Should the NFL buy out the CFL?

oman128

I kind of like the idea, but more so as a developmental league rather than an expansion of the NFL. I think NFL Europe was a great idea because it was a place where the NFL could develop talent. Who knows if it weren't for NFL Europa the Bills might've never realized the potential Freddy /Jackson had. It could function kind of like minor league baseball or farm system. This idea would maybe even better served to keep inside the borders of the U.S. where there would probably be better fan support. 8 team farm system that plays 6 weeks of football starting sometime in the early spring, so the season is all wrapped up prior to the NFL training camp. That way players who really impress have a chance to make the jump to the "majors" in time for minicamps. I look at it more as an opportunity for teams to develop talent more so than soldout crowds and tons of fan interest, but given enough time I could see certain cities supporting these type of franchises.

Do you think you'll ever be a day when the NFL and the Canadian Football League merge and the Canadian teams become part of the NFL? Think of all the new teams, revenue,media markets etc.

Never happen. Canadians are pretty passionate about keeping their game how it is.

Do you think you'll ever be a day when the NFL and the Canadian Football League merge and the Canadian teams become part of the NFL? Think of all the new teams, revenue,media markets etc.

doubt it, they need to start producing kids that can play, if we supply all the talent the product on the field will be greatly watered down, especially at the QB position.

I kind of like the idea, but more so as a developmental league rather than an expansion of the NFL. I think NFL Europe was a great idea because it was a place where the NFL could develop talent. Who knows if it weren't for NFL Europa the Bills might've never realized the potential Freddy /Jackson had. It could function kind of like minor league baseball or farm system. This idea would maybe even better served to keep inside the borders of the U.S. where there would probably be better fan support. 8 team farm system that plays 6 weeks of football starting sometime in the early spring, so the season is all wrapped up prior to the NFL training camp. That way players who really impress have a chance to make the jump to the "majors" in time for minicamps. I look at it more as an opportunity for teams to develop talent more so than soldout crowds and tons of fan interest, but given enough time I could see certain cities supporting these type of franchises.

NO WAY CFL goes for this, they would want to be equals or not at all

Never happen. Canadians are pretty passionate about keeping their game how it is.

This.

They love THEIR game! OP isn't giving any credence to the Canadian fanbase. They enjoy their different rules and love their teams.

fuggitaboutit

This.

They love THEIR game! OP isn't giving any credence to the Canadian fanbase. They enjoy their different rules and love their teams.

fuggitaboutit

Ask any Canadian and they'll tell you their version is the ORIGINAL football. No idea if that's true.

Ask any Canadian and they'll tell you their version is the ORIGINAL football. No idea if that's true.

I think the NFL version of football is the original.

Canada just does what it always does best, take something American, change a few things about it and give it a new name and call it Canadian. They do it all the time with TV shows

Who wants to be a Canadian Millionaire

Are you smarter than a Canadian 5th grader

The Amazing Race Canada

Master Chef Canada

The Bachelor Canada

Big Brother Canada

Top Chef Canada

Chopped Canada

Canada's got talent

Canada's next top model

Canadian antiques road show

Canadian Pickers

Canadian Idol

Deal or no deal Canada

Wipeout Canada

CBF

Canada just does what it always does best, take something American, change a few things about it and give it a new name and call it Canadian. They do it all the time with TV shows

The Amazing Race Canada

Master Chef Canada

The Bachelor Canada

Big Brother Canada

Top Chef Canada

Chopped Canada

Canada's got talent

Canada's next top model

Canadian Pickers

Canadian Idol

Deal or no deal Canada

Wipeout Canada

CBF

Canada's Most Wanted

Canada's Most Wanted

Please tell me your joking right?

Robin Williams may have said it best....

"Canada is a loft apartment over a really great party"

I kid sometimes but truth is I love Canada and wouldnt want to live anyplace else but I do agree that they could do some things differently.

CBF

Please tell me your joking right?

Robin Williams may have said it best....

"Canada is a loft apartment over a really great party"

I kid sometimes but truth is I love Canada and wouldnt want to live anyplace else but I do agree that they could do some things differently.

CBF

Of course I'm joking. I just thought we were playing the "American to Canadian Television Show" game.

GO BILLS!!!

The Amazing Race Canada

Master Chef Canada

The Bachelor Canada

Big Brother Canada

Top Chef Canada

Chopped Canada

Canada's got talent

Canada's next top model

Canadian Pickers

Canadian Idol

Deal or no deal Canada

Wipeout Canada

CBF

Didn't we steal half of those shows from the Brits?