• evans
    • ebron

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like a no brainer to me that Buffalo will not draft a WR early on,

Bills WR corp already has plenty of untapped potential,

How about giving the guys we have a chance to gel ...

Buffalo does not have a player on this roster that is a go up and get it player. Evans is what this team needs and badly.

EJ is in trouble, throw a jump ball up to who, Grahm, Goodwin, Johnson, Woods? Who is going to win that battle.

I will take the 6'5 guy who can out jump everyone and can run with the best of them.

I'll take the future #1 WR , chain mover & touchdown maker for $2000, Alex.

Ebron is enticing but Evan has elite skills that are not coached i.e. - strong hands, leaping ability and YAK ! The coaches can work on techniques for separation & route running (He's been working w/ HOF James Lofton in the off-season already) plus he's shown that in press coverage the opposing DC will have to roll a safety over top, opening up more space for the others, CJ,Goodwin, Wood, Stevie & Chandler.

I really can see us trade down if the top OL guys are gone. Pittsburgh and especially Carolina are in dire need to wr.

Oh, someone mentioned Pittsburgh. Been waiting.

Trade for Ben. Keep Manuel. Good to groom behind Ben, and a good backup with similar attributes. Send SJ13, and I am not one to normally ever want to trade talent. SJ13 and a 1st for Big ben? or 2nd?

Oh, someone mentioned Pittsburgh. Been waiting.

Trade for Ben. Keep Manuel. Good to groom behind Ben, and a good backup with similar attributes. Send SJ13, and I am not one to normally ever want to trade talent. SJ13 and a 1st for Big ben? or 2nd?

Wow way to put words in my mouth. I dont want any of that. Just more draft picks

Buffalo does not have a player on this roster that is a go up and get it player. Evans is what this team needs and badly.

EJ is in trouble, throw a jump ball up to who, Grahm, Goodwin, Johnson, Woods? Who is going to win that battle.

I will take the 6'5 guy who can out jump everyone and can run with the best of them.

You are correct. I remember hearing Coach Marrone, before one of the games, elaborating on the Bills struggles in the RED zone. He stated they had gone back and watched film of the successful teams in this regard. The determination was that all the teams had bigger receivers who could jump, and thus be lobbed to successfully! I think is very telling about what their perceived needs are.

Just a hunch, but I think the Bills end up with Evans, Ebron or Benjamin in this draft, depending on which round and who is available at pick 9. They may be raw and require some work, but should still be able to help down near the goal line. Problem reduced!

The only way I think Evans, then Ebron is taken with pick 9, and instead Benjamin in round 2 is the following; One of these guys drops and presents too much value: Watkins, Robinson (no-way) or Matthews.

Edited by 75Bills

Here is the run down: We have Gragg already who had the best combine last year if any TE and would have this year too. I know he was a 7th round pick, but that was circumstantial. He was top graded TE going into last year by most, even higher than Eifert. Injuries derailed his last year and his stock fell. Now, I am in no way saying he's going to be the next Jimmy Graham, I am saying he is still a very intriguing prospect. Plus we have a solid vet in Chandler and Moeaki also has potential.

At WR, we don't have a guy on the roster with as much potential as Evans could have on this team. Does it mean Evans is a lock to be a stud...no of course not. However, he potentially makes the WR core diverse and dynamic by adding what we don't currently have...a physical and gifted big WR.

So, I wouldn't hate Ebron pick, but I think Evans is the better choice for this team at this stage.

Edited by Alphadawg7

sure they do, hes just not being utilized to his fullest potential, and the guy has excelled in anything Buffalo has asked him to do,

his name is Marcus Easley...

On a team with a suspect O-line and a defense that could not stop the run (castoff signings notwithstanding), I just don't get the logic of taking a guy who is going to be in on 6-10 plays per game……especially after you just gave a big contract to a WR and spent two 3s and a 2 on promising WRs. #9 is going to be an OT or my name ain't Nathan Arizona!

I guess the reason would be, some of those 6-10 plays might go for touchdowns, its the "impact" or "gamebreaker" argumengt. will an olineman break a game open? this post is more about where we would get more value from a tall WR or talented TE

Here is the run down: We have Gragg already who had the best combine last year if any TE and would have this year too. I know he was a 7th round pick, but that was circumstantial. He was top graded TE going into last year by most, even higher than Eifert. Injuries derailed his last year and his stock fell. Now, I am in no way saying he's going to be the next Jimmy Graham, I am saying he is still a very intriguing prospect. Plus we have a solid vet in Chandler and Moeaki also has potential.

At WR, we don't have a guy on the roster with as much potential as Evans could have on this team. Does it mean Evans is a lock to be a stud...no of course not. However, he potentially makes the WR core diverse and dynamic by adding what we don't currently have...a physical and gifted big WR.

So, I wouldn't hate Ebron pick, but I think Evans is the better choice for this team at this stage.

I would agree with all of this. However I argue with the point that Evans is the guy at the 9th pick. I'd much rather have Benjamin IMO and since in doing that, I'd rather trade down a few spots for extra picks and take both Ebron and Benjamin and then I get my 2 top juices at their positions.

Btw, I know I'm crazy thinking that Benjamin is better than Evans but it's just my opinion. I understand looked at like a freak but that's normal anyway.