Report: eagles tried to trade for spiller

According to a csn reporter. Saw it from joe buscaglia. This was before they acquired sproles. http://www.csnphilly...bout-cj-spiller It is interesting that the general consensus is that this Bills coaching staff isn't crazy about Spiller, yet that may not be true if they didn't even listen to an offer for a RB heading into a contract year. On an unrelated note, it is a pain in the buttocks that I can't use the enter key when typing a response via laptop on this site. That is all.

Edited by FluffHead

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...from that article:

Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers is the only other player in NFL history with at least 3,000 rushing yards, 1,000 receiving yards, 1,150 kick-return yards and 300 punt-return yards in his first four seasons.

Other than Reggie Bush, who--in recent years--would have even vied for this distinction, though?

Wow...from that article:

Hall of Fame running back Gale Sayers is the only other player in NFL history with at least 3,000 rushing yards, 1,000 receiving yards, 1,150 kick-return yards and 300 punt-return yards in his first four seasons.

I understand some of the criticism surrounding Spiller when it comes to injury concerns, but I never agree on the ability part. The Bills IMO need to build their offensive attack around Spiller as the centerpiece.

Edited by Triple Threat

i know ive got a lot of bills fan bias in me, but it seems to me like spiller is at the tipping point of his career and i really think 2014 is going to be his year. easy call for 1bd not to trade him, especially in his current undervalued state. if only we could extend him now, after his down year.

Edited by johnwalter

Can't blame the Eagles for trying to get such an elite talent added to that offense. He'd KILL in that O.

Kudos to the Bills for not making the deal, too. He's worth a first at least. Can't wait to see him back healthy this year. Hopefully, he gets his mental lapses under control.

Homerun hitters are hard to come by.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow...from that article:

I caught that, too.

Many on this board are too young to even know who Gale Sayers is, let alone have clear memories of how he ran. I was just a kid when he was in his prime, but man he was something. No telling what kind of numbers he'd have put up if his career wasn't cut short. He's in the HOF for a reason.

Spiller is in some elite company here. And they laughed at me when I said he pressures a defense.

GO BILLS!!!