Raiders get Matt Schaub in trade

papazoid

Agree with Bangarang. They will not draft a QB. If Houston passes on a QB one of the 3 top QB may fall to 9. Excellent trade down possibility. At

Raiders always go for BAA or Best

Athlete Available. Could be Clowney.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

I'd imagine he's going to start for them. Why would they trade for him and pay him $14mil just to compete? Seems like they'd rather draft a QB after the 1st and let him sit and develop for a year behind Schaub who could get cut after next season when his dead money cap hit isn't nearly as much.

This could end up being a good deal for both sides. Houston feels he's worn out his welcome in Houston and gets out of that huge contract. Oakland gets what they think is a plug and play QB and now take the #1 WR in the draft.

We'll see.

They still need a GOOD QB.

Schaub had a bad season last year, but judging by the numbers he's actually a pretty good starting qb. Prior to last season, he had five straight seasons with a 90+ rating. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SchaMa00.htm

The Bills haven't had a starting qb (ie, threw for 1000 yards) have a 90+ rating since 1991 -- which, when you think about it, is both remarkable and a stinging indictment of the franchise.

Edited by dave mcbride

and the 11 mil salary & bonus due in 2014 alone.

if they had waited, they could have saved a bunch of money as Houston probably would have cut him.

True but the raiders were 60 mil under the cap when the offseason began. they have the money

Schaub had a bad season last year, but judging by the numbers he's actually a pretty good starting qb. Prior to last season, he had five straight seasons with a 90+ rating. http://www.pro-footb.../S/SchaMa00.htm

The Bills haven't had a starting qb (ie, threw for 1000 yards) have a 90+ rating since 1991 -- which, when you think about it, is both remarkable and a stinging indictment of the franchise.

Schaub is one of those QBs that's good enough to get you to the playoffs, but not the Super Bowl. I think that's what the Raiders need right now. A solid veteran who can help them right the ship while they groom a young gun.

Schaub is one of those QBs that's good enough to get you to the playoffs, but not the Super Bowl. I think that's what the Raiders need right now. A solid veteran who can help them right the ship while they groom a young gun.

I agree with you, but at this point, I'll take that.