Johnny Manziel thread

It helps to watch the games doc. He was on the move out of necessity often. And that's where his value is. He can get out of trouble. Also very accurate--even on the run. This was also seen in his pro day.

He had one of the best OL in the country weo. Doesn't matter what you think you watched. But now we know where you stand with Manziel, so if he busts, we won't have to hear about how you knew it.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This really sounds like disinformation to me given when you factor in the Vikings dire need for a QB:

Mike Zimmer said some ‘flags' came up when Vikings met with Johnny Manziel

The Minnesota Vikings have been paying close attention to Johnny Manziel throughout the NFL draft process, and it increasingly sounds as if the former Texas A&M quarterback will not be a fit with new head coach Mike Zimmer. Following Manziel's pro day, there was a report that Zimmer was unimpressed with the "sideshow" event, and now Zimmer is speaking out on the team's private meeting with the signal-caller.

Vikings coach: Johnny Manziel brings ‘question marks’

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

1) This thread is really entertaining to follow, 2) is this the longest thread ever for a player with a slim to none chance of being drafted by the Bills? :lol:

To answer your question...No, I don't think this is the longest thread about a player with almost no chance of being drafted by the Bills. That honor I would bet goes to Tim Tebow...although, this one may give it a run for its money by the time the draft gets here.

To answer your question...No, I don't think this is the longest thread about a player with almost no chance of being drafted by the Bills. That honor I would bet goes to Tim Tebow...although, this one may give it a run for its money by the time the draft gets here.

Lol, I should have known - I wasn't on the board at that time. I can only imagine!

Yeah but the Bills were trying to move back into round 1 in order to take Tebow, right?

If he slips past the Vikes.....The Cowboys could be ringing our lines hard. Time for payback!!!!! Fleece em Whaley!

Jerry must be salivating at this prospect....he is the P.T. Barnum of the NFL

1 year under Romo as understudy and then Dallas takes the hit next year on his contract releasing him

Not a doubt in my mind that Dallas would consider it.

Cowboys gave Romo a monster deal so I highly doubt they are going to trade a bunch of picks to draft another QB.

Yeah but the Bills were trying to move back into round 1 in order to take Tebow, right?

Bills were moving up to draft Demaryius Thomas.

He had one of the best OL in the country weo. Doesn't matter what you think you watched. But now we know where you stand with Manziel, so if he busts, we won't have to hear about how you knew it.

That's right doc, I can believe you or my lyin eyes.

And my thoughts about Manziel are well known here for many months, why would I change them later?

That's right doc, I can believe you or my lyin eyes.

And my thoughts about Manziel are well known here for many months, why would I change them later?

I watched highlights of the game. He had good protection for the most part and I counted 2, and arguably 3, passes where he hit his receiver in stride. And a lot of his game is predicated on designed scrambles. We'll see how that translates to the NFL.

I watched highlights of the game. He had good protection for the most part and I counted 2, and arguably 3, passes where he hit his receiver in stride. And a lot of his game is predicated on designed scrambles. We'll see how that translates to the NFL.

I bet his OT's bust.

I bet his OT's bust.

Curious why you think this - Jake Matthews has been labeled on most scouting reports as pretty much bust-proof? I am not arguing so please don't take that way, I really never watched Matthews that closely, but seeing as how I think the Bills might draft him, why do you think he will be a bust?

I'm undecided on Manziel, but it's been pointed out, that he takes off running even when he has a clean pocket to throw from. One could argue that's because he doesn't read defenses well.

Curious why you think this - Jake Matthews has been labeled on most scouting reports as pretty much bust-proof? I am not arguing so please don't take that way, I really never watched Matthews that closely, but seeing as how I think the Bills might draft him, why do you think he will be a bust?

I don't think the highly touted O-lineman ever perform up to first round standards. You'd think the first tackle taken in the top 10 would be a top 10 player at the position. Or at least top 15. But too many years have been seen where these guys are just "ok" at the NFL level, even with their high draft choice.

Lump that together with the fact that Johnny Football got pressured a TON this season. You got a QB, who basically requires a CB spy on him at all times and always makes defenses try to contain instead of penetrate. And Johnny still needed to run 30 yards behind the LOS to make a play? Who do you blame that on?

Completely unsubstantiated rumor.

I'm undecided on Manziel, but it's been pointed out, that he takes off running even when he has a clean pocket to throw from. One could argue that's because he doesn't read defenses well.

I doubt he was required to read defenses at all in college. I would expect a high degree of "busted plays" when you look at one read, or maybe two. Once he decides to move, every play is going to look like a fire drill, but how often was that because coverage was inadequate vs. his initial receiver was not open on first look? This kid, like virtually all college QBs, is going to have a big learning curve, and athleticism is only going to take him so far. His image polishing work recently aside, along with the scripted and carefully managed pro day, may end up fooling someone at the top of the draft, but he is far from a "can't miss" type you would want to spend a top draft choice on, IMO, which admittedly is not one of an expert. I just do not like him or his game.

I bet his OT's bust.

They may, but in college they were studs. How they, and Manziel, transition to the NFL is anyone's guess.

Quite possibly.

Completely unsubstantiated rumor.

Yep. I was joking.

I don't think the highly touted O-lineman ever perform up to first round standards. You'd think the first tackle taken in the top 10 would be a top 10 player at the position. Or at least top 15. But too many years have been seen where these guys are just "ok" at the NFL level, even with their high draft choice.

Lump that together with the fact that Johnny Football got pressured a TON this season. You got a QB, who basically requires a CB spy on him at all times and always makes defenses try to contain instead of penetrate. And Johnny still needed to run 30 yards behind the LOS to make a play? Who do you blame that on?

This is shortsighted. There are numerous 1st round tackles now residing in the HOF and others that will be.

It can be said of ANY position selected that the odds of him becoming an NFL star are 50/50 at best.

GO BILLS!!!