Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

we don't need no stinking reminder!! :devil:;) ;) not meaning to be rude in case that is missed

the other thread is lost in the bit bucket. I searched for it and couldn't find it. At this point though it's almost moot.

------------------------------

whats the saying ... if you have not reads the books yet tough luck

I would assume that most everyone would have read all the books by now

some of what is in the books is current time in the show - Bran at the Tree, Sansa leaving the Eirey (sp?) with Littlefinger Danny sitting in Mereen being queen waiting on who knows what?

and the show has taken a detour - Tyrion and Arya have already taken the detour.

IMO in 7 to 8 weeks the show will go beyond the books

Arya hasn't really taken much of a detour, nor has Tyrion (yet, other than Varys being with him). I expect Tyrion's journey to be altered much more than Arya's, simply for time reasons.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arya hasn't really taken much of a detour, nor has Tyrion (yet, other than Varys being with him). I expect Tyrion's journey to be altered much more than Arya's, simply for time reasons.

I think Arya's storyline is going to leapfrog the books this season, so we'll see. Tyrion's journey will definitely be altered, since it doesn't appear it will include the sidebar of him joining up with Aegon and that group. So he will probably fast forward to a meeting with Daenerys, which is probably where he was headed in the books. So Tyrion's storyline will also likely leapfrog the books soon.

apologies ...this season's rumor mill / speculation (posted some time ago) says Arya meets Jaqen H'ghar in Bravos(?) and he helps train her. so far this hasn't happened in the books.

I will also assume, as you did that Tyrion won't meet up with the female imp and her pig and some other groups on the road.

Is this a book?

lol just a few books and more to come

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

apologies ...this season's rumor mill / speculation (posted some time ago) says Arya meets Jaqen H'ghar in Bravos(?) and he helps train her. so far this hasn't happened in the books.

I think the show has here met Jaqen, rather than introduce yet another character as in the books. Simplifies things.

Tyrion's will be simplified because...c'mon, this is television. In print, having a dozen interminably somnolent chapters dedicated to Tyrion traveling through a swamp with a bunch of people including another dwarf and a pig might be useful. In television...a half-dozen scenes of Tyrion and Varys across two episodes would do the job just fine.

there is no Jaqen H'ghar here :worthy:

John gets a fast vote as Lord Commander

poor Breanne and Pod .... what to do now that she has met and was rejected by both sisters..... and just where far away is Littlefinger taking her?

Jamie and Bronn to Dorn??? that was unexpected - better than the siege at Riverrun and the Blackfish?

Tyrion still drunk Varys coaching

Danny is learning that ruling isn't easy

the Queen Mother gets no respect

Jamie and Bronn to Dorn??? that was unexpected - better than the siege at Riverrun and the Blackfish?

Sounds like the TV show didn't want to get into the complexity of the siege at Riverrun -- in fact, the TV show never does say what happened to Edmure or the Blackfish, do they? Both left the wedding hall before the carnage, but I don't think they ever referenced either one again, as far as I can recall.

Jamie going to Dorne is interesting, but my sense is that they needed a plot element to get Jamie out of King's Landing so that Cersei would be alone when the **** hits the fan. And it looks like they're setting it up so that Lancel is the one who turns in Cersei for screwing him and for her role in Robert's death. The question is if the TV show will go the full nine yards and have her sleep with Osney Kettleblack to get him to set up Margaery for adultery as well. They certainly could at this point, as they are doing a good job portraying Cersei's anger and jealousy towards her, but I can't remember if Osney is a character in the TV show.

One of my favorite scenes in the books is when Cersei is led to the room where they are torturing Osney, suddenly realizes she's :censored: ed, and tries to run away.

Sounds like the TV show didn't want to get into the complexity of the siege at Riverrun -- in fact, the TV show never does say what happened to Edmure or the Blackfish, do they? Both left the wedding hall before the carnage, but I don't think they ever referenced either one again, as far as I can recall.

