Bills to work out Canisius Basketball F Chris Manhertz

dobsonfe

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Bills should sign McCrea as a Tight End prospect, in the mold of other college basketball players who have made the transition NFL TE He has the size. Besides, what can it hurt? Thoughts?

I know that Chris Manhertz of Canisius has expressed an interest in playing football. He is actually training now and has the build for it.

I have heard that McCrea is interested in that possibility as well. I am not positive about that one but that is the word on the street.

Good point. You might be right, considering that it seems he did not play H.S. football, but I'd love to see the Bills give him a try-out. Why not just invite him as a free agent or something? Dude seems big and strong, if also very raw.

Why just him then? Why not contact any or every big, college basketball player, and see if they want to come to camp and get pummeled while trying to run routes and catch a football?

Why are you so limited in your thinking? I mean, let's think outside the box a little.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone follow college basketball? Every time I watched florida this year I couldn't help but think Patric Young would make a great TE

Same here. Bellicheck was at the UF Elite 8 game, I was wondering if he was doing some scouting on Young. Edited by YoloinOhio

Nick Veronica@NickVeronica 1h

Can confirm report that #Griffs F Chris Manhertz has a workout with the #Bills. Always joked he could play TE, now he might get the chance.

Buffalo Dot Com@BuffaloDotCom Mar 10

The careers of Billy Baron and Chris Manhertz transformed a @Griffs_MBB program in need of talent and passion. READ: http://www.buffalo.com/sports/blog/immediate-reactions-iona-canisius-maac-semis/56022

BiUNbyzCEAIa0ty.jpg