Where Are Jesse and Al?!

boyst

It still comes back to if this would have happened in a White neighborhood. Since this happens overwhelmingly in Black neighborhoods, do you believe there is a higher percentage of Blacks with character flaws than Whites? Jboyst thinks it's because they are poor, I on the other hand, wonder if being broke makes you want to beat on someone?

People are products of their environment. It's learned behavior and beliefs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, what you are saying is that beating someone to a pulp is accepted behavior in the Black communities?

No.

How about the Boston Marathon bombers. If your parents or mine adopted those 2 guys when they were born and they grew up in your family or mine, would they have bombed the marathon? Probably not. Regardless of whatever drove them to do it, they're responsible for their actions. Same for the 3 guys that beat up the guy in Detroit.

No.

How about the Boston Marathon bombers. If your parents or mine adopted those 2 guys when they were born and they grew up in your family or mine, would they have bombed the marathon? Probably not. Regardless of whatever drove them to do it, they're responsible for their actions. Same for the 3 guys that beat up the guy in Detroit.

There were about a dozen guys involved in the Detroit incident and all of them should be held accountable. Now, your original claim was that the incident was caused by "lousy character" amongst the attackers. If that is true then wouldn't it be true that because the overwhelming amount of these incidents occur in Black neighborhoods that they have less character than people living in White neighborhoods? Jboyst claims it's socio-economic and the poor Blacks are just defending their turf. You claimed it was a dearth of character. A kid runs out in front of a vehicle and he gets hit. In a White neighborhood they call 911. In a Black neighborhood they beat up the driver. Can anyone tell me what the disconnect here is that makes people think it is OK to attack a person and put them near death because of an accident?

It still comes back to if this would have happened in a White neighborhood. Since this happens overwhelmingly in Black neighborhoods, do you believe there is a higher percentage of Blacks with character flaws than Whites? Jboyst thinks it's because they are poor, I on the other hand, wonder if being broke makes you want to beat on someone?

No, I did not saying being poor. I said being poor and living in the ghetto which fall under the socio economic realm.

These dudes grew up where you have to fight for what is yours until you get respect in your hood. Then you fall in some pecking order and you stand up to protect your hood. It's just a bunch of hoodlums run amok in the ghetto that we normally turn a blind eye on when in this case it was an outsider that got 'mok.'

If this was Beverly Hills a similar story would be a Hispanic man getting pulled and beaten by a neighborhood watch. Or if deep Louisiana it'd be some neighbors seeing a strange person around and grabbing their guns and running him off. But, this is the ghetto where the only ones that you can prey upon is your own neighbor because if you go a few streets down you'll end up shot by the next neighbor.

No.

It was more then three, likely more then twelve. And there were many more who are guilty by association. I'm fine with a hanging tomorrow at high noon for the guys. They'll never amount to much and only bring humanity down.

There were about a dozen guys involved in the Detroit incident and all of them should be held accountable. Now, your original claim was that the incident was caused by "lousy character" amongst the attackers. If that is true then wouldn't it be true that because the overwhelming amount of these incidents occur in Black neighborhoods that they have less character than people living in White neighborhoods? Jboyst claims it's socio-economic and the poor Blacks are just defending their turf. You claimed it was a dearth of character. A kid runs out in front of a vehicle and he gets hit. In a White neighborhood they call 911. In a Black neighborhood they beat up the driver. Can anyone tell me what the disconnect here is that makes people think it is OK to attack a person and put them near death because of an accident?

race has nothing to do with socio economic. Come to my town, I'll take you to the side of town run by Asians (Cambodians mostly) who are just as ruthless as the South side of town where the Hispanics are, then cross the river to see the Outlaws in their neighborhood, and then back up to Thomasville and High Point where the blacks are and right in between we'll pass the big mill houses where the whites are the trouble makers.

It's not race at all. So, stfu about that, its really getting annoying.

No, I did not saying being poor. I said being poor and living in the ghetto which fall under the socio economic realm.

These dudes grew up where you have to fight for what is yours until you get respect in your hood. Then you fall in some pecking order and you stand up to protect your hood. It's just a bunch of hoodlums run amok in the ghetto that we normally turn a blind eye on when in this case it was an outsider that got 'mok.'

If this was Beverly Hills a similar story would be a Hispanic man getting pulled and beaten by a neighborhood watch. Or if deep Louisiana it'd be some neighbors seeing a strange person around and grabbing their guns and running him off. But, this is the ghetto where the only ones that you can prey upon is your own neighbor because if you go a few streets down you'll end up shot by the next neighbor.

It was more then three, likely more then twelve. And there were many more who are guilty by association. I'm fine with a hanging tomorrow at high noon for the guys. They'll never amount to much and only bring humanity down.

race has nothing to do with socio economic. Come to my town, I'll take you to the side of town run by Asians (Cambodians mostly) who are just as ruthless as the South side of town where the Hispanics are, then cross the river to see the Outlaws in their neighborhood, and then back up to Thomasville and High Point where the blacks are and right in between we'll pass the big mill houses where the whites are the trouble makers.

It's not race at all. So, stfu about that, its really getting annoying.

Annoying was not my intention, but thought provoking was. I guess it worked, at least for you. I was hoping more posters would join in.

