Obama Uses Women To Divide This Country

Obama is on the quest to invent as many "issues" as he can. It's a sad state that we've come to let this person not only have one term but to have reelected him.

http://www.thedailyb...y-than-men.html

"President Obama repeated the spurious gender wage gap statistic in his State of the Union address. “Today,” he said, “women make up about half our workforce. But they still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. That is wrong, and in 2014, it’s an embarrassment.”

What is wrong and embarrassing is the President of the United States reciting a massively discredited factoid. The 23-cent gender pay gap is simply the difference between the average earnings of all men and women working full-time. It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers."

Edited by 3rdnlng

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

another factor in the pay disparity that I rarely see mentioned is the high-risk nature of some professions that tend to be exclusive to men, such as working on oil rigs, mining, demoltiton, highway construction, etc. the potentially hazardous nature of some of these jobs is reflected in the higher wage they offer.

IGNORANT Women voters and young voters are ruining this country. Many have taken the bait dangled by Dems.

Fixed.

Not all, but too many voters want to vote the "feel good" options without digging in to the issues and understanding them fully.

This particular issue is a case in point - is the Democratic party really making a comparison of wages across jobs and industries, and calling them unfair? I rightfully should expect to make more at my job than a woman slinging fries at McD's. But if my female coworkers aren't paid on-par with me, I'll be pretty pissed.

Frankly, I suspect this is a manufactured issue. If women of equivalent skills in equivalent positions as men are getting paid only 77% of what men get paid, that indicates no improvement in the situation over the past few decades, which is more of an indictment of the Democratic party's direction than encouragement for it.

Frankly, I suspect this is a manufactured issue.

It is, though that's hardly a reach when discussing this administration.

Article here.

The American Association of University Women — a feminist organization — conducted a study in 2012 that found when controlling for differences in men and women like occupation and college majors, the supposed wage gap shrinks to just 6.6 cents.

Further, the remaining 6.6 cents can't definitively be tied to discrimination, as the director of public policy and government relations at AAUW, Lisa Maatz, admitted to NPR (you have to click the “listen here” link).

And that 6.6 cent gap was found despite broad categories of college majors. The AAUW made headlines by claiming their study was an “apples to apples” comparison and found that one year out of college, women made 82 cents to the dollar that men made.

Fixed.

Not all, but too many voters want to vote the "feel good" options without digging in to the issues and understanding them fully.

This particular issue is a case in point - is the Democratic party really making a comparison of wages across jobs and industries, and calling them unfair? I rightfully should expect to make more at my job than a woman slinging fries at McD's. But if my female coworkers aren't paid on-par with me, I'll be pretty pissed.

Frankly, I suspect this is a manufactured issue. If women of equivalent skills in equivalent positions as men are getting paid only 77% of what men get paid, that indicates no improvement in the situation over the past few decades, which is more of an indictment of the Democratic party's direction than encouragement for it.

According to the article I linked to women are making about 95% of what men make when considerations such as occupation, hours worked, etc. are made.

Government Can’t Fix The Real Gender Pay Gap.

by Megan McArdle

“The answer seems to be that almost all of the gap is driven by choice of occupation, and working hours, with an emphasis on working hours. Childless women who work the same hours as men make very close to what men do. . . . Most of the gap, however, seems to be driven by the fact that women work less, and that in many high-paying professions, how much you get paid is a function of how much you work … but not a linear function. There are outsized rewards to working the kinds of hours that make it very hard to care for a family.”

The Democrats’ Fake Problems : Democrats, flopping on the economy and health care, try to create new issues.

by Jim Gerharty

The Democrats Have a Marriage Problem : Why they are targeting Single Women

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/040814-696394-single-women-are-far-more-liberal-than-married-women.htm

Women voters and young voters are ruining this country. Many have taken the bait dangled by Dems.

Obama and the dems divided people at every opportunity. Whether it be race, monetary, gender and so on. It's a simple marxist plan. No mystery and it's all out in the open. Nothing secretive about it. He is simply a evil person. Get citizens at each others throat to reinforce big centralized government.

Dividing? Come on, guys. Politics and campaigns are about contrast, is the nature of the beast. The female wage gap is an excellent campaign issue to get young, democratic voting single women to the polls- Midterms usually suck for Democrats because their voters are apathetic because they MT don't have the energy or draw.

Democrats are really good at campaigning with those younger voters.

Obama and the dems divided people at every opportunity. Whether it be race, monetary, gender and so on. It's a simple marxist plan. No mystery and it's all out in the open. Nothing secretive about it. He is simply a evil person. Get citizens at each others throat to reinforce big centralized government.

:lol: :lol:

Dividing? Come on, guys. Politics and campaigns are about contrast, is the nature of the beast. The female wage gap is an excellent campaign issue to get young, democratic voting single women to the polls- Midterms usually suck for Democrats because their voters are apathetic because they MT don't have the energy or draw.

Democrats are really good at campaigning with those younger voters.

Is that because they're gullible or dumb? Or both?

If Conservatives can run around saying tax cuts raise more revenue than they cut, Democrats can say this :beer:

I think you stumbled into Spanky and Alfalfa's "He Man Women Haters Club." Just wait until Darla shows a little leg and bats her eyelashes. 2-1 odds LA is the first to turn on his club brothers. Behold the power of p**sy!

:-)

The reality is that young people, male or female, tend to be both, and Democrats rely on this. Normally it's a lie here or a lie there, but the current administration will literally call a special session of congress and prepare a globally televised event to deliver a message which, at it's core, is based on a lie so blatant and so obvious that even members of congress have been known to break protocol, jump up in frustration and yell "YOU LIE!"

Once everyone realizes the Democrats did, in fact, lie, the young fools stand around and just accept it as the way things are done, shrug their shoulders and say "Well, all presidents lie, so I guess it's okay."

They're idealistic that Government can solve problems wihtout unitended consequences or hurting those they aim to help. That is neither gullible or dumb, just a lack of life expereince.