I'm now convinced we're moving back in draft..

D521646

If Clowney and or Mack or Robinson are not there at 9, no other player is worth the 9th overall pick, IMO. I think Whaley and Co know this, and as luck would have it, this draft is indeed deep at the positions we really need to fill. We move back, and maybe even twice, and I think I am coming to like that strategy better. I like Evans, and Ebron, but I don't think they are sure fire hits at 9, and I wonder if others are comfortable with this if it played out this way?

Thoughts?

Tim-

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Clowney and or Mack or Robinson are not there at 9, no other player is worth the 9th overall pick, IMO. I think Whaley and Co know this, and as luck would have it, this draft is indeed deep at the positions we really need to fill. We move back, and maybe even twice, and I think I am coming to like that strategy better. I like Evans, and Ebron, but I don't think they are sure fire hits at 9, and I wonder if others are comfortable with this if it played out this way?

Thoughts?

Tim-

FWIW, hearing more than one "expert" saying that Jake Matthews is the better pick than Robinson because Robinson is very raw at pass protection. They think it could be years before he is up to speed there. Matthews is the more NFL-ready OT. Regarding Evans, I'd take him at 9 in a heartbeat for the Bills. Ebron gives me slight pause there because I don't see a smooth assimilation into Marrone's offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree OP. Not regarding who you think are the guys that are worthy of the 9th pick. But the trade back parts.

For those that say "who will be looking to trade up?" It happens every year. In fact, over the last few years, we always say the same thing and they continually set records for the amount of trades in the first round. If they want to love back, the option will be there. Bank on it.

I like moving back about 5 spots. Picking up an extra 2nd rounder. Then when it comes time to pick, move back another 5 or so for another 2nd rounder. Then draft Hyde in the 1st, Safarini-Jenkins in the 2nd. Then with the other 2nd rounders take the best OT available and whatever other need you see fit. Would be huge IMO.

You really didn't include Watkins? He will almost assuredly be gone but its laughable to think that he isn't worth the 9th pick.

nof all of us think he's worthy. Just sayin.

I'm beginning to suspect they'll explore moving down as well much to my dismay. I'm going to be watching Dallas and Pittsburgh very closely...

I just don't see a dance partner. Unless someone covets a CB and wants to jump ahead of Detroit. Not like someone is going to jump them for a qb.

For whatever it's worth, some teams like Barr and Donald enough to move up. Ditto for Lewan if he's there.

Thoughts?

Tim-

If there aren't any players worth the 9th pick, why in the world would the other team trade with Bflo to move up to that pick? :blink:

If Clowney and or Mack or Robinson are not there at 9, no other player is worth the 9th overall pick, IMO. I think Whaley and Co know this

Why do Whaley and company know this? Are you basing this on nothing more then the fact that bc you don't like anyone else at 9 they must not either?

I am all for trading back and getting another second but I have not heard or read anything that suggests that's the Bills plan or that they don't like anyone at 9.

NO other player, outside of those three, is worth the #9 pick? In the deepest draft of the century?

GO BILLS!!!

How is this the deepest draft of the century? Outside of a couple players in the top 5 the rest of the class is average at best. I am in no way shape or form a pro scout but this seems like one of the weaker classes in the last couple years not the deepest in a century.

Edited by kr632

Momentum is building for Watkins at 2 I believe

I think that is possible. I was driving in Cleveland today listening to sports talk and they were debating Watkins and Manziel at 4.

Whether or not people want Watkins at 9 is different than if he would be value at 9. I don't think that you will find 1 expert that doesn't think that he is value at 9.

How is this the deepest draft of the century? Outside of a couple players in the top 5 the rest of the class is average at best. I am in no way shape or form a pro scout but this seems like one of the weaker classes in the last couple years not the deepest in a century.

You should read up a little as it's been mentioned more then once by the ppl you would think would know that this is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory

103 underclassman declaring for the draft makes it the deepest draft this century by far

You should read up a little as it's been mentioned more then once by the ppl you would think would know that this is one of the deepest drafts in recent memory

They do. so its deep.

but not for each position mind you. And at Nine you shoud be striving for a blue chipper , day one starter

Mack Clowney Robinson Matthews Watkins Evans are those guys. theoretically.

Edited by 3rdand12