Sammy Watkins, worth trading up for? What cost?

MClem06

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't trade up for any player unless it is a franchise QB. With all of the holes the Bills have they need all of the draft picks they have and more not less. I wouldn't mind seeing them trade down again this year to garner another pick or two.

Edited by respk

If Watkins fell to maybe #7 so the price isn't too much, then maybe try and trade up.

Though I'd be very happy with Evens. The Bill's already have a Watkins clone in Woods, what they don't have a is a big WR which Evens would bring.

so IMO if they could get Evens at #9 I wouldn't waste picks moving up.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

there is no need to trade up in this draft.

in every scenario a stud is available at #9. my preference is to just stay there and pick an OT [bills gave up the 4th most sacks].

if anything, they would be more inclined to trade down and pickup a bonus kiko again.

but after the 3 QB's , mack, clowney, watkins, robinson, Matthews and lewan there is a drop off to barr, evans, ebron, gilbert.

regarding taylor lewan, most scouts say he is better than all 3 of the OT's that went early last year.

I could see the front office looking at this roster like its the bengals and getting AJ Green being huge for their middle of the pack qb, and elite defense being playoff ready

That is what my brother and I were talking about. If EJ can get to Dalton level this team will be pretty good. There are not many holes left especially if Hairston is ready. They could still use a tackle, maybe a safety and certainly a WR. I know that they love him (don't know how much).

Everyone keeps talking about trading down because of the depth of the draft but I am starting to lean the other way. The depth of the draft should mean that the cost to go up is cheaper because of the teams looking to go back. If you see a player (specifically Watkins) that could be the difference go get him.

That is what my brother and I were talking about. If EJ can get to Dalton level this team will be pretty good. There are not many holes left especially if Hairston is ready. They could still use a tackle, maybe a safety and certainly a WR. I know that they love him (don't know how much).

Everyone keeps talking about trading down because of the depth of the draft but I am starting to lean the other way. The depth of the draft should mean that the cost to go up is cheaper because of the teams looking to go back. If you see a player (specifically Watkins) that could be the difference go get him.

Yup. Like all of them or not, we added 5 guys so far in free agency (and resigned chandler). That's a good chunk of the roster, and not lost anything but Byrd. We may have done most of the heavy lifting for patching holes and now be looking for final pieces.

There's a very good chance, based on a number of mocks ( including Kipers) that Sammy Watkins falls to the 7 spot. The Bills should be prepared to make a move to that spot and grab him. Number One playmaker/receiver in this draft, and the pure #1 type receiver the Bills need. Keep Stevie around for another year, and allow Watkins in year 2 to blossom into that role as Bills # 1 threat for years to come.

Hopefully Bills will not be in position to draft a player like this for quite a while.

Just refreshed my familiarity with sammys highlights and he certainly looks like the real deal to me. But damn I don't wanna give up that second rounder. Could the bucs possibly willing to swap for our 3rd assuming Vikings are going QB? Maybe they really want one of the big three linemen. Hmmm

For Watkins, I'd trade up. Not for anyone else though. He's that type of special player that we need to get this offense going. I could care less that he's not 6'4. He's a ball player with the mentality that we need