Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

And her dead eyes. Her only redeeming quality was her love for her children...and now Tommen's dead. It was pointed out that Jamie arrived just in time to see the Mad Queen crowned.

Yup. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Going back to the books, the last we saw of the King Slayer is him riding off with Brianne to meet Stoneheart. I don't expect Stoneheart to kill Jamie, the show made it clear he "fulfilled his oath" to Lady Stark as did Brianne. Now that the show has him back in King's Landing, I wonder if Stoneheart will dispatch Jamie to kill Cersei in the books (I can't imagine how else she'd let Jamie go) or if he'll come to that decision himself when he sees the Mad Queen for himself.

I suspect the Mad Queen will meet her demise by the opposite hand that felled the Mad King.

Agreed. I think Jamie has to be the one to kill her. It's the only way to fully redeem him.

Then again, having Arya do it would be sweet as well, I just don't think she'll get close.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Tyrion stay loyal to Dany once they reach King's Landing?

If my theory holds, why would Tyrion betray his half sister?

But then again there is the issue of their nephew. If Rhaegar and Neds sister were married before Rhaegar's death, their nephew would be a trueborn Targarian and have a stronger claim than Dany.

Edited by /dev/null

If my theory holds, why would Tyrion betray his half sister?

But then again there is the issue of their nephew. If Rhaegar and Neds sister were married before Rhaegar's death, their nephew would be a trueborn Targarian and have a stronger claim than Dany.

Yes, this is the salient point I think. If it becomes known that Jon is a highborn Targaryan-Stark then all bets are off. Despite how much we like Dany, isn't Jon the one we really want leading all of Westeros against the Night King?

I suspect the Mad Queen will meet her demise by the opposite hand that felled the Mad King.

i had the same thought.

Next season I will expect bad things any time they show cersei pouring a glass of wine...

Yes, this is the salient point I think. If it becomes known that Jon is a highborn Targaryan-Stark then all bets are off. Despite how much we like Dany, isn't Jon the one we really want leading all of Westeros against the Night King?

I like Snow but don't think he should be, nor wants to be, King. I expected him to turn down the King of the North and give it to Sansa last night, frankly I was surprised he didn't do that. Leading the armies against the Night King? Sure. But not sitting on a throne in the south, that's not his place.

The way Littlefinger looked at Sansa though makes me fear for Snow's safety in the long run. He's just like Rob, even after his brush with death, and will more than likely underestimate the others vying for the Iron Throne.

given targaryan history, it's possible that Jon and Dany hook up in more ways than one?

Also, I'd take Dany and her dragons over Jon and his wolf all day against the night King.

given targaryan history, it's possible that Jon and Dany hook up in more ways than one?

Also, I'd take Dany and her dragons over Jon and his wolf all day against the night King.

My belief is that they'll wind up fighting the WW together...but who is the "leader" is yet to be decided (and perhaps unimportant). I think both Jon and Dany are similar in that they don't necessarily want to rule Westeros, but they want to make the world a better place.

My belief is that they'll wind up fighting the WW together...but who is the "leader" is yet to be decided (and perhaps unimportant). I think both Jon and Dany are similar in that they don't necessarily want to rule Westeros, but they want to make the world a better place.

I also think they will join forces to fight the White Walkers, after ending the short but bloody reign of the C*nt of Kings Landing (yeah, I said that. Let's see the Internet pick it up :P). In fact I will christen it with a meme

16j9jr.jpg

Next season I will expect bad things any time they show cersei pouring a glass of wine...

I like it. Kind of the the Godfather and oranges

Agreed. Only on tv unfortunately...

I also think they will join forces to fight the White Walkers, after ending the short but bloody reign of the C*nt of Kings Landing (yeah, I said that. Let's see the Internet pick it up :P). In fact I will christen it with a meme

16j9jr.jpg

I like it. Kind of the the Godfather and oranges

If my "Dornish Hens" meme didn't gain traction, there's no way in hell your feeble attempt should.

Quick question for you all...

When Lancel, of the Faith Militant, leaves the Church to get Cercei for her trial, he sees a suspicious looking child which he follows to his doom.

My question is... what did he find so suspicious with the kid that would make him forget his orders to retrieve Cercei?

When Lancel, of the Faith Militant, leaves the Church to get Cercei for her trial, he sees a suspicious looking child which he follows to his doom.

My question is... what did he find so suspicious with the kid that would make him forget his orders to retrieve Cercei?

He might have recognized the child as being one of Qyburn's little birds. That's about the best guess I've got.

I think he knew or suspected that the little birds were Cersei's spies, and was following that one to either glean some info about Cersei's whereabouts or what she planned. He assumed the child was planning on reporting back to her.

They made a point to show him watching the kid when some "important" info was given and how the kid ran off right after hearing it and he may have put 2 and 2 together.

Edited by FireChan

OK, that's what I was thinking.

That leads me to... why was it important to have Lancel go to where the Dragonfire was kept? Was it just for the drama sake of it, or was it important to the plot? (Maybe Cercei just wanted to make Lancel pay?)

She could've simply had someone light a fuse to it all.

If you don't think Dany wants to rule the seven kingdoms than we are watching completely different shows.

OK, that's what I was thinking.

That leads me to... why was it important to have Lancel go to where the Dragonfire was kept? Was it just for the drama sake of it, or was it important to the plot? (Maybe Cercei just wanted to make Lancel pay?)

She could've simply had someone light a fuse to it all.

She definitely wanted Lancel to suffer. He ratted her out to the Sparrow.