If Aaron Donald is there at 9...

And the Bills don't take him they will regret it. Spare me with all the talk that it is not a need position. Draft dynamic football players that can be game changers. The kid fits the bill. Elite production at a big time college program. He holds the record for tackles for loss in a season. Add an off the charts athlete and you have the makings a big time d tackle. I mean he is 285 pounds and ran a 4.65. Are you fing kidding me. That is insane for a man that size. All I could do is hope...

Edited by UCLA Bills Fan

Well, since the combine, I have consistently seen Donald projected as a top 20 pick,. Seems strange that he would be downgraded for lack of strength when he did 35 reps on the bench. And what does "good foot athlete" mean? That might be the single most ridiculous term I have ever read in a scouting report; even sillier than "slow eyes".

It is...He's a very good prospect...

That being said, despite the fact that it's not a need in Buffalo, I might be a little more interested in Donald in a normal Draft...But what the OP is forgetting is that this Draft is absolutely loaded at the top with potentially dynamic players at many different positions...In a normal year a guy like Donald would stand out more despite the fact that he's a bit of a tweener...But this year the Bills can have their cake and eat it too...They can get a premium prospect at a need position...And as good as Donald is, he's a 4-3 DT...A one-gap maniac...I bet Lovie Smith absolutely drools when he watches Donald because he's a perfect fit for Lovie's D...He's a 290 lb version of Sapp...Super quick up the field...The Bills have not one, but two guys who already do the same thing really well...

Anyway...I'm pretty much fundamentally against stockpiling talent at one position...To me it's just not team building...In this case it would be DT building...But that's just my philosophy...I realize others see it differently... B-)

It's prob a NO, but if you were to tell me he's the next Warren Sapp or even Sheldon Richardson, I don't know how you ignore it. Lately, I'm swayed by those arguing for a playmaker on offense and going with beef in 2 and 3.

Think we already have players like him. I don't think think picking this kid at 9 overall is worth it. Too much talent in this draft. I see this kid sliding to the 2nd and maybe even 3rd round. This is not a position of need and we seem to have good depth. LB, WR, TE, or T for me with our first.

Think we already have players like him. I don't think think picking this kid at 9 overall is worth it. Too much talent in this draft. I see this kid sliding to the 2nd and maybe even 3rd round. This is not a position of need and we seem to have good depth. LB, WR, TE, or T for me with our first.

Donald is probably a top 15-20 pick minimum...He's a good prospect in a Draft full of very good prospects at the top...

But I do agree the Bills should look elsewhere... B-)

He is a great player that will most likely be drafted in the first 20-25 picks. If we draft defensive line I think it would be a defensive end. If we run a 4-3 who is the DE opposite Mario. Doesn't seem like a strong 4-3 DE draft though.

And the Bills don't take him they will regret it. Spare me with all the talk that it is not a need position. Draft dynamic football players that can be game changers. The kid fits the bill. Elite production at a big time college program. He holds the record for tackles for loss in a season. Add an off the charts athlete and you have the makings a big time d tackle. I mean he is 285 pounds and ran a 4.65. Are you fing kidding me. That is insane for a man that size. All I could do is hope...

Love Aaron Donald, kid is a stud, would be stoked if we got him, would fit in our system, Marcell could leaving after his contract expires if we draft Donald.

Can he line up at FS or WR?

Absolutely :thumbsup: