Kevin Elliott

i have noticed lately that Kevin Elliott has been tweeting a couple times over the past week that he is throwing and practicing with EJ. I always forget about him. He is 6'3 and 215. I know he was a UDFA for Jax and cut and signed by the Bills so not a big time "prospect" but he was looking good on ST last PS before he tore his ACL and with his size I wonder if he could compete for a roster spot. Did anyone who frequented TC last year notice whether he showed promise as a WR? Just thought it was cool he was putting in work with EJ in April.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not surprised he's putting in work with EJ. What I'd be surprised with is if any of the WRs who are under contract, especially bubble guys like Elliott, don't put in time with EJ since he'll be the starter and they're fighting for a roster spot.

But I couldn't tell you how he looked as a WR.

Big WR's currently under contract are no Mike Evans. Ramses Barden is the closest thing, but he is still not really comparable. If the Bills are looking for a sure-fire #1 receiver for the long term, I can't see Evans being passed on. I'd love to be a fly on the wall of Whaley's office this offseason.

The Bills will have many good sized WRs in camp

Hogan 6-1 220

Easley 6-2 217

Roberson 6-4 220

Ramses 6-6 224

Elliott 6-3 205

Stevie 6-2 205

Summers 6-5 215 Chris not Frank

It seems like at least a couple of these guys should pan out well ------ plus a guy I had high hope for last year

Kaufman 6-5 215

GOOO BILLS

The Bills wanted D-Jax, didn't get him. The Bills wanted Kenny Britt, didn't get him. I think both of these moves were meant to bring in a number one receiver (you can debate whether Britt is a number one WR but he's a big target). The Bills know their need for a big target, they've said it several times since the end of last year.

They also know the importance of giving Manuel all the tools he needs to succeed. If Evans is on the board at nine there's no way they don't take him.

The Bills wanted D-Jax, didn't get him. The Bills wanted Kenny Britt, didn't get him. I think both of these moves were meant to bring in a number one receiver (you can debate whether Britt is a number one WR but he's a big target). The Bills know their need for a big target, they've said it several times since the end of last year.

They also know the importance of giving Manuel all the tools he needs to succeed. If Evans is on the board at nine there's no way they don't take him.

I feel the same... they keep saying they are "all in" on EJ and they have to know that this season will be his time to keep the job or not keep the job. They are all tied to his success as they all came into their roles at the same time (Marrone, Whaley, Hackett) and are invested in him to be the Bills QB. If Evans is there, I can't think of a better way to help EJ succeed this year than to give him a WR like this.

As far as the other guys, I think Elliott may have a chance to make the roster based on his ST play last year (if he replicates that this PS) and size combined. Players who are on the fringe of their position usually are kept for depth based on their ST ability, IMO. The 6'3 part helps too.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hogan 6-1 220

Easley 6-2 217

Roberson 6-4 220

Ramses 6-6 224

Elliott 6-3 205

Stevie 6-2 205

It seems like at least a couple of these guys should pan out well ------ plus a guy I had high hope for last year

Kaufman 6-5 215

GOOO BILLS

But as many have said....none of those guys are Mike Evans

I think the need for a big physical target WR is there. I'm not 100% sold on Evans myself but if they are, I love the move. But I will agree we need a big physical beast of a WR.

Edited by mrags

i have noticed lately that Kevin Elliott has been tweeting a couple times over the past week that he is throwing and practicing with EJ. I always forget about him. He is 6'3 and 215. I know he was a UDFA for Jax and cut and signed by the Bills so not a big time "prospect" but he was looking good on ST last PS before he tore his ACL and with his size I wonder if he could compete for a roster spot. Did anyone who frequented TC last year notice whether he showed promise as a WR? Just thought it was cool he was putting in work with EJ in April.

I agree. Forgot about him also. He was looking good in preseason.

Wish EJ would be working with SJ, Woods, Goodwin, etc this offseason. Especially SJ.

I would agree with this. Perhaps he is and we just don't know it. Particularly SJ, they seemed to be on different pages last year.

Trying to figure out what the Bills will do on Draft day. They have a few big Wr on the roster are they feeling good about that ? does that rule out Evans ?

If not Evans, then where do they go. If the qb's fall you can assume the two tackles and mack will surley be gone. It gets very interesting

I could see one of the top 2 tackles, but if not, I don't know how they either don't trade back, or take Evans if he is there. also, if the QB's fall, Evans could be gone. What do you do if top two tackles and Evans and Watkins are gone? Go BPA that's not a QB and take Aaron Donald ?? That would be an interesting problem.

Wish EJ would be working with SJ, Woods, Goodwin, etc this offseason. Especially SJ.

EJ was asked in an interview (can't remember where) about whether he would be getting together in the offseason with any of the WRs to work and he said Woods and Goodwin were both in school in CA and TX respectively so it was going to be hard to coordinate getting all the WRs in the same spot but was going to try. Not sure about SJ, but he and Spiller were practicing in CA a week or two ago. Saw that on Twitter. Edited by YoloinOhio

Kaufman 6-5 215

GOOO BILLS

Also in the Kaufman camp. I thought he showed well last year in ps. It will be interesting to see what he can do this year.

Hogan 6-1 220

Easley 6-2 217

Roberson 6-4 220

Ramses 6-6 224

Elliott 6-3 205

Stevie 6-2 205

Kaufman 6-5 215

GOOO BILLS

Barden is just an enigma to me. If ever there was a body built to play WR... The guys theoretical catch radius must exceed or equal any in the game (6'6", huge wings and hands, 4.5 speed)

Barden is just an enigma to me. If ever there was a body built to play WR... The guys theoretical catch radius must exceed or equal any in the game (6'6", huge wings and hands, 4.5 speed)

without looking, your comment leaves me curious about some of his shuttle and cone times compared to others, or some of the things like 10 yard split or broad jump which can cover explosive ability.

just having a huge catch radius and straight line speed only goes so far - part of a wide receivers body type needs to be getting off the line, and agility/cutting which tends to get rocky as you get that tall (hence calvin johnson is a FREAK of nature).

EJ was asked in an interview (can't remember where) about whether he would be getting together in the offseason with any of the WRs to work and he said Woods and Goodwin were both in school in CA and TX respectively so it was going to be hard to coordinate getting all the WRs in the same spot but was going to try. Not sure about SJ, but he and Spiller were practicing in CA a week or two ago. Saw that on Twitter.

Good info, thanks!

I imagine they all want to take time away from the game as well, which I can understand. Someone like SJ, though... EJ really will need to work to get on the same page with, since SJ is particularly unorthadox. Woods seems to run really clean patterns, so I'm not too worried there. Goodwin, I just think EJ needs to get used to his speed, lots of missed deep balls there, and not because he doesn't have the arm, but because he doesn't know where to put the ball in relation to Goodwin.