223 members have voted

1. 1. who would you draft

• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Astro posted this in another thread.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46280/349/peshek-te-metrics

This is damning of Ebron.

"- Heres Ebrons dirty little secret his hands just arent as good as some make them out to be. He made some nice one-handed grabs, but he also has a 11.43% drop rate which is not something to be overlooked."

Just say no at #9.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Evans is the player we should target. Will have to trade up to get to Watkins; with a draft deep like this; no way we trade up and give picks. Next year we might need a QB save those picks in case EJ flops....

The issue becomes what do we do if Evans is gone or appears like some team will try to trade in front of us; do we stay or do we try to move up?

There is an article in another thread plus with what Why So posted; Ebron isn't worth going this high. I don't see us taking a RT this high either, has to be Evans...

Wow Astro posted this in another thread.

http://www.rotoworld...shek-te-metrics

This is damning of Ebron.

"- Heres Ebrons dirty little secret his hands just arent as good as some make them out to be. He made some nice one-handed grabs, but he also has a 11.43% drop rate which is not something to be overlooked."

Just say no at #9.

Interesting considering some scouts are saying Evans hands are among the best they've ever seen...

I'm still OK with Ebron overall...But I definitely like Evans more... B-)

I've been concerned by Ebron's drops, and he dropped passes in a controlled Pro Day setting, which is not good. If the Bills are dead set on taking a receiver, take Evans who while not as heavy as Ebron, is 231#, which is a still a load, and he runs faster, is more athletic, and has better hands.

I've been concerned by Ebron's drops, and he dropped passes in a controlled Pro Day setting, which is not good. If the Bills are dead set on taking a receiver, take Evans who while not as heavy as Ebron, is 231#, which is a still a load, and he runs faster, is more athletic, and has better hands.

Actually the heavier Ebron ran a faster 40 at 4.5,

Evans 4.53

Ebron's fastest time at the Combine was 4.50, but his official time was 4.60. Evans' was 4.44 and 4.53.

We just need a big bodied possession WR; he does not need a ton of speed. Between Goodwin, Graham/Woods & SJ we have enough people who can stretch the field and fill the slot. We just need that big guy who we can get mismatches on and can catch. Provided of course we keep EJ upright, out of the read option, and he goes through his progressions....

We just need a big bodied possession WR; he does not need a ton of speed. Between Goodwin, Graham/Woods & SJ we have enough people who can stretch the field and fill the slot. We just need that big guy who we can get mismatches on and can catch. Provided of course we keep EJ upright, out of the read option, and he goes through his progressions....

I agree about speed, although Evans' fastest time was a 4.44, which is pretty decent. He's also got a 37" vertical. The more holes they fill on defense in FA the more I'm inclined to go with Evans.

My bad, thanks Doc

No problem. My favorite site for that stuff is nfldraftscout.com. Just search "nfldraftscout" and the player's name and you can get their Combine and Pro Day info.

I agree about speed, although Evans' fastest time was a 4.44, which is pretty decent. He's also got a 37" vertical. The more holes they fill on defense in FA the more I'm inclined to go with Evans.

No problem. My favorite site for that stuff is nfldraftscout.com. Just search "nfldraftscout" and the player's name and you can get their Combine and Pro Day info.

Here's another excellent tool for Combine results...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AseLAGMydisldHE0Rl9kOGxPXzhPckREX3NQd0dQTGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

I would take Evans all day. He's taller at 6'5 compared to Ebron at 6'4. He's got a better vertical and posted a better average 40 time at the combine (4.53 compared to 4.60). I guess when it comes right down to it, Ebron is not prototypical size for today's tight ends. He's somewhat of a tweener. I would rather them draft the upside of Evans in the first round and then turn around and grab someone like Troy Niklas in the second.

I like Evans. I have heard some scouts criticise Ebron for questionable work ethic and a prima donna attitude. Haven't heard any of that about Evans. I think both are very talented. When I start hearing questions about attitude and work ethic it scares me with respect to unproven players. Not the kiss of death but a concern. Ill take the guy with the strong work ethic (something I have heard about evans) even when hes the less talented guy. In this case I think both players are athletically equal. The intangibles are why I would favor Evans.

NFL executive blasts Eric Ebron, entire TE draft class

http://www.nfl.com/n...-te-draft-class

How funny. I just posted my thoughts on this topic and had also read this article. Good timing.

Here's an interesting article based on the alleged opinions of three of the NFL's top talent evaluators who believe that this year's TE class is weak (the top two TEs, Ebron and ASJ, are overrated pains in the ass and number three, Amaro, is nothing more than a "glorified possession slot receiver"). The sources claim that the WR class is deep and consequently would be the better value--didn't see the link in this thread but I do think it was elsewhere on TSW--should be here too.

http://www.nj.com/times-sports/index.ssf/2014/03/eckel_three_men_love_nfl_draft.html

Makes me wonder if we might not want to go OL in the first, take a WR in the second from that deep talent pool and pass on the TEs altogether. Worst case scenario for the TE position next year is that Moeaki and Gragg don't pan out and we "only" have a "serviceable" TE in Chandler who should have a better year with SJ, Woods and Goodwin improving and our newly drafted WR providing some occasional contributions (historically speaking most 1st year WRs are not impact players). And for the record, I was preciously gung-ho for a trade-down and taking Ebron. This article makes me wonder (if the article's sources are indeed top personnel folks it has more credibility than some blog from a nobody or an article from a wannabe NFL exec).