Jacobs Family front runners?

True. But does that matter? The arena is part of the Bruins corporation so it would be factored into the overall value of the club. I agree it's not strictly apple to apples but I don't see how you can leave out the arena when the club owns it.

Anyways I'm not looking to argue over semantics. Plus my personal preference would be for the Jacobs family to be the new owners of the Bills.

I was surprised at the $600M valuation quoted and did some research and realized that included the stadium --- not so much for this thread, but, when Forbes publishes these lists, they imply a relative comparison that isn't necessarily there --- that's all --- for instance, they have the Cowboys valued at over $2.3Billion -- Jerry's World is 1/2 of that -- so, technically the Cowboys themselves aren't worth $2.3B --- the entity that includes the Cowboys and a stadium is ---

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny. Eight years ago, if people brought up Jeremy Jacobs owning the Bills after Ralph died, people would have said "oh, he's horrible. Look at the Bruins." Now everyone wants him as an owner.

It's funny. Eight years ago, if people brought up Jeremy Jacobs owning the Bills after Ralph died, people would have said "oh, he's horrible. Look at the Bruins." Now everyone wants him as an owner.

It's true. Winning solves everything, even if it's completely luck. The Pats were going to move and now they are a model franchise.

Compare how or by...

<snip>

...I'm not even an NHL fan, I just find this line of thinking short sighted.

I am an NHL fan. As much as I love my Bills, I think hockey is a much better sport. But instead of arguing with you over subjective claims (E Smith better than OJ???), let's compare the two clubs and see where we end up.

The operating income for the B's is $18.5MM, $1.9MM better than the Bills' $12.6MM. For a market five times larger than Buffalo, that's not particularly impressive.

All of those New England fans you referred to don't really bring much to the table. The B's average revenue per fan is only $21.00. Compare that to the Bills at $79.00 per fan.

The Bills are the third from worst NFL team in terms of overall valuation at $870MM. The B's are the sixth highest valued team in the NHL but still trail the Bills by $270MM.

Jacobs has a respected position in the NHL as the Director of the Board of Governors, and that's important. He's also owned the B's since '75, so he's an entrenched owner. As we all know, he's from Buffalo and he and his family are Bills fans. And I think that matters more than any of the numbers.

If they want the team, or if they feel they are the best chance to keep them in Bflo for the long haul, I believe the Jacobs family will make it happen.

http://www.forbes.co.../boston-bruins/

http://www.forbes.co.../buffalo-bills/

Edited by Campy

It's true. Winning solves everything, even if it's completely luck. The Pats were going to move and now they are a model franchise.

Just wait until Brady is gone. And they were never in real danger of moving. Kraft just played CT and the NFL to get a better deal from MA and the NFL (G-3 fund).