Kevin Elliott

without looking, your comment leaves me curious about some of his shuttle and cone times compared to others, or some of the things like 10 yard split or broad jump which can cover explosive ability.

just having a huge catch radius and straight line speed only goes so far - part of a wide receivers body type needs to be getting off the line, and agility/cutting which tends to get rocky as you get that tall (hence calvin johnson is a FREAK of nature).

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=61522&draftyear=2009&genpos=WR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Evans talk has nervous. Kid had a meltdown in the A&M bowl game this year........lost his cool big time and was removed from the game...stupid penalities etc etc. He may be the role physically, but the Bills would be buying a potential "problem child" . He did not look to me like he had a pro head on his shoulders. Maybe not as bad as Dez in Dallas, but not a player ready to handle himself like Woods was last year.

All this Evans talk has nervous. Kid had a meltdown in the A&M bowl game this year........lost his cool big time and was removed from the game...stupid penalities etc etc. He may be the role physically, but the Bills would be buying a potential "problem child" . He did not look to me like he had a pro head on his shoulders. Maybe not as bad as Dez in Dallas, but not a player ready to handle himself like Woods was last year.

It's a valid concern and one that has to be weighed in their decision to take him or not. I hope the Bills can somehow trade up for Watkins or if not just draft Ebron 1st/OL 2nd/WR 3rd. As much as I want to be on board with Evans I just can't seem to get there. I think he's possibly got too much growing up to do and the Bills are a team that can't wait a couple of years for that to happen.

I didn't know that SJ never works out with the QB in the offseason though. That is odd. Not to turn this into a Stevie thread by any means.

I heard they might shoot some hoops next week. Maybe even a game of horse.

That's why I've been a fan of Benjamin. He's just as big. Almost as athletic. Has as much of a ceiling and probably a higher floor considering his relationship with EJ.

I have to believe they will pick EJ's brain on Benjamin. I don't have anything against him... in fact I remember watching a FSU game this year, seeing Benjamin on the field pre-game, and doing a double take like who is THAT?! He is one huge WR. One thing to remember is they are both kind of raw still (Benjamin supposedly made big strides between his RS Freshman and RS Soph year) but Evans is 20 and Benjamin is or is about to be 23. The game I watched him in the most was against Auburn and they didn't have big DBs to cover him but he dropped some critical passes down the middle. They were right on the money and didn't seem like tough catches from what i could tell.. Obviously he caught the winning TD and it was a tough catch in a crowd, in the biggest moment of his football life and he made it, hung on, etc. So that is worth a lot. Edited by YoloinOhio

Kevin Elliott? You don't not take a player you think is going to be a stud because you have Kevin Elliott waiting in the wings on your practice squad. If you like Mike Evans, take him. If you don't, don't. If you don't and that gives a guy like Elliott a better shot at seeing reps, so be it. But I can assure you that Kevin Elliott is not affecting the Bills' draft strategy. That's like saying, "yeah we really like Teddy Bridgewater but we already have Jeff Tuel and he's tall too..."

Kevin Elliott? You don't not take a player you think is going to be a stud because you have Kevin Elliott waiting in the wings on your practice squad. If you like Mike Evans, take him. If you don't, don't. If you don't and that gives a guy like Elliott a better shot at seeing reps, so be it. But I can assure you that Kevin Elliott is not affecting the Bills' draft strategy. That's like saying, "yeah we really like Teddy Bridgewater but we already have Jeff Tuel and he's tall too..."

As far as I know, no one suggested this. He was brought up as someone who could possibly make the roster as a fringe player due to his ST play and his size was another factor. Nothing to do with the draft.

bingo.

As far as I know, no one suggested this. He was brought up as someone who could possibly make the roster as a fringe player due to his ST play and his size was another factor. Nothing to do with the draft.

Fair enough. I guess I was thinking about a recent thread where someone said that they don't need to draft Evans or Ebron because they already have Ramses Barden.

I heard good things last year about Elliot til he got hurt. Kaufman is interesting, they must've liked something since they broughtem back. My money is on Ramses, he will find playing time here if we don't draft Evans. I will be on his wagon all preseason. He was also working out with EJ last week. Big big man.

Edited by Spillnation

I think the Bills' WR crops next year will be greatly influcenced by special teams. I would think (as of the current moment) that SJ, RW, MG are 3 locks and then that the next most likely to find a spot is Easley based on his special teams production and Marrone's comments about needing to develop a core of special teamers. Hogan also performed pretty well on special teams, but whether his production was good enough to counter against superior receiving talent I'm less convinced. Given all that I think TJ Graham is in major trouble. If the Bills draft a receiver (especially someone like Evans early) then that's 4 spots gone, plus probably Easley as a back up and core special teamer.... so Graham and Hogan are right on the bubble. If any of those other guys (Kauffman, Elliott, Barden etc) step up or the Bills decide to go in with only 5 WRs in the 53, or they prefer Hogan for his special teams work then TJ is gone.

Edited by GunnerBill

• 2 weeks later...

I like Barden's potential as not only a WR, but also a TE/H-Back...much rather keep him over Chris Hogan. Same with Elliott, who it's obvious they like him...as they kept him on IR all year, stashed away, and didn't buy him out/release him.

I just don't see where keeping a WR because of his special teams abilities, rather than his WR abilities, is a good idea.

Just because Easley or Hogan are better than Elliott or Barden on ST's, doesn't mean that is who they should keep...especially if the latter two are better WR's. You can coach someone to run down the field and tackle a kick returner...you cannot coach WR intangibles.

As for the draft...I don't see Watkins, Evans or Benjamin being a Buffalo Bills draftee...although I want Evans or Benjamin. It's more likely they go for a Latimer, Coleman, or another bigger WR in the 3rd or 4th rounds. (Which I am ok with, IF they get the TE early.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

The Bills will have many good sized WRs in camp

Hogan 6-1 220

Easley 6-2 217

Roberson 6-4 220

Ramses 6-6 224

Elliott 6-3 205

Stevie 6-2 205

Summers 6-5 215 Chris not Frank

It seems like at least a couple of these guys should pan out well ------ plus a guy I had high hope for last year

Kaufman 6-5 215

GOOO BILLS

Plus mike Williams now, who I think is like 6'2" or 6'3".