Jets Cut Sanchez / Git 'er dun?

Bronc24

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo was a top 10 Defense Last year??? I loved those 3rd and Forever that were miraculously completed for first downs. I loved the tight Defense against Blount. I love Stats, but to say the Bills had a top 10 defense last year is full of sh.it!

You only closely study your own team and see the worst. The Seahawks let Mike James amass 158 yards; does that prove they are not a top defense? I hate to give you hopeful news, but in the second half the Bills D was near the top, and this is with the offense putting them on the field more than the average team. They have flaws, but they were a top 10 defense last year, and even with the loss of Byrd, they are on the rise.

In Buffalo: we have a top 10 defense, and couldn't make the playoffs and the story line is

"when will we have a quarterback??? how can this team win without a superstar quarterback???? we're doomed!!!!"

In New York: they had a top 10 quarterback, and made the conference title game in consecutive seasons, and the story line is:

"that defense was SICK. that defense carried the team. Sanchez didn't matter"

Can't have it both ways boys.

Sanchez's story is everything that's wrong with sports these days. 20 years ago he'd still be the starter in New York, and they'd surround him with wideouts and a running back. But because he's in NYC, that piece is overlooked, and 2.5 bad seasons later he's garbage.

People on this board still like FITZ for Gods sakes. How many times did Sanchez make Fitz look like a JV reject. Opening week 2012, for starters.

Would cut EJ right now and sign Sanchez if I was Whaley. My god, Sanchez never had the talent we have at wideout, much less running back. That arm?

Wait, I forgot "Butt fumble LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

He has eviscerated us. On numerous occasions. IN OUR HOUSE.

Wait, Buffalo has a Top-10 Defense? Sanchez was a Top-10 QB? What are you talking about? If you sub bottom for top, then you might be onto something.

You only closely study your own team and see the worst. The Seahawks let Mike James amass 158 yards; does that prove they are not a top defense? I hate to give you hopeful news, but in the second half the Bills D was near the top, and this is with the offense putting them on the field more than the average team. They have flaws, but they were a top 10 defense last year, and even with the loss of Byrd, they are on the rise.

Again, what are you talking about? The Bills defense was good at turning the ball over, that's the only metric it was top-10. The second half of the schedule was the easy half as well. So you can't pick and choose what weeks you like and then call them a premier defense.

They were better, for sure. I think they are headed in the right direction, but they were nothing approaching a top-10 defense last year.

A team with 3 unproven QBs on the roster. What's sad about all the hate for this guy is that he would, unarguably, be the best QB on our roster immediately.

Unarguably? So...the 6 pages worth of argument against it are...?

You're right about one thing, though. Sanchez is certainly more proven than any QB on our roster. Prove to be inconsistent, unreliable and downright detrimental to his team.

Unarguably? So...the 6 pages worth of argument against it are...?

You're right about one thing, though. Sanchez is certainly more proven than any QB on our roster. Prove to be inconsistent, unreliable and downright detrimental to his team.

Exactly. If the Jets thought he would be of any productive use as either competition for, or a mentor to Geno, he would still be there. We have seen the best that Sanchez has to offer and it is not very good. He would be a major distraction - not a help in any way.

A team with 3 unproven QBs on the roster. What's sad about all the hate for this guy is that he would, unarguably, be the best QB on our roster immediately.

Is that how you would improve this team? Bring in Sanchez?

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Ha, nice.

Exactly. If the Jets thought he would be of any productive use as either competition for, or a mentor to Geno, he would still be there. We have seen the best that Sanchez has to offer and it is not very good. He would be a major distraction - not a help in any way.

I remember thinking at the time "Jeebus, this guy has only played in like 17 college games? They must know something nobody else does to trade up and grab this guy so early." Well, my hunch was right. He was ill-prepared for the big time, and it just never clicked.

Well done.

He still has more upside than most all backups out there. He has won 4 road playoff games with a 94 QB rating in 6 road playoff games.

He easily is better than Thad Lewis and Tuel, and has way more upside still.

Your opinion and many here disagree. How long ago did the Jets win those playoff games? And if he has more upside why has he gotten worse and not better over the years? And you're saying he's better than Tuel? an undrafted mostly practice squad player? I certainly hope so.

He still has more upside than most all backups out there. He has won 4 road playoff games with a 94 QB rating in 6 road playoff games.

I forgot how good he was at defense.

Also, two fumbles in his last playoff game, and in two of those wins he completed 12 passes each. He really was not asked to do much. Granted, he was a rookie then. Which is why you look at the body of work (which shows zero playoff appearances, much less wins, since the 2010 season). The body of work shows steep and terrific decline and a lack of adjustments. The dude is complacent and thinks he's earned his shot, which couldn't be further from the truth. The great QBs never stop working.

I forgot how good he was at defense.

Also, two fumbles in his last playoff game, and in two of those wins he completed 12 passes each. He really was not asked to do much. Granted, he was a rookie then. Which is why you look at the body of work (which shows zero playoff appearances, much less wins, since the 2010 season). The body of work shows steep and terrific decline and a lack of adjustments. The dude is complacent and thinks he's earned his shot, which couldn't be further from the truth. The great QBs never stop working.

Ha.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SancMa00/gamelog/post/

Look at his stats, all on the road. I would love if EJ only had to throw the ball that many times. His body of work declined when the whole team as a whole declined. THe Jets could not run the ball anymore, could not stop the run, they had no WRs at all that were any good, a TE who got hurt, an OL who stunk other than Mangold, and you want Sanchez to throw it 40 times? Good luck. There is nothing to suggest he does not work hard at Jets practices, that is a complete fabrication of the truth, he did not pull a Leinart, this guy works hard.

He is not great, he is clearly better than Thad Lewis and Tuel though. He is by far better than Ryan Fitzpatrick too.

Again, the sad thing is....he would win outright if there were a 4-way competition in Bills camp. It's less a statement about wanting him here and more a statement about our QB situation. We got exposed last year, cost us 3 games ARGUABLY, and we were left with question marks with our 1st round draft pick/franchise hopeful.

We brought Kolb in last year...people were fine with that as a veteran presence...is Kolb better?

He would also be the most post-season experienced member of our offense. Cannot deny 2 AFC Championship appearances...D or no D.

You can say Sanchez was not the reason why they won those playoff games, but it cannot be denied he played well, it is a flat out lie to say otherwise. A young QB going 4-2, all on the road, with 9 TDs and 3 INTs and a 94 QB rating.