• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ex-NFL scout: Eric Ebron could be better than Jimmy Graham

http://www.nfl.com/n...an-jimmy-graham

Money quote: "He is the best tight-end prospect I have evaluated since Kellen Winslow Jr.," Lande said. "...he is a rare talent who could be better than Jimmy Graham."

Someone should tell Lande that if you're trying to pump up a prospect, you should compare him to someone who panned out. Or does Lande think that Winslow II was better than Jimmy Graham?

Money quote: "He is the best tight-end prospect I have evaluated since Kellen Winslow Jr.," Lande said. "...he is a rare talent who could be better than Jimmy Graham."

Someone should tell Lande that if you're trying to pump up a prospect, you should compare him to someone who panned out. Or does Lande think that Winslow II was better than Jimmy Graham?

Winslow isn't better than Graham but he has caught 75 or more passes 4 times, and went over 1,000 yards once. That pretty good production from a TE. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/5531/kellen-winslow His biggest problem was injuries and looking for Boston Market.

Winslow isn't better than Graham but he has caught 75 or more passes 4 times, and went over 1,000 yards once. That pretty good production from a TE. http://espn.go.com/n.../kellen-winslow His biggest problem was injuries and looking for Boston Market.

Knowing how Winslow II's career shook out, would you take him at #9 in this draft? I definitely would not. And Lande is trying to pump up Ebron by saying he's not as good as Winslow II. Not saying anything about Ebron, just don't think Lande is very persuasive.

People are forgetting how much of a stud Winslow was coming out of the U. He was looked at as a transcendent talent his draft year, think Jimmy Graham before Jimmy Graham, only faster...his main issues were that freak motorcycle incident and the fact that he was drafted by Cleveland.

Ebron had his pro day today and dropped a lot of passes. Take him off the list.

:lol:

Depends on who you ask...

Mike Mayock (who attended the UNC Pro Day) praised Ebron's workout today, including his ability catching the ball, and said Ebron is absolutely a top 10 talent... B-)

His Pro Day said it all, except it had Ebron on the jersey. We have Chandler. Find a way to trade back, get the FSU TE at the least and look for two OL with the picks we pick up.

Ebron had his pro day today and dropped a lot of passes. Take him off the list.

Why would I put him on my list just to take him off? :nana:

The top 5 tight ends in the league averaged 11.4 TDs last year. Scott Chandler had 2. Chandler is one of the worst starting TEs in the league...

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/TE

IMO they only signed Chandler because they needed a reliable second TE to go with a new offense featuring a 2 TE formation with Eric Ebron flexed out and with Johnson and Woods as the featured wide outs. I think Revis signing with the Pats for two years only solidifies the Bills picking Ebron who Revis can't cover even if they did move him from his island position on the outside.

As for Evans, he wouldn't even be on my first round board since I think he's got a high probability to be a bust as a first round pick. IMO the guy is built and plays like a TE and will be forced into the WR position which he just doesn't look athletic or agile enough to play at a high level.

I did not see where anyone called you on this. Football Outsiders' TE ranking does not put Chandler as "one of the worst starting TEs in the league." It puts his production in the middle of TEs targetted 25 or more times. His DVOA (defense adjusted value over average) is near zero (-1.2) which means "middle of the pack." His rating is clearly better than Daniels, Pitta, Lewis, Rudolph, Fleener, Eifert, Pettigrew and Gresham, to name a few. Given the problems the Bills had at QB last year, average TE production is not bad.

As to the Ebron/Evans question, I am in favor of adding an elite offensive talent to the roster. Anyone that can make opposing DCs worry about how they can match up and keep TJ Graham off the field or the roster entirely then the Bills will be a better offense. If some of these supposed 2nd round talents can do that, I'm OK with that too.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

:lol:

Depends on who you ask...

Mike Mayock (who attended the UNC Pro Day) praised Ebron's workout today, including his ability catching the ball, and said Ebron is absolutely a top 10 talent... B-)

Again I like Ebron. He has pro potential. i just don't see this Top 15 talent anywhere, not on film or in empirical numbers at the combine. Between ASJ, Jace Amaro and Ebron I see 3 great pro prospects all with great potential, I just can't see how Ebron is somehow substantially better then any of them. Ebron is overhyped imo. If any one of those three are available at #41 you grab them and laugh about it for the next decade. (Granted ASJ has some health question marks)

http://www.nfl.com/v...continuous=true

Whats funny is in Mayock's own video right after he says Ebron is a hands catcher he body catches the ball. :38. Which is fine. Ebron has this way about protecting the catch with his body. His hands are still involved but he does a good job of trying to shield the catch. The problem is, In the NFL you can't always wait until the ball comes into your body. You need to go out and get the ball before the defender makes a play on it. You're not playing against joke ACC LBs and Safeties anymore. You need to go get the ball.

Like I said Ebron is a good pro prospect you have got to be inhaling the hype vapors pretty heavily to see a "Top 10 pick in any year" when you watch Ebron.

If anything let the 3 QBs and Ebron go Top8. That just means more real elite talent falls to the Bills ar #9.

Also I have no doubt that Ebron can block. He can block you can see it on tape. i have no idea why people are doubting that. I think it goes back to this hype and the need to put in him a category to make it easier to think about Ebron. "Oh he is like Jimmy Graham well Jimmy Graham can't block so Ebron block." Its foolish.

and you can tell Mayock wants to make out with Ebron in this video:

http://www.nfl.com/v...continuous=true

Edited by Why So Serious?