Jacobs Family front runners?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note it doesn't say he isn't interested, but that he won't sell the Bruins in order to do it.

But he would have to sell the Bruins. And they would not have bothered to make this statement if he had any intentions of buying the Bills, so game over.

Move on and discuss any other white knights like Pegula.

Edited by CodeMonkey

But he would have to sell the Bruins. And they would not have bothered to make this statement if he had any intentions of buying the Bills, so game over.

Pegula isn't buying them either. These guys are hockey fans. They aren't buying a team just because you guys want them to. You have to be passionate about it

Not necessarily true, the statement mention Jeremy Jacobs, Sr. specifically and made no mention of other members of the family.

Pretty much. But, the thing that bugs me the most is that he'll tweet something political and then at some point say that you don't know nor is it your business what his political and religious beliefs are......Really? Because it seems like you just put it out there!

Back to Jacobs. Delaware North put out a statement. Unless they are playing semantics, it doesn't sound like Jacobs is interested. And, just Sunday he was the supposed frontrunner!:

http://wivb.com/2014...f-buying-bills/

please read the statement carefully. it says something, but it doesn't say all.

jw

please read the statement carefully. it says something, but it doesn't say all.

jw

I am fearful that WNY has been lulled into a false sense of security with this lease agreement. The lease agreement secures the short term location of where this team must play their home games, it does NOTHING to secure this team in Buffalo longer term (after another 6 years). In addition, it DOES NOT buy the community or it's politicians any TIME. If the new owner is identified over the next 6 months, as it has been rumored, the decision on who the trust sells the team to WILL determine where this franchise is longer term. If the buyer has local ties and wants to keep the team in WNY, I'm sure they will find a way to make it happen with local politicians, business people and the community, I firmly believe that. But, if that buyer doesn't have local ties or doesn't want to keep the team here long term, they will start down a path to move the team and wait the required 6 years (5 years from when the sale is approved) to make that happen, I firmly believe that as well. So, the lease buys NO TIME, the key decision point will happen over the next several months. WAKE UP WNY !! I'm sick of hearing the drones on GR, Poloncarcz and others talking about this lease, it's irrelevant to the longer term location of this team. I'm also very concerned a local buyer has not come out publicly about being interested in buying the team. Not sure what they would have to lose, certainly a lot to gain (i.e. public support)

Edited by TXBILLSFAN

Guys, he's out. There's no subliminal message. At all.

Plus, 98% of the stuff that's being "reported" is all garbage. No one knows anything except for the Wilsons and their team, and the would be buyers.

Everything else is just pure speculation.

Plus, 98% of the stuff that's being "reported" is all garbage. No one knows anything except for the Wilsons and their team, and the would be buyers.

What do you base this opinion on besides pure speculation?

Then why would you say he is out?

Not necessarily, the NFL has made exceptions in the past, so there is precedent. You may very well be correct that he has no intention of buying the team. He also could easily back his sons in the purchase and not need to change anything relative to his ownership of the Bruins.

Or he really has no plans whatsoever. It's all conjecture at this point. But my intent was to convey that he hadn't explicitly ruled out an interest in owning the Bills.