentic throughout the entire movie, through the scenes that were extremely stressful, everything. I liked it.

FWIW - there are at least two members of the Bills Front Office in the Movie. Maybe three. I recognized one other besides Russ for sure.

Several Browns fans in the theater I was at. I didn't have the heart to tell them that Cleveland was the second choice of where to film the movie.

I just did it lol... the GF wasn't pleased.

Edited by SmokinES3

FWIW - there are at least two members of the Bills Front Office in the Movie. Maybe three. I recognized one other besides Russ for sure.

Marc Honan was the other Bills exec (bald head at window) in that scene. He and Russ are the only two I see listed in the cast.

• 2 weeks later...

Whats up friends? It's been awhile since I've posted.

Anybody get a chance to see Draft Day yet? I went today to see it and I thought it was very good. I'm both a Kevin Costner and Ivan Reitman (see my tag) fan so I was probably predispositioned to like the movie. I believe this was the movie that was originally intended to be about the Bills GM but we unfortunately lost out the Cleveland.

Russ Brandon had a small cameo in the movie. I'm not sure if the other people in the room with Russ in that scene were Bills people or not; but I thought it was cool to see our GM in the film. They also had a nice poster / painting of Jimbo behind Russ's desk.

I was also happy to see that Reitman did a nice job of showcasing each of the cities / stadiums that were involved in the story line. When Buffalo was introduced they did a nice sweeping shot of the stadium and the ritzy waterfront areas of the city. I'm not from Buffalo so I wasn't sure which area this was, but it looked nice.

The only person who looked like a fool was the fictitious JAX GM.

In Summary, this is a very good movie and it kept me guessing as to who CLE would select. You're all football fans so I think you'll like this movie

Edited by saundena

When Buffalo was introduced they did a nice sweeping shot of the stadium and the ritzy waterfront areas of the city. I'm not from Buffalo so I wasn't sure which area this was, but it looked nice.

In the movie trailer, they had Costner deliver his line saying "every year someone comes out of this thing looking like a donkey" then they immediately showed your aforementioned shot of Buffalo and the Ralph. I had to LOL even though it was an obvious quick shot at Buffalo for blowing their chance to get this movie.

In the movie trailer, they had Costner deliver his line saying "every year someone comes out of this thing looking like a donkey" then they immediately showed your aforementioned shot of Buffalo and the Ralph. I had to LOL even though it was an obvious quick shot at Buffalo for blowing their chance to get this movie.

I don't remember seeing that but yeah, it's kinda funny.

I get a laugh that every text displayed on the screen is in Bills colors. Obviously it was too expensive to replace the power point slides with Browns colors.

I'm not sure if the other people in the room with Russ in that scene were Bills people or not; but I thought it was cool to see our GM in the film.

I think the other men in Russ' office were actors. I noticed the one guy who was standing opposite Russ' desk was the actor who played "Ted Beneke" from Breaking Bad.

I agree that the movie was worth seeing. I don't go to many movies but I enjoyed the camera work (split screens when GMs were talking) and seeing the glamor shot of the Buffalo skyline was very cool.

I saw it, the highlight was the Ralph fly over...its not a terrible movie, worth a trip to red box in a few month for those who have not seen it. I was stuck waiting for a wedding in Tampa, no cable in the hotel (crazy I know) that's why I went.

Buffalo didnt blow anything. It WAS Written about the Bills and the director being a Browns fan changed it to being about the Browns. Looking at the story line it wouldn't have fit the Bills anyway. The Bills came off as the strongest team in that movie when it came to talking about trades.

Christ folks. 'Buffalo blew it' are you kidding me?

I think the other men in Russ' office were actors. I noticed the one guy who was standing opposite Russ' desk was the actor who played "Ted Beneke" from Breaking Bad.

I agree that the movie was worth seeing. I don't go to many movies but I enjoyed the camera work (split screens when GMs were talking) and seeing the glamor shot of the Buffalo skyline was very cool.

I appreciated them doing a really nice shot of the river front. I am sure many went 'Wait...where is the desolation and snow'. Buffalo is trying to make a comeback, I know its a very minor thing but that gave a different view of Buffalo to NFL fans around the league. The shot of the stadium was really good as well

Buffalo didnt blow anything. It WAS Written about the Bills and the director being a Browns fan changed it to being about the Browns. Looking at the story line it wouldn't have fit the Bills anyway. The Bills came off as the strongest team in that movie when it came to talking about trades.

Christ folks. 'Buffalo blew it' are you kidding me?

I appreciated them doing a really nice shot of the river front. I am sure many went 'Wait...where is the desolation and snow'. Buffalo is trying to make a comeback, I know its a very minor thing but that gave a different view of Buffalo to NFL fans around the league. The shot of the stadium was really good as well

Wasn't it tax incentives, not fandom, that had it relocated to Cleveland?

Russ Brandon had a small cameo in the movie. I'm not sure if the other people in the room with Russ in that scene were Bills people or not; but I thought it was cool to see our GM in the film. They also had a nice poster / painting of Jimbo behind Russ's desk.

Minor point: Russ is the team president - Doug Whaley is the GM. Did they have Russ playing the GM? (and that's Doug Whaley, not Frank Whaley, thank you NFLN imbeciles who've been calling him "Frank" in their crawler since yesterday)

Thanks for the review! I'm pretty picky about my rare trips to the theater to see something, but I'll make a point of catching it on cable at least.

Edited by BobChalmers