Evans or Ebron?

e vs e  

223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

easy there guy.

I simply agreed with a poster that Evans REMINDS ME of Hardy.

It's funny how you always turn everything into a fight and of course your opinion is the only right one.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched ebrons combine, hes as fast as evans but about 10+ pounds more muscle, ill take ebron and an extra pick all day now. hes gonna be like gates was imo.

I mean id rather have ebron and a 2nd round right tackle than say just Lewan, or just Evans. its not even close. and what has gragg or moeki ever shown?

Edited by enlightener

For me, it all depends on who will be available in round #2...but, I would either go...

Eric Ebron in the 1st round, and Kelvin Benjamin in the 2nd round...or...Mike Evans in the 1st round, and Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd round.

One of those two scenarios is my perfect 2014 NFL draft for the Buffalo Bills...I don't even care what happens after the first two rounds, if this happens.

ebron and Zach martin/Kouandjio

or

lewan and jace amaro/ austin-seferian-jenkins

I think A S-J not being cleared for the Combine has hurt his draft stock, and I like a good deal.

If ASJ is there in the 2nd you take him.

Evans/ASJ is a bonerville draft scenario.

I also think Jace Amaro is going to be a solid Pro, not a game dominator but a dependable chain mover.

just watched ebrons combine, hes as fast as evans but about 10+ pounds more muscle, ill take ebron and an extra pick all day now. hes gonna be like gates was imo.

I mean id rather have ebron and a 2nd round right tackle than say just Lewan, or just Evans. its not even close. and what has gragg or moeki ever shown?

Yeah I agree if you can get the trade back in 2014 you take. I think given the depth in the 2014 draft prospects its going to be hard to find a trade partner but if you get the call you go for it and pick up some extra Top 50 picks.

The question is, is Ebron, Benjamin (who I think will be gone in the 1st) and Kouandjio > Evans/ASJ? Its hard to argue against the trade down.

I'll take this any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Maybe a trade down, Ebron at somewhere around 12-15. Extra draft pick in the 2nd round. Take Benjamin in the 2nd. Then spend the rest of the draft picking up OL and LB. That would be a perfect draft for me. Maybe spend a 4th on the RB from BC.

Edited by mrags

I think A S-J not being cleared for the Combine has hurt his draft stock, and I like a good deal.

If ASJ is there in the 2nd you take him.

Evans/ASJ is a bonerville draft scenario.

I also think Jace Amaro is going to be a solid Pro, not a game dominator but a dependable chain mover.

Yeah I agree if you can get the trade back in 2014 you take. I think given the depth in the 2014 draft prospects its going to be hard to find a trade partner but if you get the call you go for it and pick up some extra Top 50 picks.

The question is, is Ebron, Benjamin (who I think will be gone in the 1st) and Kouandjio > Evans/ASJ? Its hard to argue against the trade down.

Amaro is a really interesting prospect...I mean...How many 6-5-260 TE's have 106 receptions in one College season? That's nuts! I realize Amaro was not a traditional TE at Tech, and they rarely asked him to block...I also realize he's not going blow by anyone with his 4.68 (Pro Day) speed...But he gets open, and obviously catches the ball when it's thrown to him...I think Amaro is kind of the poor mans Eric Ebron in this Draft...Not quite as fast, not quite as athletic as Ebron...But a slot TE-type who's got a big body and can create some match-up issues for Defenses...I think Amaro is an option at #41 if the Bills don't Draft Ebron in the 1st...I don't see why Amaro can't be a real nice piece to a complete Offense...I think he'll contribute... B-)

Amaro is a really interesting prospect...I mean...How many 6-5-260 TE's have 106 receptions in one College season? That's nuts! I realize Amaro was not a traditional TE at Tech, and they rarely asked him to block...I also realize he's not going blow by anyone with his 4.68 (Pro Day) speed...But he gets open, and obviously catches the ball when it's thrown to him...I think Amaro is kind of the poor mans Eric Ebron in this Draft...Not quite as fast, not quite as athletic as Ebron...But a slot TE-type who's got a big body and can create some match-up issues for Defenses...I think Amaro is an option at #41 if the Bills don't Draft Ebron in the 1st...I don't see why Amaro can't be a real nice piece to a complete Offense...I think he'll contribute... B-)

Jace actually beat Ebron in some of the underwear Olympics events.

So I don't think he is a poor man's Ebron. Amaro is actually a pretty athletic dude himself. He just doesn't have the top gear that Ebron has.

Another reason when you look at Ebron, ASJ, Amaro, Niklaus I just don't see Ebron as head shoulders better. Ebron is faster and has good hands. Ebron body catches a lot. Ebron doesn't have a Graham ceiling IMO he reminds me of a slightly smaller Jermaine Gresham. Which is a good thing. Just not a #9 overall good thing.

Amaro may end up being the more productive NFL receiver, a 100 catch chain mover like Witten or Clark.

