Obama Uses Women To Divide This Country

Tell me where I am not

Oh, you don't need my help. With each post you are showing everyone here your conservative Republican credentials.

Global-Game-Jam_2012_200px.jpg

Liberalism Is Eating Itself

The Ouroboros is an ancient image showing a large serpent consuming its own tail. Venerated by Greeks, Egyptians and Norsemen of yore, it serves as an apt metaphor for modern American liberalism.

The Democratic coalition was largely built on grievance politics. For decades, progressive leaders divided Americans into subgroups based on race, gender, class, age and sexual orientation. Political leaders were the first to stoke this fire, but educators soon joined in, as did the media, NGOs, big business and popular culture.

This coordinated strategy finally bore fruit with the arrival of the Obama era. Democrats had finally convinced the majority of American voters that Republicans are rich, old, white males who couldn't possibly care about the poor, the young, women or non-whites.

As President Obama assumed power, his Alinskyite past served as the template for a renewed politics of envy, personal grievance and payback. The One Percent must be punished for their wealth. Traditional marriage supporters are hateful bigots on the wrong side of history. Mitt Romney gave old women cancer and locked the younger ones in binders. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly" and "if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon."

As one blogger notes, "Barack Obama thinks his job is to lead the mob, not the country."

But as is often the case with politics, the Left's success bore the seeds of its own destruction. Any ideology that stokes anger and neo-Jacobin tactics is innately unsuited to popular governance. It's a grand time sticking it to The Man until the moment when The Man is you.

And The Man isn't only in charge of the White House and Senate. He owns a controlling interest in the television industry and movies and technology and classrooms and music and art and sports. What's a self-styled revolutionary to do once he has eliminated his most prominent enemies?

Create new enemies, of course.

In the Bay Area, Leftists are blaming Silicon Valley's best and brightest for rising rents.

{snip}

Today, amid Obama's cynical push for fair pay for women, Washington Post reporter Nia-Malika Henderson turned on the White House patriarchy. Dusting off her degree in cultural anthropology, Henderson inveighed against Democratic clip art showing two women in dresses and high heels, demanding to know why neither wore pantsuits, hard hats or lab coats. "'Mad Men' comes to mind," she sniffed.

Grievance, outrage and victimhood were wildly successful tactics when fighting Republicans; is it any wonder Democrats are using them against intraparty rivals? Even in victory, the perpetual victim needs a victimizer. Big Brother needs to hate Emmanuel Goldstein; so what if he once was a party leader?

As Obamacare fails, the economy slumbers, and the world burns, Ouroboros is growing hungrier. And, as in the legend, it will increasingly feed upon itself.

http://ricochet.com/liberalism-eating/

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight. After eight years of George Bush bringing the US to what you call its lowest point in your 50 years of existence, you decided to vote for John McCain instead of Barack Obama? Or wait...let me guess...it was a write-in vote for Ron Paul?

Tell me. Please. If not Barack, who did you, as a conservative Republican, vote for? And when you're done explaining that, explain how...as a conservative...you spend so much time HERE defending the abortion that is Obamacare and the embarrassment that is Barack Obama?

We'll wait.

Here is my voting record:

- Bush 1

- Perot

- Dole

- Bush 2

- 2004 No vote for President

- 2008 - Obama - (sorry - Palin was a dealbreaker)

- Johnson

I have NEVER defended the ACA - I think we should start with a clean sheet of paper and design a new HC funding and delivery system.

I have never really defended BO - I have said all along he is mediocre at best.

Your problem with me is I challenge the posters on this board to come up with something better than BO sucks. Citizens are hungry for leadership in this country.....BO sucks is not leadership. If the GOP were to take the lead with STRONG, pragmatic, executable proposals that were developed without lobbyists - they would strong position to put the US on the right track.

- Develop clean sheet HC funding and delivery. We have to get our HC costs on par with the rest of the world and eliminate employer funding - it makes our private sector carry costs that our international competitors do not.

- Clean up the tax code - for real - eliminate all deductions over a 10-20 span - no exceptions. The tax code has become the single biggest form of federal govt intervention. The deductions developed over the last decades are more than our entire budget.....from there you can adequately reset the tax rates. Want to know why your taxes feel high - you are making up for someone else s deductions.

- I don't have a well developed answer - but middle class income growth is the key to our economy. Our current economic condition is from stale demand - the leverage the middle class used to fuel economic growth from 1998-2008 is gone and we are back to a new norm of static growth in the middle class. I tend to think this situation is the result of globalization, technology. We are in a wage growth dead end right now - low demand = lots or resumes = no wage pressure = no wage growth = no demand growth. We somehow need to get out of this circle.

I did not vote for BO....just telling like it is.....our county was in my 50 years....at its lowest point in 2008-2009...at the end of GW.

then it's apparent that you weren't paying attention when you were 12 - 16, because the state of the nation after GW was still miles above where it was after Carter.

and while you were just teling like it is, you say you didn't vote for BO, and then a couple posts later, you say you voted for him in 2008.

you aren't being consistent.

then it's apparent that you weren't paying attention when you were 12 - 16, because the state of the nation after GW was still miles above where it was after Carter.

and while you were just teling like it is, you say you didn't vote for BO, and then a couple posts later, you say you voted for him in 2008.

you aren't being consistent.

oooooo you got me....as with most other posters....and the GOP these days.....when presented with something substantive it is more interesting to find a gotcha moment than deal with actual issues.....

The country was miles above what in 2008 than 1981? What are you talking about?

oooooo you got me....as with most other posters....and the GOP these days.....when presented with something substantive it is more interesting to find a gotcha moment than deal with actual issues.....

