Taylor Lewan Charged With Assault?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.buffalo...lleged-assault/

interesting. could drop to us in the 2nd round??

If we got him in the 2nd I'd do back flips (which I've never done).

However from that article I doubt he drops at all.

I wouldn't take Lewan as an undrafted player let alone using a draft pick on him.

:worthy::lol::doh:

If we were just talking a scrap with some OSU fans, I'd pick him in a heartbeat and give him a medal. THE most obnoxious fans in college sports. If we're discussing on campus issues and verbal threats to a young girl, whole different issue and potential deal breaker for me....Let's not mix the two and allow for due process.

I was thinking he would be their pick, solely on the fact that both Chris Brown and John Murphy bring his name up near every time they talk about the Bills draft. I know people think they are paid Bills cheerleaders (and they are to a degree) but I think they (Brown especially) are privy to a lot more info than they can present sometimes...Brown was all over the EJ pick last year, when I didn't really hear anybody else mentioning him as the Bills first pick. That being the case, as I stated earlier, I found it curious that the story was reported on the Bills official web-site. That tells me they are no longer interested in him...if they were, why wouldn't they just ignore the story until they couldn't any more?
That is exactly why I'm nervous. I've noticed over the last few years that BB.com tends to tip its hand towards what players the Bills are definitely interested in by posting articles, almost to serve as feelers to get the fans ready for the move. They've been mentioning Lewan A LOT lately and next to nothing on the other OT prospects (Robinson, Matthews).
:sick:
Yeah, I get the sense too. But, in this case, they are posting a negative story about him...so I am thinking they are backing off the idea.

Just had a bit of a scroll back through Chris Browns articles from 2012 and 2013 pre draft. As far as him tipping his hat, it may be a possibility. But saying that, this time last year and in 2012, he was all over the board with where he thought the Bills would go.

In 2012 he looked mostly at OT and there were a 2 articles on Gilmore, one was after his visit, which he did with every player, and one was right before the draft he quoted a scout about Gilmore.

Last year, again he was all over the place at this time last year. After Manuel visited he wrote an arcticle, much like he did with most pre draft visits. As the draft approached he did jump on the Manuel train. Much more than he did the previous year with Gilmore.

Saying all that, if the Bills are going to tip there hat via CB, I think it'll be much much closer to the draft. Even then it might be hindsight that makes us as fans think he is saying something because he writes a lot of articles on different players.

Theres always 2 sides to every story , if the other guy was a punk he may have deserved what ever they are alleging he got .

There are two sides, I agree, but he ended up being charged. Whatever the fans said, he showed poor judgment by how he reacted. I'll give him some benefit of the doubt that he was a college kid, but you need to understand your surroundings and that you are about to enter into one of the most important part of your life with the draft yet you do something stupid. Poor judgment off the field is a red flag. So while I don't think that alone makes him a "poor" prospect, it is certainly a red flag that could make him drop, if not out of the 1st round, out of the top 10.

He also instigated a pre-game fight with OSU players (he was shown on Big 10 network in the tunnel going right up to Dontre Wilson) that lead to an in-game fight (UM players appeared to surround Dontre after the kickoff return in an odd, choreographed fashion) which led to multiple penalties, ejections and a suspension for players on both sides. He is a senior and was involved in arranging to go after a true freshman OSU player. Just kind of bush-league, IMO. After the game, he was quoted...

“It’s a rivalry game. Stuff’s going to happen,” senior tackle Taylor Lewan said. “There’s going to be punches thrown. It’s not necessary, but we don’t like each other, so stuff’s going to happen.”

http://buckeyextra.d...l-notebook.html

He also had a high profile unsportsmanlike conduct against MSU. Both losses. I wonder how he acts when they win?

Edited by YoloinOhio

I am at U of M and my son knows Taylor. He is a team leader who is respected in the locker room and very well liked on campus. He is a good kid and a good friend who always has his friends' backs and will stand up for his friend or teammate in any conflict (regardless of whether his friend is in the right or in the wrong). He plays with passion and a nastiness that you want on the field. He has right tackle mentality and physicality and a left tackle athleticism. He can play either side and if on the right would allow the tight-end to split out wide since he could be left on an island to pass block.

The "assault" is a non-issue. It involved a Ohio State fan who hung out on the U of M campus after the Ohio State win. He was drunk and obnoxius and really had no business being there. (There is no way that I would hang around Columbus if U of M won there...it's asking for trouble). The altercation involved a U of M fan and the OSU guy. Lewan may have intervened to end the altercation but may have done so in a way that favored the U of M fan. The police wanted nothing to do with it. It is coming out now because the guy went to the media to create trouble.

Performance on the field is not an issue. Taylor had a good year. U of M didn't...the Offensive Coordinator (now gone) was terrible and the offense was disorganized. Lewan did his best under the circumstances.

In short, if Lewan is there at 9 and the Bills don't trade back and don't take him, it would be a huge mistake.

I am at U of M and my son knows Taylor. He is a team leader who is respected in the locker room and very well liked on campus. He is a good kid and a good friend who always has his friends' backs and will stand up for his friend or teammate in any conflict (regardless of whether his friend is in the right or in the wrong). He plays with passion and a nastiness that you want on the field. He has right tackle mentality and physicality and a left tackle athleticism. He can play either side and if on the right would allow the tight-end to split out wide since he could be left on an island to pass block.

The "assault" is a non-issue. It involved a Ohio State fan who hung out on the U of M campus after the Ohio State win. He was drunk and obnoxius and really had no business being there. (There is no way that I would hang around Columbus if U of M won there...it's asking for trouble). The altercation involved a U of M fan and the OSU guy. Lewan may have intervened to end the altercation but may have done so in a way that favored the U of M fan. The police wanted nothing to do with it. It is coming out now because the guy went to the media to create trouble.

Performance on the field is not an issue. Taylor had a good year. U of M didn't...the Offensive Coordinator (now gone) was terrible and the offense was disorganized. Lewan did his best under the circumstances.

In short, if Lewan is there at 9 and the Bills don't trade back and don't take him, it would be a huge mistake.

Hi Taylor. Welcome to our forum!

• 1 month later...

This whole assault thing is nothing more than Ohio State vs Michigan banter designed 2 inflict a black eye on a Michigan player. It has no merit what so ever. Lewan is a top 15 pick.

I am sure the "fight" had more to do with what Lewan did at the beginning of the game and the OSU fan let him hear about it.