Where Are Jesse and Al?!

boyst

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/08/justice/michigan-driver-attack/

Bruce Edward Wimbush Jr., 17, Wonzey Saffold, 30, and James Deontae Davis, 24, are three of the dozen or so people who attacked Steven Utash after he inadvertently struck a 10-year-old boy who had stepped into a road, Detroit Police Sgt. Michael Woody said.

Local defense attorney Cliff Woodards II says the lack of outrage in the African-American community reveals hypocrisy among its leaders. "Imagine, though, if this happened to a black tree trimmer who was passing through Roseville?" wrote Woodards, who is African-American, in a Facebook post he titled "Shame On Us." Roseville is the suburb Utash hails from.

"Al Sharpton would have been on a plane before the man got out of surgery. Local community leaders and pastors would have taken to the airwaves and the pulpits in search of justice for this fallen hero."

I don't care what race anyone is but society is f'd up. The guy did the right thing.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure Al is too busy trying to explain to everyone that he really wasn't a wired-up rat for the FBI and was really just misunderstood fatphuck back then.

Al is supposed to have another summit with Obama. Not sure what date Obama is going to be enlightened though.

Jesse and Al meeting are in seclusion to determine the next industry to target for their long-running extortion schemes. What a pair of thugs...and the media continues to glorify their "work" by giving them lots of attention.

Actually Jessie Jackson came to speak at the hospital I work at in Feb of 2013 and I found the time to go and hear him. I was quite surprised and pleased to hear him say the fight for racial equality is over and that while isolated racism still exists both the black and white communities need to continue to come together and work together. It would be great if some leaders of the black community publicly condemned this altercation.

Actually Jessie Jackson came to speak at the hospital I work at in Feb of 2013 and I found the time to go and hear him. I was quite surprised and pleased to hear him say the fight for racial equality is over and that while isolated racism still exists both the black and white communities need to continue to come together and work together. It would be great if some leaders of the black community publicly condemned this altercation.

But of course he brought up race. Thats all he can do.

it would be even better if Jackson would say that in front of television cameras from time to time. sure, there will always be racism to one extent or another, but the racist/segregationist element in our society has largely been eliminated, and it would go a long way toward relieveing some of the unnessary racial tension that exists in our society today.

it would be even better if Jackson would say that in front of television cameras from time to time. sure, there will always be racism to one extent or another, but the racist/segregationist element in our society has largely been eliminated, and it would go a long way toward relieveing some of the unnessary racial tension that exists in our society today.

He can't, because his followers would respond that it hasn't been eliminated, it's been ensconced in the Tea Party. And then he would lose his following and - far more importantly - his revenue stream.

He can't, because his followers would respond that it hasn't been eliminated, it's been ensconced in the Tea Party. And then he would lose his following and - far more importantly - his revenue stream.

you're not implying that the Reverend Jackson might not be genuine, are you?

you're not implying that the Reverend Jackson might not be genuine, are you?

I have a suspicion he's much more reasonable in private (the Rooney Rule's actually pretty smart - getting minority candidates exposure, but not simply handing them jobs). But there's no way he could publicly back down from his divisive statements.

Unlike Sharpton, who's just slime.

Colt 45.

Racist!

I don't think race has any thing to do with this situation. The character of the attackers is the story.

Character is just a sub-condition to this act. Ask yourself honestly if this happens in a white community with a white boy and a black driver? Then ask yourself if you've ever heard of similar instances to the OP in a black community?

Racist!

Character is just a sub-condition to this act. Ask yourself honestly if this happens in a white community with a white boy and a black driver? Then ask yourself if you've ever heard of similar instances to the OP in a black community?

I see your point. The attackers made a decision to do what they did, but we really don't know why. Their character sucks and that's the problem. Lousy character comes in all shapes, sizes, ages and races.