Call it what you want, but stop parading as a conservative. There is nothing in what you've posted to suggest you're even remotely conservative...especially explaining how Palin was a dealbreaker for you. There's no question she has changed since being picked by McCain, but at the time she was a successful conservative governor, so your logic doesn't square.

In fact, one could argue not liking her back then was just a stereotypical liberal misogynistic reaction.

I did not vote for BO....just telling like it is.....our county was in my 50 years....at its lowest point in 2008-2009...at the end of GW.

Sorry if I do not think if Obama Sucks is a good platform

That would really mean something if you could demonstrate any type of relationship between the housing market crash and Bush's presidency. The seeds for that disaster were planted well before GW took office and the **** was destined to hit the fan no matter who was in office. It could have just as easily been Kerry's disaster. Obama deserves absolutely no credit for the natural upswing of the economic cycle following a crash unless you think presiding over the most anemic economic recovery in this nation's history is worthy of praise.

Here is my voting record:

- Bush 1

- Perot

- Dole

- Bush 2

- 2004 No vote for President

- 2008 - Obama - (sorry - Palin was a dealbreaker)

- Johnson

I have NEVER defended the ACA - I think we should start with a clean sheet of paper and design a new HC funding and delivery system.

I have never really defended BO - I have said all along he is mediocre at best.

Your problem with me is I challenge the posters on this board to come up with something better than BO sucks. Citizens are hungry for leadership in this country.....BO sucks is not leadership. If the GOP were to take the lead with STRONG, pragmatic, executable proposals that were developed without lobbyists - they would strong position to put the US on the right track.

- Develop clean sheet HC funding and delivery. We have to get our HC costs on par with the rest of the world and eliminate employer funding - it makes our private sector carry costs that our international competitors do not.

- Clean up the tax code - for real - eliminate all deductions over a 10-20 span - no exceptions. The tax code has become the single biggest form of federal govt intervention. The deductions developed over the last decades are more than our entire budget.....from there you can adequately reset the tax rates. Want to know why your taxes feel high - you are making up for someone else s deductions.

- I don't have a well developed answer - but middle class income growth is the key to our economy. Our current economic condition is from stale demand - the leverage the middle class used to fuel economic growth from 1998-2008 is gone and we are back to a new norm of static growth in the middle class. I tend to think this situation is the result of globalization, technology. We are in a wage growth dead end right now - low demand = lots or resumes = no wage pressure = no wage growth = no demand growth. We somehow need to get out of this circle.

You're a conservative Republican who hasn't voted Republican in 14 years?

You're an idiot.

If Palin was a deal breaker, what was Biden? You can honestly say that you voted for Obama because of Palin, while not taking into consideration Biden's buffoonery?

1. Did not start two unneeded wars.

2. Did not cut taxes to unrealistically low revenue rate (15 percent gdp) without any corresponding cut in expeditures.

3. Started the process of getting our country on par with health care with the rest of the civilized world.

4. Did not participate in jiggering voting rules to disenfranchise voters.

BO has been mediocre at best.....but I would say our country is going to be in much better shape than when he took office.

1 - Two unnecessary wars?

2 - US rating was cut after plans to increase taxes were put in place. I wonder why?

3 - All the while most of the civilized world benefits from medical advancements made in the uncivilized US health care sector and spending

4 - Would that be the scare tactics of proof of voter identity?

The lady doth protest

If Palin was a deal breaker, what was Biden?

Especially after the debate. How do you walk away from that as a conservative and think "Oh, man, she's horrible. That's a dealbreaker for me! I'm voting for the guy who looks like a Jeff Dunham puppet!"

Biden-vs-Walter.jpg

there's a difference between bloviation and substance, and you're giving yourself an awful lot of credit when referring to your own words as 'substantive'. you look to the republican party for ' STRONG, pragmatic, executable proposals that were developed without lobbyists'? no party is going to take a pragmatic approach on any meaningful legislation. why? because they're partisans. if you know anything about politics at all, you know that each party plays to their base, and only tries to court the middle/independents during the general election, and then only as far as the presidential race is concerned. as far as getting lobbyists out of the picture, good freaking luck with that. you can pontificate all you want about pragmatism and legislation uninfluenced by lobbies, but that's just not going to happen, no matter how much you, I, or anyone else would like to see it. look to the balance and separation of powers to keep that in check, if even that has a meaningful effect.

you need to get over yourself. pointing out an inconsistency in what you say is not a 'gotcha' moment. if you don't like your words and ideas being challenged, this is not a good place for you.

Edited by Azalin

Call it what you want, but stop parading as a conservative. There is nothing in what you've posted to suggest you're even remotely conservative...especially explaining how Palin was a dealbreaker for you. There's no question she has changed since being picked by McCain, but at the time she was a successful conservative governor, so your logic doesn't square.

In fact, one could argue not liking her back then was just a stereotypical liberal misogynistic reaction.

Holy reinterpretation of history, Batman. Wow.

Politico column:

For all that the left still invests in the 77-cent factoid, the number is losing some of its potency. When gently asked in an MSNBC interview about the reliability of the pay-gap number, White House economist Betsy Stevenson confessed,
“I agree that the 77 cents on the dollar is not all due to discrimination. No one is trying to say that it is.
But you have to point to some number in order for people to understand the facts.”

There you have it:

For people to understand the facts, you have to give them an easily misunderstood statistic with none of the necessary context and spin it in the most inflammatory, partisan fashion possible.

Otherwise, how is anyone to understand the complex dynamics at work in interpreting disparities in pay between men and women?

Really?

Laughter is the only way to respond to that ridiculous post. It's not ridiculous to say politics is a divide and conquer enterprise -- it is ridiculous to think that Obama is the only force operating right now that's dividing this country. It's down right hysterical to say Obama is doing this on purpose because he hates this country.

That's when you fall into the category of loony. Or comedian. I was hoping for comedian so I laughed.