Movie: Draft Day

I am boycotting the film since they replaced Buffalo with Cleveland. But aside from that snub, this film is getting so much push I get the feeling the studios know they have a dog on their hands. So they are hoping for a huge first week to recoup their investment. Just my uninformed opinion.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am boycotting the film since they replaced Buffalo with Cleveland. But aside from that snub, this film is getting so much push I get the feeling the studios know they have a dog on their hands. So they are hoping for a huge first week to recoup their investment. Just my uninformed opinion.

PTR

The blame is to be put on New York State, not the filmmakers

Edited by FluffHead

PTR

Me too.

Plus I hear its awful

CBF

You can count the number of movies I've seen in a theater over the past five years on three fingers. This won't be the fourth; I'll wait a couple of months for it to show up on NetFlix.

I will wait 6 years for it to show up on Canadian Netflix

CBF

US Netflix isn't any faster.

Why? Because New York did not pay more in taxpayer "tribute" to rich movie companies than Ohio did? Yeah , good old free loading, er "free enterprise".

If that's true then good for NYS. It's time billionaires like movie company execs and sports team owners stop getting handouts

I am not going. I know they are pushing the relationship angle way harder than the actual "draft" angle. Think if you are looking for hard core football you will be disappointed.

AND I agree PTR on the huge marketing push, i was travelling last couple of days between Charlotte, Boston and DC, and i heard Costner doing interviews on sports radio in each city, plus saw him on sportscenter..plus saw him on CBS this morning.