Jamie going to Dorne is interesting, but my sense is that they needed a plot element to get Jamie out of King's Landing so that Cersei would be alone when the **** hits the fan. And it looks like they're setting it up so that Lancel is the one who turns in Cersei for screwing him and for her role in Robert's death. The question is if the TV show will go the full nine yards and have her sleep with Osney Kettleblack to get him to set up Margaery for adultery as well. They certainly could at this point, as they are doing a good job portraying Cersei's anger and jealousy towards her, but I can't remember if Osney is a character in the TV show.

One of my favorite scenes in the books is when Cersei is led to the room where they are torturing Osney, suddenly realizes she's :censored: ed, and tries to run away.

IIRC the TV show has not hinted at what happened to Edmure or the Blackfish. The Blackfish escaped to Riverrun and Edmure was getting some.

I have no idea where the Cersei saga will lead but to be "judged" by the priests. shaven and naked ... looking forward to that !!

my guess (and probsably wrong) is Margery may get away unscathed.

the price of Dorn to marry Danny won't be seen either

IIRC the TV show has not hinted at what happened to Edmure or the Blackfish. The Blackfish escaped to Riverrun and Edmure was getting some.

I have no idea where the Cersei saga will lead but to be "judged" by the priests. shaven and naked ... looking forward to that !!

my guess (and probsably wrong) is Margery may get away unscathed.

the price of Dorn to marry Danny won't be seen either

I hope they let Cersei keep those golden locks and shave another part before they strip her :devil:

I hope Marjory gets beheaded. I don't know what happens to her in the books, but it would seem appropriate for a Queen played by Natalie Dormer to get beheaded

naw it would seem appropriate for a Queen played by Natalie Dormer to get paraded naked through the streets of Kings Landing.

Who's left with any knowledge and power to defend the crown? it's ripe for the picking with the right army and leader. no?

Or the right religious fervor.

Back in the sixties, when someone abandoned their ideals for money, we used to call it "selling out".

If GRRM signed-off on this crap that I've watched the last three weeks, then it proves what I've thought for a number of years: he has no clue where to take this story and is allowing the HBO team to take it wherever they want just to cash a check.

The worst three hours of this series ever IMO.

Back in the sixties, when someone abandoned their ideals for money, we used to call it "selling out".

If GRRM signed-off on this crap that I've watched the last three weeks, then it proves what I've thought for a number of years: he has no clue where to take this story and is allowing the HBO team to take it wherever they want just to cash a check.

The worst three hours of this series ever IMO.

maybe GRRM wants the reader o be surprised when the books do come out.

If you had not read the books this would not have been the worst 3 hours for you. Well maybe what happens in Mereen because that part has been boring even in the books WRT Danny herself and the dragons.

House of Black and White - the little girl is much bigger than I expected.

The fake Arya to Winterfell is now Sansa, - who were the attractive women they showed when Sansa arrived? The minstrels girls? aka Mances wildlings?

Theon may stay true to rescuing Sansa but with Breanne and Pods assistance?

Sam may still out with the Maester Aemon and Gilly (amy sight of Mance's son?)

Cersei's plans may still backfire - don't they usually ? :devil:

The imp gets captured by Momont then they both meet with the Red Priestess in their travels to the "queen"

Littlefiger working to control the north with Roose Bolton then (attempt to) march on Kingslanding?? may his little finger get cut off.

The fake Arya to Winterfell is now Sansa, - who were the attractive women they showed when Sansa arrived? The minstrels girls? aka Mances wildlings?

Theon may stay true to rescuing Sansa but with Breanne and Pods assistance?

I got the vibe that those chicks were Sansa's old friends/ladies in waiting. There was also the scene with the old lady who said "The North Remembers"

The North is in a state of disrepair. Sansa's return gives its people a sense of hope and they would back her if she tried to kick out Michael Bolton.

Littlefiger working to control the north with Roose Bolton then (attempt to) march on Kingslanding??

Pretty sure he's actually screwing the Boltons over here. He knows they have a tenuous hold on the north and that the northern lords are not happy about the Boltons' betrayal of the Starks, and what better way to stir that pot than to put the only known Stark heir in the hands of Bolton's demented son?

The end game for LF? He's hoping the nothern lords will rally to Sansa, and that Sansa, as ruler of the north, would be a loyal ally to him and someone he can manipulate for his future plans.