Raiders get Matt Schaub in trade

papazoid

I don't think this changes much about how the Raiders potentially change the landscape of the draft for the Bills. My hope is for as many QB's to be taken before out pick as possible to give the Bills as many options as possible. In saying that I still think they could take a QB, Watkins, Mack, or a Tackle which is what I'd expect them to look at even prior to Schaub.

I'd imagine he's going to start for them. Why would they trade for him and pay him $14mil just to compete? Seems like they'd rather draft a QB after the 1st and let him sit and develop for a year behind Schaub who could get cut after next season when his dead money cap hit isn't nearly as much.

I'd imagine he's going to start for them. Why would they trade for him and pay him $14mil just to compete? Seems like they'd rather draft a QB after the 1st and let him sit and develop for a year behind Schaub who could get cut after next season when his dead money cap hit isn't nearly as much.

I think it's also possible that drafting a QB in the 1st round could work out the same in the scenario you describe. Most feel these guys are projects. If I was a fan of a team looking to draft a QB this is the scenario I'd like to see with this years crop, again including the first round projected QB's.

I don't think this changes much about how the Raiders potentially change the landscape of the draft for the Bills. My hope is for as many QB's to be taken before out pick as possible to give the Bills as many options as possible. In saying that I still think they could take a QB, Watkins, Mack, or a Tackle which is what I'd expect them to look at even prior to Schaub.

prior to schaub, I was pretty certain Oakland would take a QB.

now I say BPA.

Agree with Bangarang. They will not draft a QB. If Houston passes on a QB one of the 3 top QB may fall to 9. Excellent trade down possibility. At

assuming Cleveland goes BPA at #4.

would you trade bills #9 [1350] for clevelands 1st #26 [700], 2nd #35 [550] and 3rd #71 [235] ??

assuming Cleveland goes BPA at #4.

would you trade bills #9 [1350] for clevelands 1st #26 [700], 2nd #35 [550] and 3rd #71 [235] ??

Not sure why it matters whether Cleveland goes "BPA" at 4 (despite their protestations, I don't think any team drafts "BPA" without regard to positional needs and relative positional values), but the answer to your question is "yes, in a heartbeat." This is a very deep draft and turning one pick into three picks in the top 71 would be huge. And, at any rate, the Bills have not demonstrated that they have the ability to identify elite players even in very deep drafts (see, 2011, for example).

Edited by mannc