Taylor Lewan Charged With Assault?

Performance on the field is not an issue. Taylor had a good year. U of M didn't...the Offensive Coordinator (now gone) was terrible and the offense was disorganized. Lewan did his best under the circumstances.

Well if that's the case then I doubt he will look much different in our offense.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if he is a good player with a bit of a mean streak on the field, i like that. if he is a good player but an absolute headcase, i don't like that at all. i am sure that the bills have done their due diligence here, and hopefully have a good idea of which category he falls into. if this is a guy that is going to go all out and try to dominate his man, finish his blocks, and put bodies in the dirt, then i won't be upset if he is the pick. even if there are other guys on the board i would rather have.

I am at U of M and my son knows Taylor. He is a team leader who is respected in the locker room and very well liked on campus. He is a good kid and a good friend who always has his friends' backs and will stand up for his friend or teammate in any conflict (regardless of whether his friend is in the right or in the wrong). He plays with passion and a nastiness that you want on the field. He has right tackle mentality and physicality and a left tackle athleticism. He can play either side and if on the right would allow the tight-end to split out wide since he could be left on an island to pass block.

The "assault" is a non-issue. It involved a Ohio State fan who hung out on the U of M campus after the Ohio State win. He was drunk and obnoxius and really had no business being there. (There is no way that I would hang around Columbus if U of M won there...it's asking for trouble). The altercation involved a U of M fan and the OSU guy. Lewan may have intervened to end the altercation but may have done so in a way that favored the U of M fan. The police wanted nothing to do with it. It is coming out now because the guy went to the media to create trouble.

Performance on the field is not an issue. Taylor had a good year. U of M didn't...the Offensive Coordinator (now gone) was terrible and the offense was disorganized. Lewan did his best under the circumstances.

In short, if Lewan is there at 9 and the Bills don't trade back and don't take him, it would be a huge mistake.

This didnt help Taylor on these boards....just sayin....wreaks of bias

And I actually WANTED them to draft Lewan in the 1st.

I am at U of M and my son knows Taylor. He is a team leader who is respected in the locker room and very well liked on campus. He is a good kid and a good friend who always has his friends' backs and will stand up for his friend or teammate in any conflict (regardless of whether his friend is in the right or in the wrong). He plays with passion and a nastiness that you want on the field. He has right tackle mentality and physicality and a left tackle athleticism. He can play either side and if on the right would allow the tight-end to split out wide since he could be left on an island to pass block.

The "assault" is a non-issue. It involved a Ohio State fan who hung out on the U of M campus after the Ohio State win. He was drunk and obnoxius and really had no business being there. (There is no way that I would hang around Columbus if U of M won there...it's asking for trouble). The altercation involved a U of M fan and the OSU guy. Lewan may have intervened to end the altercation but may have done so in a way that favored the U of M fan. The police wanted nothing to do with it. It is coming out now because the guy went to the media to create trouble.

In short, if Lewan is there at 9 and the Bills don't trade back and don't take him, it would be a huge mistake.

To be fair, it's coming out now because he was charged with 3 counts of assault...I'm a Michigan fan and believe me when I tell you I have no interest in hurting Lewan or taking the other side...But you're right...The Ann Arbor police wanted nothing to do with charging Lewan...Then it was investigated further and he was charged with assault (2 charges) and aggravated assault (one charge)...I've read just about everything you can possibly imagine concerning the incident...And all I can say is there are two very, very different accounts of what actually happened...Not saying which one is accurate...Just saying... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS