Steelers won't lose draft pick for Mike Tomlin's gaffe

papazoid

The NFL doesn't truly punish the "elite" franchises for cheating. Even when they do it's peanuts for what the actual infractions were. I'd take a SB win or two for an asterisk and/or a loss of a draft pic. Ridiculous.

The NFL doesn't truly punish the "elite" franchises for cheating. Even when they do it's peanuts for what the actual infractions were. I'd take a SB win or two for an asterisk and/or a loss of a draft pic. Ridiculous.

You would have them put an asterisk next to SB wins for something that happened this season? Crazy.

Anyway, how could anyone think they would actually take a way a draft pick for this? This outcome was totally predictable.

At the end of the day, he got a healthy fine of $100K. I would say that if there's a repeat incident that then you start looking at taking draft picks away and penalizing further. Intent was also not clear. To me it appeared to a degree that he wasn't paying attention to where he was, and the fact that he crossed onto the field. I say make all coaches where shock collars. If they cross the line, they get zapped back.

so a coach who makes 5.75 million and is absolutely desperate to get a win, be willing to accept a 100,000 fine for entering the field of play and effecting/preventing a touchdown.

I don't think that's much of a deterrent.