Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this draft, with only 6 picks, I would be trying to trade often. Anything extra you pick up in the top 4/5 round will be really help. Especially with almost 100 under classmen in the draft. Why would be basically want to trade away the entire draft plus next years top pick for one guy? We aren't that close to a championship!

find a partner and trade back.

In this draft, with only 6 picks, I would be trying to trade often. Anything extra you pick up in the top 4/5 round will be really help. Especially with almost 100 under classmen in the draft. Why would be basically want to trade away the entire draft plus next years top pick for one guy? We aren't that close to a championship!

I would agree with this. It would be crazy for the Bills to trade up to 1 given other needs they still have, unless they saw a QB they had to have among this year's crop. I do not see that at all. Clowney would not be worth it.

Makes sense! All we hear is how deep this draft is, and we are unlikely to get one of the few blue-chippers without trading up. If the QBs get taken and one of the studs falls to us it becomes a different story. But, we have more needs than one guy.

I 100% agree with this, however if the Bills brass (Whaley, Brandon and Marrone) see this season as a make or break year than they might go balls to the wall for an elite talent. Truth is that this defense is not too far from being dominant IMO, Clowny or Mack might push them over the edge. And a dominant defense might be what this offense needs to succede. Clowney/Dareus/Williams/Williams would make our LBs a terror.

I'm not advocating for a trade up mind you, just giving my opinion on why the Bills may head in that direction.

I don't see trading up to #1 as a likely scenario, but perhaps 2 or 3.

In the bizarre scenario that Clowney or Mack makes it passed Cleveland, I can definitely see us trading up if we can get a team to agree.

If one of the QBs is there at #9, are there any scenerios where we draft them and immediatly trade them to someone else ala Eli Manning?

If they can't make a deal on draft day to trade down... I seem to remember this happening more recently than with Eli or am I crazy? Happens a lot in the NBA draft.

I don't see trading up to #1 as a likely scenario, but perhaps 2 or 3.

In the bizarre scenario that Clowney or Mack makes it passed Cleveland, I can definitely see us trading up if we can get a team to agree.

I'd GLADLY give up as much as we gave up for Bennett to get EITHER Clowney or Mack. Wouldn't blink an eye in the time it would take me to consider that deal.

GO BILLS!!!

There's absolutely no friggin way Pettine passes on Mack or Clowney at 4, no way.

Tim-

Agreed. Those are the two best players in this draft. Personally, I can't see EITHER of them making it out of the top three, given their talent level.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed. Those are the two best players in this draft. Personally, I can't see EITHER of them making it out of the top three, given their talent level.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed...Clowney very likely goes #1 to Houston, and Mack goes #3 to Jacksonville...

On a side note, imagine if the Rams took Mack. Their LBs would be Mack/Ogletree/Laurinaitis, and they have Chris Long and Robert Quinn to rush the passer from the edge as well...wow!

Agreed...Clowney very likely goes #1 to Houston, and Mack goes #3 to Jacksonville...

On a side note, imagine if the Rams took Mack. Their LBs would be Mack/Ogletree/Laurinaitis, and they have Chris Long and Robert Quinn to rush the passer from the edge as well...wow!

They would still not make the playoffs. They need offense.

Since we have little or no chance of doing that ourselves, I don't WANT to imagine it.

But I'm petty that way.

GO BILLS!!!

They would still not make the playoffs. They need offense.

If they managed to pitch a season-long shutout, I betcha 0-0-16 would get them in :D

Seriously though, I'm near positive the Rams will go with either Watkins or an OT. Right now I'm betting on Watkins.

Since we have little or no chance of doing that ourselves, I don't WANT to imagine it.

But I'm petty that way.

GO BILLS!!!

That IS petty...

:D

I will say this.....

If Clowney is that good...I mean REALLY that good....like Bruce Smith good......then why not?

The team is very close to being complete at every position

My only problem with this is we ALREADY have a pro bowler DE on the team that we are paying 100 million dollars to who is pretty darn good.....while we just got done taking a franchise QB......

If its me I spend every pick on players to keep Manual upright and places to throw the ball to......but thats me

I will say this.....

If Clowney is that good...I mean REALLY that good....like Bruce Smith good......then why not?

The team is very close to being complete at every position

My only problem with this is we ALREADY have a pro bowler DE on the team that we are paying 100 million dollars to who is pretty darn good.....while we just got done taking a franchise QB......

If its me I spend every pick on players to keep Manual upright and places to throw the ball to......but thats me

So you make Clowney play a little OT and WR, too. Problem solved.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm not so sure Houston won't take Mack first. I hear they like him more.

Then that means they won't :) Haha, but really if it is true they are trying to trade out of the #1 pick, they very well may like Mack more and will take him at 4 or 5 or wherever they end up.

Jay Skurski@JaySkurski 6m

Bills again linked to No. 1 pick - BN Blitz - The Buffalo News http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/04/21/bills-linked-1-pick/ … via @TheBuffaloNews

Prisco heard this from league people