223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would take Evans all day. He's taller at 6'5 compared to Ebron at 6'4. He's got a better vertical and posted a better average 40 time at the combine (4.53 compared to 4.60). I guess when it comes right down to it, Ebron is not prototypical size for today's tight ends. He's somewhat of a tweener. I would rather them draft the upside of Evans in the first round and then turn around and grab someone like Troy Niklas in the second.

Oh yes indeed . that would be fantastical .

I wish !

if the bills pass on evans for ebron, lewan, or barr it will go down a their biggest mistake since aaron maybin

No No No . It would be a mistake without a doubt.

But certainly does not compare to Maybin . That record will stand for quite awhile !

I hope anyways

Here's an interesting article based on the alleged opinions of three of the NFL's top talent evaluators who believe that this year's TE class is weak (the top two TEs, Ebron and ASJ, are overrated pains in the ass and number three, Amaro, is nothing more than a "glorified possession slot receiver"). The sources claim that the WR class is deep and consequently would be the better value--didn't see the link in this thread but I do think it was elsewhere on TSW--should be here too.

http://www.nj.com/ti..._nfl_draft.html

Makes me wonder if we might not want to go OL in the first, take a WR in the second from that deep talent pool and pass on the TEs altogether. Worst case scenario for the TE position next year is that Moeaki and Gragg don't pan out and we "only" have a "serviceable" TE in Chandler who should have a better year with SJ, Woods and Goodwin improving and our newly drafted WR providing some occasional contributions (historically speaking most 1st year WRs are not impact players). And for the record, I was preciously gung-ho for a trade-down and taking Ebron. This article makes me wonder (if the article's sources are indeed top personnel folks it has more credibility than some blog from a nobody or an article from a wannabe NFL exec).

good post .

Not sure how Bills feel about Moaeki or Gragg . Smith is a known quantity and Chandler should be steady .

And if i was an opposing team scouting Bills and how they will use the TE position i bet i would have no clue . I hope the Bills do .

if the bills pass on evans for ebron, lewan, or barr it will go down a their biggest mistake since aaron maybin

I was thinking tackle if Matthews is there but Im starting to swing towards Evans. Very hard to find 6'5" 230 lb receivers who can run. We can get a tackle in the second or third as its a deep tackle class. Evans could be huge in the read zone.

Ebron's stock has fallen quite a bit with a number of GM's. The knocks have been that he has inconsistent hands (noted numerous end zone drops), and that he won't block. Yeah, I'm lazy when using my tablet, sorry no loinkss, but read, just read, and the more you read the less Ebron seems like any answer. In fact the entire TE class hass been said to be sub-par.

Also, ass it's already been said, we already have Gragg. No need for Ebron. I personally like building the OL, and possibly Evans if they go for a skills position.

This just tweeted from PFF...

Pro Football Focus@PFF 6m

Most yards gained on "go" routes: Alshon Jeffery, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Jimmy Graham, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall

See anything in common? Only one of those receivers (Nelson who is 6-2 5/8) is shorter than 6-3...

Just saying...That's why a player like Evans is in such demand... B-)

This just tweeted from PFF...

Pro Football Focus@PFF 6m

Most yards gained on "go" routes: Alshon Jeffery, AJ Green, Demaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Jimmy Graham, Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall

See anything in common? Only one of those receivers (Nelson who is 6-2 5/8) is shorter than 6-3...

Just saying...That's why a player like Evans is in such demand... B-)

Which is why hes not making it past Tampa.

I think a poll of which offensive tackle would be more appropriate.

Not really, as we are in need of a RT which is 2nd round to 5th round stuff. With regards to a WR, bleh, we need immediate production, first year WR's hardly ever produce much like first year QBs.

The difference betweenThe difference between right tackle and left tackle is overstated, and many a left tackle has apprenticed in the right tackle role. Offensive linemen get hurt and if there is an area that needs a depth of quality players, its the o-line. In this year's drafts there are three blue chippers available in the top ten and one should fall to us. In fact however there are a few pretty good tackles in round 2. If I were Marrone and I wanted to coach in buffalo beyond next year I'd get the best player available in the area that needs the player the most......that is OT in pretty much any analysis. We have gotten a linebacker and a WR. Then again, I might be all wet because we have not yet, as far as Iknow, interviewed OT candidates which makes me wonder which way the wind is blowing on that first pick.

What don't you like about Vernon Davis?

The fact that he has a reputation round the league as being soft! Numerous players around the league stated that when hit hard he wouldn't go, let alone, catch ANYTHING across the middle.

The difference betweenThe difference between right tackle and left tackle is overstated, and many a left tackle has apprenticed in the right tackle role. Offensive linemen get hurt and if there is an area that needs a depth of quality players, its the o-line. In this year's drafts there are three blue chippers available in the top ten and one should fall to us. In fact however there are a few pretty good tackles in round 2. If I were Marrone and I wanted to coach in buffalo beyond next year I'd get the best player available in the area that needs the player the most......that is OT in pretty much any analysis. We have gotten a linebacker and a WR. Then again, I might be all wet because we have not yet, as far as Iknow, interviewed OT candidates which makes me wonder which way the wind is blowing on that first pick.

Especially if you want to exploit Spiller's talent. Help is needed on that right side immediately.

The fact that he has a reputation round the league as being soft! Numerous players around the league stated that when hit hard he wouldn't go, let alone, catch ANYTHING across the middle.

Especially if you want to exploit Spiller's talent. Help is needed on that right side immediately.

So is Gronk tough? Because since his rookie year, Davis has missed 3 games in his career. Gronk has missed 14 games the last 2 years.