Either way the TEs in the 2014 NFL draft are extremely deep and the Bills need to grab one, maybe two.

we have a guy like that now who also rarely is asked to block, SJ

IMO I dont see anything that makes Evans that great.......i could be wrong but he seems stiff with avg ability esp to be draft that high in the draft. Is Ebron the answer that high probably not......Id rather see us trade back and pick up a extra second and get a guy like M. Bryant in the second round he seems to have more upside IMO. Realistically I don't see it coming down to those to on draft day...it will be a OT, its not the sexy pick but it all starts up front in the trenches.

Why on earth would we resign Chandler if we are targeting Ebron? It's a non-discussion initiated by wishful thinkers.

wow I don't know, maybe we get Watkins or robinson and still need a TE????, I remember taking spiller when we had lynch and fred on the team, your post ignores a common practice every year in the nfl.. ebron in this draft is not guaranteed so chandler is called.....insurance.

IMO I dont see anything that makes Evans that great.......i could be wrong but he seems stiff with avg ability esp to be draft that high in the draft. Is Ebron the answer that high probably not......Id rather see us trade back and pick up a extra second and get a guy like M. Bryant in the second round he seems to have more upside IMO. Realistically I don't see it coming down to those to on draft day...it will be a OT, its not the sexy pick but it all starts up front in the trenches.

Nice post. Excellent work. This is more like it.

Now I agree on film I struggled to tell if Evans was actually big and fast or is he playing against little slow DBs.

He runs effortlessly but on film he beats his coverage and doesn't look like he is moving fast.

That's where the combine numbers help out and put the film into context in my opinion. He is 6'5" 231 and runs 5.53 40 with 37" vertical. He caught almost 2500 yards in two years. Btw he is only 20 years old.

If you don't think it's special you're welcome to that opinion. I for one don't see WR prospects with this much potential and track record that often. I believe NFL GMs are going to be coveting this guy on draft day.

So you would rather have a raw project (Bryant) who has benefited from being on e field with 2 dynamic WRs (Hopkins, Watkins) than a team's dominating #1 threat? Hmm.

Also I want to clear something up re: Evans and Benjamin. If Evans looked "stiff" in his drills than Kelvin Benjamin is a walking G.D. 2x4. I have never seen a soon-to-be professional athlete look so awkward when running.

No offense...But where does this "stiff" stuff come from with Evans...I watched every drill he did at the Combine...at least every drill they televised...and that kid looked smooth enough to me...Seems to have pretty nice body control for a 6-5 WR...He ran that WR gauntlet at the Combine like he owned it...Granted this is just to my untrained eye...But I was very impressed when I watched him live at Indy...

And Bryant has more upside? More upside than a 20 year old 6-5 WR who had 2500 yds and 17 TD's in only 2 years in the SEC? :huh:

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/NFL-Combine-WR-Mike-Evans/80384a32-0b0c-43e0-af4a-774df3db0065

Since we are throwing out random players that Evans could be (HArdy). Why cant the o-lineman be like Robet Gallery?

Starting O-lineman can be had in this draft up until the third rd is what i have read/heard from teh experts. Why not draft playmakers in rd1-2 and get the RT in rd 3?

The Bills have a desperate need for a massive target on the outside. Evans is that target.

I think many Bills fans voting for Evans (the voting majority so far) are simply not doing their homework on him. They only see what they want to see and they either don't know about his flaws, or aren't taking them seriously. In this "once in a decade" premium draft class, that #9 pick should be used on a prospect who is projected as a near flawless and/or elite player as possible. The Bills aren't picking high enough for the "lock" prospects, but that doesn't mean that it's ok for them to roll the dice on a "boom or bust" prospect like Mike Evans just because of his size. I've taken the time to provide links describing Evans' boom/bust profile. If after reading them you still want the Bills to pick him then so be it, I'm glad you aren't the Bills GM…

http://www.nfl.com/n...from-extra-year

Gill Brandt -…"a big issue I have with Evans is that he's not a good route runner. He often pushes off on his defender and gains a big advantage with offensive pass interference."

http://www.behindthe...ects-mike-evans

"In the right offense I believe Evans could be a solid player in the NFL for a while. That offense however has to be one that manufactures space between Evans and his defender so he can use his size to gain YAC. Relying on him to get separation in a 1-on-1 match-up would be a mistake. In the NFL he is going to need more than just great hands and great size to be a top caliber player.

http://nosebleednote...bust-potential/

"Projecting an event in which the result takes years to come to fruition is not easy. Evans will need to underwhelm in proportion to where he is drafted, likely in the first 16 picks, to be labeled a bust.

His inability to run NFL-style routes well, his inflated statistics due to such a large size gap from the competition, and his lack of strong, sturdy hands are clearly leading him on that track."

Now, the reason I like Eric Ebron so much is that he is projected to be an elite at his position. This article has a draft analyst stating he's the cleanest TE prospect since Vernon Davis…

http://fansided.com/...n-davis/#!AFb4h

Edited by 1billsfan