Who believes in Manuel?

I like him, and I think the coaching staff & front office will give him everything he'll need to be successful. He still has something to prove this season. Just show us sufficient enough progress to take us to 10-6, and that'll shut up most of the haters for now. Year 3 will be the decider for him AND the coaching staff.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's ALL lower body mechanics. From the waist up, EJ is nearly textbook perfect and surprisingly efficient considering his length; no wasted motion. And his release is as quick as can be; Marino-like. His great arm is the main reason he or previous coaches never bothered to smooth out his lower body mechanics.

GO BILLS!!!

Actually so far his problems are from the waist down and from the shoulders up.

No one questions his heart tho.

Actually so far his problems are from the waist down and from the shoulders up.

No one questions his heart tho.

If by "shoulders up" you mean his mental grasp of the pro game at this point, I agree. But strictly from a mechanical standpoint, his throwing motion from the waist up needs no changes. But unless he masters his feet, it won't matter how beautiful his upper body mechanics are; bad things happen when you launch rockets from unstable platforms.

GO BILLS!!!

If by "shoulders up" you mean his mental grasp of the pro game at this point, I agree. But strictly from a mechanical standpoint, his throwing motion from the waist up needs no changes. But unless he masters his feet, it won't matter how beautiful his upper body mechanics are; bad things happen when you launch rockets from unstable platforms.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree and yes I was referring to his ability to read and react re shoulders up.

Not saying he is unable to digest a pro playbook ( tho even that still needs to be proven). More his questionable ability to execute it, which to me implies not only a technical but also a cognitive component, being the inherent ability to intuitively anticipate the course of live action (whatever his faults, Manziel has this in spades). In fact in any sport the great ones have it. My concern is that faculty seems to be a dead zone in EJs case. If that assessment is accurate rest assured it is a fatal flaw.

It's ALL lower body mechanics. From the waist up, EJ is nearly textbook perfect and surprisingly efficient considering his length; no wasted motion. And his release is as quick as can be; Marino-like. His great arm is the main reason he or previous coaches never bothered to smooth out his lower body mechanics.

GO BILLS!!!

good point, but wasn't that suppose to be Fitz' problem also? It just scares me when you have to start breaking bad habits in the NFL.

I see such a mixed result in views of our #1 pick from last year that I am curious as to who actually believes in him and why or why not.

IMHO I believe in the kid. He seems to have the right attitude and work ethic. Minus a couple "learning curve" injuries I think EJ is our man. He has all the tools and Buffalo seems poised to put weapons around him and I think he can get it done. Am I in the minority or majority here?

Young quarterback on a rising team with a second-year head coach. I wasn't for taking him in the firstthree rounds, but I'd give him three more years before I evaluate him.

good point, but wasn't that suppose to be Fitz' problem also? It just scares me when you have to start breaking bad habits in the NFL.

Fitz has one of the worst deliveries ever. Horrible mechanics from the waist up, especially. He literally needs to wind up from the hip in order to get any velocity and that extra split second makes all the difference at this level. Fitz helps you with intelligence and recognition, but he'll kill you with his lack of physical ability.

GO BILLS!!!

I believe in EJ. Strong arm, good head on his shoulders, appears to have some fire in his belly, showed good command of the offense and made some great throws in year 1.

But I also have Edwards and Fitz jerseys gathering dust in my closet, so what do I know?

What games were you watching? I saw no fire and no command.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't think I have ever seen a rookie that didn't have bad habits. Edited by Rockinon

I dont recall which game EJ and Co. drove down and scored on a pass (Frank Summers ?). But whichever one it was , EJs delight is etched in my tiny brain. that kid was proud as could be from what i could tell on the TV. I rewinded it just because it was cool

He was thrilled .

Thats when i thought he could be the kid .

obviously I have no clue about what you are hinting at.

EJ Manuel Bills QB, starting his second season. I Billieve that's where I am supposed to be

We judge most rookies as busts here on TBD, well before their first season is over. ;)