Jets Cut Sanchez / Git 'er dun?

Bronc24

In Buffalo: we have a top 10 defense, and couldn't make the playoffs and the story line is

"when will we have a quarterback??? how can this team win without a superstar quarterback???? we're doomed!!!!"

In New York: they had a top 10 quarterback, and made the conference title game in consecutive seasons, and the story line is:

"that defense was SICK. that defense carried the team. Sanchez didn't matter"

Can't have it both ways boys.

Sanchez's story is everything that's wrong with sports these days. 20 years ago he'd still be the starter in New York, and they'd surround him with wideouts and a running back. But because he's in NYC, that piece is overlooked, and 2.5 bad seasons later he's garbage.

People on this board still like FITZ for Gods sakes. How many times did Sanchez make Fitz look like a JV reject. Opening week 2012, for starters.

Would cut EJ right now and sign Sanchez if I was Whaley. My god, Sanchez never had the talent we have at wideout, much less running back. That arm?

Wait, I forgot "Butt fumble LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

He has eviscerated us. On numerous occasions. IN OUR HOUSE.

ALSO: Don't forget--Sanchez BEAT OUT geno last year as the starter, despite everyone in that organization waiting for him to fail. If it wasnt for Rex throwing him in the game with 4 minutes to go in the preseason and losing him for the season, he would have been the starter. So, considering we could have the better qb on the team who split with us last year using the worse of the two qbs? It's like signing a guaranteed win over the Jets--which would have given us a 4-2 division record right there.

Would Sanchez not have won the KC game? The Cleveland game? omg that first Patriots game???

How could I forget, my my my, how could I forget---DIDNT SANCHEZ GO INTO FOXBORO AND BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS??????????????????????????

we havent won in foxboro in what? 15 years????

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Precisely what I'm afraid of.

You want him too?

Is there anyone here who doesn't want him?

He would instantaneously be the best qb we've had since Bledsoe.

He is still young too, my god, he could be our qb for the next 10 years. This is ridiculous. Throw all the monies at him.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! :worthy: If you could somehow add the butt fumble to that clip, I will totally **** my pants!

ALSO: Don't forget--Sanchez BEAT OUT geno last year as the starter, despite everyone in that organization waiting for him to fail. If it wasnt for Rex throwing him in the game with 4 minutes to go in the preseason and losing him for the season, he would have been the starter. So, considering we could have the better qb on the team who split with us last year using the worse of the two qbs? It's like signing a guaranteed win over the Jets--which would have given us a 4-2 division record right there.

Would Sanchez not have won the KC game? The Cleveland game? omg that first Patriots game???

How could I forget, my my my, how could I forget---DIDNT SANCHEZ GO INTO FOXBORO AND BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN THE PLAYOFFS??????????????????????????

Tuel would have won that game if FJax22 had ran for a TD on two occasions on the goal line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuvz15OjCVc

Sanchez will get another chance to start somewhere. Change of scenery will do him good.

He would immediately be the best QB on our roster - but I am still saying NO (and secretly thinking "hell yeah!")

the only way sanchez starts again is when the teams first and second string QB's are injured.

sanchez sux.

When the Jets traded up to get him, I was ecstatic. With the right QB, the Jets roster at that time was poised to do significant damage. He was the critical mistake. I always think of the Jets at that time as a team that proved that you can do almost everything right in regards to personnel, but if you hitch your wagon to the wrong QB, all of that money, time, and energy are ultimately wasted. A thing of beauty! :beer:

The Bills won't pick him up, IMO, which is good for both sides. If Sanchez can land somewhere with a good QB friendly coach and scheme then he has a decent chance to salvage his career. I never thought the Jets under Ryan had a very creative offense.

When the Jets traded up to get him, I was ecstatic. With the right QB, the Jets roster at that time was poised to do significant damage. He was the critical mistake. I always think of the Jets at that time as a team that proved that you can do almost everything right in regards to personnel, but if you hitch your wagon to the wrong QB, all of that money, time, and energy are ultimately wasted. A thing of beauty! :beer:

lmao.

this is probably the worst post i've ever read on here.

he took that team to back to back conference championships in his first 2 years in the league.

if that defense was the reason that team made it as far as it did, then we should sign sanchez for the simple fact that EJ couldnt take a very good defense to anything more than a 6-10 record.

If you say that ej couldnt do more than that because he was injured all year, then we should sign sanchez because ej was injured all year, and might (likely will) be injured this year too.

or

if you say that maybe sanchez played a part in winning with those jets teams, then we should sign him, because, you know, he took them to back to back conference championship games, (including a win on the road against the patriots in the playoffs)... we havent beaten the pats on the road in that stadium since... actually, we've never beaten the pats in gillete. sanchez is 3-4 vs. the pats. you have to go back FOURTEEN YEARS to find 3 bills victories over the patriots.

either way you cut it, theres no viable reason to not bring sanchez in.

seriously. refute it any way you like, but your argument can be countered by any of the three counter-arguments i posted.

Edited by JohnnyGold

lmao.

he took that team to back to back conference championships in his first 2 years in the league.

if that defense was the reason that team made it as far as it did, then we should sign sanchez for the simple fact that EJ couldnt take a very good defense to anything more than a 6-10 record.

If you say that ej couldnt do more than that because he was injured all year, then we should sign sanchez because ej was injured all year, and might (likely will) be injured this year too.

or

if you say that maybe sanchez played a part in winning with those jets teams, then we should sign him, because, you know, he took them to back to back conference championship games, (including a win on the road against the patriots in the playoffs)... we havent beaten the pats on the road in that stadium since... actually, we've never beaten the pats in gillete. sanchez is 3-4 vs. the pats. you have to go back FOURTEEN YEARS to find 3 bills victories over the patriots.

seriously. refute it any way you like, but your argument can be countered by any of the three counter-arguments i posted.

He made the worst fumble in NFL history. Can't have that guy on our team. Even if he would be our best QB day 1 and a solid backup option. 2 AFC Championship games on one of the most dysfunctional teams ever. Na, don't want that guy. He wouldn't be any good on a team with actual WR's and RB's.

No reason to worry. Our GM said a week ago he's happy with the QBs on the roster. No reason to worry mang!

Sanchez or not, I AM WORRIED if Whaley is actually happy having Tuel as a backup and not having a veteran in the QB stable at all.

lmao.

or

Your limited credibility was shattered the minute you said that was the worst post you've ever read here. You've posted at least three that were worse in this thread alone.