SDS quoted again on NFL.com!!!!

SDS's comment isn't helping public perception.

"Am I fearful or hopeful?" Sarama wrote in an email. "I am both. Clearly, the countdown clock has started, but what are we counting down towards? The commissioner and the owners are talking a good game about keeping the franchise in Buffalo today, but let a couple of years pass and see if their tune changes. Today they offer hope, but when $1 billion is on the line, the conversation will get a lot more real. Personally, I have grown tired of that dark cloud. Either rain on us or go away. I look forward to a final resolution."

To paraphrase "They need to have a movement or get off the pot."

If SDS is going to speak for all of Bills fans in the media then he he needs a couple sound bites as to why the Bills should not move. Can someone give SDS some better talking points as to why the Bills are not a good franchise to relocate?

I saw some good points in the "What Happens Next thread . ."

These article are written with the forgone conclusion that the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo is not a viable long term option. That assumption should be challenged by Bills fans at every opportunity, at least in the national media.

Can it be said the dream of a Bills community , this site has become a place where its founder and the site itself a person and place those from outside come to get a feel as to what Bills supporters are thinking. Many have said this just a internet site, but is has become one others see as representative of the Bills community. That is special in my view and great thanks and appreciation do go to Scott for this . It a privilege to use site, to be allowed to post, such interviews in my view speak to how others are reading, that each of us who use site do represent .

SDS's comment isn't helping public perception.

[/font][/color]

To paraphrase "They need to have a movement or get off the pot."

If SDS is going to speak for all of Bills fans in the media then he he needs a couple sound bites as to why the Bills should not move. Can someone give SDS some better talking points as to why the Bills are not a good franchise to relocate?

I saw some good points in the "What Happens Next thread . ."

These article are written with the forgone conclusion that the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo is not a viable long term option. That assumption should be challenged by Bills fans at every opportunity, at least in the national media.

Proposed Talking points:

The Bills were 11th out of 32 in Rating in the NFL. (Yes this is % of possible viewers none the less it is still a good talking point for the Bills staying in Buffalo)

The Bills have the most passionate fans in the NFL.

Looking at the #1-5 of NFL relocation policy: Numbers #1 and #2 are fan and community support. So that should mean something.

1. The extent to which the club has satisfied, particularly in the last four years, its

principal obligation of effectively representing the NFL and serving the fans in its

current community; whether the club has previously relocated and the

circumstances of such prior relocation;

2. The extent to which fan loyalty to and support for the club has been demonstrated

during the team's tenure in the current community;

3. The adequacy of the stadium in which the club played its home games in the

previous season; the willingness of the stadium authority or the community to

remedy any deficiencies in or to replace such facility, including whether there are

legislative or referenda proposals pending to address these issues; and the

characteristics of the stadium in the proposed new community;

4. The extent to which the club, directly or indirectly, received public financial support

by means of any publicly financed playing facility, special tax treatment, or any

other form of public financial support and the views of the stadium authority (if

public) in the current community;

5. The club’s financial performance, particularly whether the club has incurred net

operating losses (on an accrual basis of accounting), exclusive of depreciation and

amortization, sufficient to threaten the continued financial viability of the club, as

well as the club’s financial prospects in its current community;

http://www.leg.state...cationRules.pdf

Anyone else have any good talking points for SDS?

Edited by Why So Serious?

Proposed Talking points:

The Bills were 11th out of 32 in Rating in the NFL. (Yes this is % of possible viewers none the less it is still a good talking point for the Bills staying in Buffalo)

The Bills have the most passionate fans in the NFL.

Looking at the #1-5 of NFL relocation policy: Numbers #1 and #2 are fan and community support. So that should mean something.

Please. I don't need your talking points. I have my own honest opinions that I share when asked. If I'm to have 30 seconds of fame, it will come from me - not someone's "talking points".

For the others, thanks for the kind words. I give my opinion, regardless if it is rosy or not.

Good job again SDS!

I liked this passage too:

"The Bills will continue to prepare for the draft -- just a few days before his death, Wilson was on the phone with the team's CEO, Russ Brandon, talking about safeties he liked -- and for the 2014 season. But beyond that, Buffalo will be thrust into a murkiness it can do little to clarify."

Ralph was Buffalo Bills football, all the way to the very end. RIP Ralph Wilson!

Please. I don't need your talking points. I have my own honest opinions that I share when asked. If I'm to have 30 seconds of fame, it will come from me - not someone's "talking points".

For the others, thanks for the kind words. I give my opinion rather it is rosy or not.

To your first point, I agree completely - specifically, that it should be your personal insights and perspective to provide an honest and transparent account of your opinions and beliefs. You are not a political leader or defacto elected representative, you are your own person and to that end, most of us expect nothing else except to be just that - yourself....

To the second point, also agreed...truth is absent emotion and telling it is as such is sometimes difficult to accept, but very few outside the flexible boundaries of Buffalo BILLS' fandom understand what dark days we face and the anxiety surrounding the big question of: stay or go.....either way, thank you for representing appropriately and intelligently....oh, and um, for this forum too I guess. ... :worthy:

To your first point, I agree completely - specifically, that it should be your personal insights and perspective to provide an honest and transparent account of your opinions and beliefs. You are not a political leader or defacto elected representative, you are your own person and to that end, most of us expect nothing else except to be just that - yourself....

To the second point, also agreed...truth is absent emotion and telling it is as such is sometimes difficult to accept, but very few outside the flexible boundaries of Buffalo BILLS' fandom understand what dark days we face and the anxiety surrounding the big question of: stay or go.....either way, thank you for representing appropriately and intelligently....oh, and um, for this forum too I guess. ... :worthy:

Most? Maybe.

But I expect him to buy me a beer. :pirate:

- The Buffalo Bills represent the roots of the NFL.

- Ralph Wilson championed policies such as gate & television revenue sharing that helped ensure the success of the entire league. He loaned the Oakland Raiders $400K to keep that franchise afloat, and was also willing to loan Billy Sullivan of the Patriots money as well, likely saving the entire AFL from folding. He never left Buffalo during his lifetime, and never voted in favor of any franchise relocation. The best and most appropriate way to honor this Hall of Famer's memory is to give local interests the chance to keep the team in Buffalo.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

- The Buffalo Bills represent the roots of the NFL.

- Ralph Wilson championed policies such as gate & television revenue sharing that helped ensure the success of the entire league. He loaned the Oakland Raiders $400K to keep that franchise afloat, and was also willing to loan Billy Sullivan of the Patriots money as well, likely saving the entire AFL from folding. He never left Buffalo during his lifetime, and never voted in favor of any franchise relocation. The best and most appropriate way to honor this Hall of Famer's memory is to give local interests the chance to keep the team in Buffalo.

How does that address the question that I was specifically asked? Oh, that's right - neither of you were there. :wallbash: