Brandon Kaufmann is now 245 lbs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to the interview. Certainly sounds like he's going to be playing tight end. He mentioned Russ' comment as well as a phone conversation with Nate Hackett.

More signs pointing to tackle at 9.

Him swapping to TE is no more indicative of our top ten pick than signing jarius Wynn precludes a pass rusher.

Him swapping to TE is no more indicative of our top ten pick than signing jarius Wynn precludes a pass rusher.

Point taken and generally I would agree but I think the fact that Russ and Hackett have both gone out of their way to discuss this already means it may be a move that they view with more potential.

Listened to John Murphy show tonight.... he interviewed Brandon Kaufmann and he said all he has done is work out and add good weight in the offseason and he is up to 245, which is 30 lbs more than he was in camp last year. He is 6'5. He was actually the other guy in the picture that was posted last weekend with EJ and Stevie, he said he was working out with this last weekend. I wonder if he could also be a TE.... he mentioned that one of the coaches brought this up to him. Interesting. Anyone see him in camp last year and does he have good hands/speed?

I missed the interview tonight...Interesting...That's about what Kelvin Benjamin weighs...But a Kaufman move to TE is intriguing...The kid can catch the ball...He's 6-5...The WR position is already crowded on this team and they'll probably Draft another...What's not to like about his? :thumbsup:

Point taken and generally I would agree but I think the fact that Russ and Hackett have both gone out of their way to discuss this already means it may be a move that they view with more potential.

That Russ acknowledged him in the cafeteria and he spoke with his OC on the phone isn't saying much either, beyond the team was on board with the weight gain. If they weren't it would've been incredibly strange. Likely at cut down last year they told him his best shot was at TE not WR and they brought him back as a nod to the work he put in.

Thanks for the pic. Does anyone know who the 4th guy (shirtless) is?

Kevin Elliot is correct

http://en.wikipedia....i/Kevin_Elliott

It's his instagram account after all

I hadn't seen this pic posted before showing support for SJ when his mom died. Thought it was worth passing on

Edited by ndirish1978

Kauf is awesome. Watched him for a few seasons at EWU -Red lava turf gave me migraines, but the kid was worth it. -He has more talent than a guy like Nat Hackett can process. -Simply REFUSES to be outworked. I've never seen anything like him. Period.

Edited by #34fan

Listened to John Murphy show tonight.... he interviewed Brandon Kaufmann and he said all he has done is work out and add good weight in the offseason and he is up to 245, which is 30 lbs more than he was in camp last year. He is 6'5. He was actually the other guy in the picture that was posted last weekend with EJ and Stevie, he said he was working out with this last weekend. I wonder if he could also be a TE.... he mentioned that one of the coaches brought this up to him. Interesting. Anyone see him in camp last year and does he have good hands/speed?

Pretty good hands and at that weight he could fill the TE role.