Annoying was not my intention, but thought provoking was. I guess it worked, at least for you. I was hoping more posters would join in.

the shut it comment was not toward you. It was to anyone saying it, anywhere. Race doesn't make anyone act a different way. The way they are treated because of race does.

The issue with provoking thoughts about race is someone pulls the card that we all know of "racist" and put right across your forehead.

the shut it comment was not toward you. It was to anyone saying it, anywhere. Race doesn't make anyone act a different way. The way they are treated because of race does.

The issue with provoking thoughts about race is someone pulls the card that we all know of "racist" and put right across your forehead.

I'm not worried about being called a racist here. I've been around long enough with enough posts that people know what I am. I do think people here are frightened to death to approach the subject.

You're painting with a broad brush here. I don't like minorities constantly claiming they're disadvantaged because of their skin and I also don't like blaming bad behavior the same way. Minorities when they claim racism is to blame for high crime rates or poor school performance invite themselves to be criticized by their neighborhood statistics. This is what you're doing and while there may be stats to back up your claim, I simply choose to look beyond race or neighborhood address for the reason bad stuff happens. In this case the attackers are idiots, thugs, criminals and they'll pay a price, but unfortunately the victim will pay the highest price. Bad decisions caused this incident. Nothing else.

Not sure why white folks would go near those places. I don't really even like to go to downtown Atlanta, even when there is a lot of people. You can turn one corner and be presented with an uncomfortable situation, and it 10000% is because is because these black people resent white people. 2 likely homeless black dudes on purpose last time I was downtown just kept stopping in front of me and my wife walking so we would no purpose walk into them. They were saying you don't belong here, many other things. Had to go back and walk around where more people were.

I got beat up by 10 black guys also in downtown Buffalo.

I also got punched at the Boulevard Mall by a black yelling whitey I knocked you out in a knockout game.

I work with many good people and graduated college with may good black people, but without a doubt I believe many black people resent white people and on purpose target them.

Not sure why white folks would go near those places. I don't really even like to go to downtown Atlanta, even when there is a lot of people. You can turn one corner and be presented with an uncomfortable situation, and it 10000% is because is because these black people resent white people. 2 likely homeless black dudes on purpose last time I was downtown just kept stopping in front of me and my wife walking so we would no purpose walk into them. They were saying you don't belong here, many other things. Had to go back and walk around where more people were.

I got beat up by 10 black guys also in downtown Buffalo.

I also got punched at the Boulevard Mall by a black yelling whitey I knocked you out in a knockout game.

I work with many good people and graduated college with may good black people, but without a doubt I believe many black people resent white people and on purpose target them.

so... never had an issue with any other race? Me thinks that is peculiar.

I've been beat up by every race except Eskimo.

so... never had an issue with any other race? Me thinks that is peculiar.

I've been beat up by every race except Eskimo.

Hello.,

I cannot say I have. I had a drunk white dude try to start a fight with me at the bar, like we all likely have had at some point, but the things I am describing above are completely and intentionally race selective engagement. Have been in some heavy hispanic areas and never been presented with the situations I described.

I am just saying my personal experiences. I am not adding the countless times where black dudes force you into pay for parking protection near bars that used to happen in Buffalo when I grew up. If you did not give them 5 bucks you might have a broken windshield when you come back out to your car. I guess they did not care about race as much as money, but they attempted to intimidate people into paying. The people in downtown Atlanta used to try to strongarm you into gving them a few bucks, but not as much anymore, especially after Hurricane Katrina. It is actually against the law to pan handle here.

You've been beaten up by the pygmies of the Ituri rain forest?

they kick the shins pretty hard, yo

Hello.,

I cannot say I have. I had a drunk white dude try to start a fight with me at the bar, like we all likely have had at some point, but the things I am describing above are completely and intentionally race selective engagement. Have been in some heavy hispanic areas and never been presented with the situations I described.

I am just saying my personal experiences. I am not adding the countless times where black dudes force you into pay for parking protection near bars that used to happen in Buffalo when I grew up. If you did not give them 5 bucks you might have a broken windshield when you come back out to your car. I guess they did not care about race as much as money, but they attempted to intimidate people into paying. The people in downtown Atlanta used to try to strongarm you into gving them a few bucks, but not as much anymore, especially after Hurricane Katrina. It is actually against the law to pan handle here.

maybe I am just too dumb to get it but I haven't figured out how them being black has anything to do with any of that ...?

Conversely. I have had black people pay me to park. What a strange world we live in.

they kick the shins pretty hard, yo

maybe I am just too dumb to get it but I haven't figured out how them being black has anything to do with any of that ...?

Conversely. I have had black people pay me to park. What a strange world we live in.

You mean you strong armed people into paying you to "protect" their car? Did you make idle threats as well about broken windows, slashed tires, or key marks on the cars you were protecting? I used to hang out the New Pink, the big warehouse bar that played CFNY type alternative music, had dart boards in the back too, and if you parked near there that is the parking you almost always experienced.

You mean you strong armed people into paying you to "protect" their car? Did you make idle threats as well about broken windows, slashed tires, or key marks on the cars you were protecting? I used to hang out the New Pink, the big warehouse bar that played CFNY type alternative music, had dart boards in the back too, and if you parked near there that is the parking you almost always experienced.

You've never heard of valet parking?