(OT) Johnny Carson dies at 79

Draconator

You can here St. Peter now,,,HEEEERRRES jOHHHNY!!!!

Jay and Dave arent even close to the comic genius that he was...Some of the skits and improvisional stuff that went on during his reign were as funny as anything you'll ever hear or see on TV...

Thanks Johnny... :devil::D

You can here St. Peter now,,,HEEEERRRES jOHHHNY!!!!

Jay and Dave arent even close to the comic genius that he was...Some of the skits and improvisional stuff that went on during his reign were as funny as anything you'll ever hear or see on TV...

Thanks Johnny... :devil:  :D

215262[/snapback]

So true.......watching footage of his stuff is just as funny today as it was back then. I rarely laugh at something Leno says; Carson was, as you say, a true comic genius.

This is truly a very sad day. I always watched Johnny's anniversary specials. I will never forget his final week. There are a few moments I remember that are worth sharing:

All of his moments with animals. Hilarious.

The Dragnet skit with Jack Webb:

Carson: "If I ever catch Claude Cooper the kleptomaniac from Cleveland, who copped my clean copper clappers kept in the closet".

Webb: "Yes?"

Carson:"I'll clobber him!"

The Tarzan skit with Betty White as Jane:

White: "Lets face it, you're not much of a man."

Carson:"Oh yeah, quicksand chest."

The time when Johnny used a cannon on a defective child's toy.

The time when James Stewart was a guest and delivered his poem of Lake Boringo:

Stewart: "Lake Boringo is a body of water. It's surface is as smooth as glass. But getting to Lake Boringo, is a genuine pain in the ASS!"

The egg fight with Dom Deluise, and later on the whip cream fight with Burt Reynolds.

The time when Johnny confronted Don Rickles about breaking his cigarette box, while Rickles was taping his own show.

I could go on and on. Johnny you will be greatly missed. Thank you for all the good times and joy you brought to everyone. R.I.P.

Wow, pretty sad. A friend and I were just talking a few weeks ago, about how odd it was that Johnny had really retired. I think he made only one talk show appearence after his last "Tonight Show" taping, a cameo, reading on one of Lettermans' top 10 lists, unannounced. I know he was a big fan of Letterman, and was pissed when they gave his show to Leno. Can't say that I blame him. Letterman is far superior. Leno is awful! I am sure Dave will do something tasteful on his show tomorrow night, stay tuned....bye-bye Johnny! Truly missed!

I don't know if this story is true because I did not personally see it, but a friend told me it happened.

Johnny, iinterviewing a professional golfters wife ( if Iremember correctly it was either Mrs Nicholas or Mrs Palmer). "Do you do anything to bring him luck"

Mrs ??? " Yes before every match I kiss his balls"

Johnny -- You get the Johnny look. That look was enough to make it hilarious if it wasn't already.

I don't know if this story is true because I did not personally see it, but a friend told me it happened.

Johnny, iinterviewing  a professional golfters wife ( if Iremember correctly it was either Mrs Nicholas or Mrs Palmer). "Do you do anything to bring him luck"

Mrs ??? " Yes before every match I kiss his balls"

Johnny -- You get the Johnny look.  That look was enough to make it hilarious if it wasn't already.

215321[/snapback]

:devil: That look! A cross b/w Innocent choirboy, "Hey, you said it!" and "I hope the censors don't axe us."

Gumbo.

We're the Fucawi! --- The funniest thing was the screen just went black a second after he said it. All it took in any show after that was him raising his hand to his brow. The NBC censors made that joke into so much more than it ever would have been otherwise.

You were the best, Johnny.

RIP Johnny. An icon in the truest sense. Would Rodney have ever attained the status he did without Johnny? Jay? Dave? Robin Williams? Orson Beane (sp?)...remember him? Joan Rivers? David Brenner? Joan the animal lady. Jim Fowler. Dom Deloise. Used to love seeing Jimmy Stewart and Johnny together. Jimmy would usually read a poem he had written. Orson Welles doing dramatic readings.

Johnny, you were and are the man.