If Mike Evans in RD1, who in 2?

Astrobot

Scott Crichton DE43 Oregon State - Pure 4-3 guy, not versatile enough?

Antonio Richardson ROT Tennessee - Mount Tiny--Knee concern?

Ryan Shazier OLB43 Ohio State - 237 lb., long and lean weakside guy, quick to the edge

Gabe Jackson OG MissSt - huge, technical, great agility, quick off snap, CWilliams' competition

Kyle Van Noy OLB43 BYU - Better as a 4-3 OLB, could be a less-effective 3-4 OLB

Ra'Shede Hageman DE34 Minnesota - versatile, DE34 or DT43, backup for aging KWilliams

Trent Murphy DE43 Stanford - physical, instinctive, but predictable; high floor, low ceiling

Bishop Sankey RBF Washington - my top RB in the draft, FJax comparisons but deep RB draft

Lamarcus Joyner CB/FS Florida State - hybrid CB/S, moves very well and diagnoses quickly

Carlos Hyde RBF Ohio State - my #2 RB in the draft; but we just signed similar guy in Dixon

Will Clarke DE34 West Virginia - 6'7" 273 good awareness and strength against the run

A Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington - Most experience in variety of alignments of all TEs, low YAC

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame - Caught ball further downfield than any TE, good seam, blocks best

I anticipate that this will be the Bills choices at #41, and I've bolded four players I think are on the Bills board after their terrific free agency shopping spree. I'd like to know your thoughts. -Astro

Edited by Astrobot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like that list. I'd have Austin S-J and Gabe Jackson as 1a and 1b. 9 of the 11 penciled in defensive starters are top 50 picks + Kyle Williams. I think the offense needs a little love in the Top50.

Again this list has a low bust potential and that's what's got me excited about the 2014 draft. We should have 3-4 solid prospects that can contribute day 1. Still realizing any receiving option will take a couple years to fully develop.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I think they have to get a tackle early in this draft

I'm still not sold on Evans as I always have concerns with WRs that are 6'5" with exception of Megatron

I just watched highlights of Eric Ebron and am now on the Ebron train. If you haven't watched yet check out his highlight video on you tube. I know anyone can look good in highlights but he looks like Jimmy Graham, has great hands and doesn't mind going up to get the ball

I won't be around to see that Rd2 if Evans is drafted in Rd1.

I almost spit my drink out after reading this!...LOL

I have no want for the Bills picking Mike Evans at all. The more I look at this guy the more I see a big huge NFL bust. He seems like a head case, he seems like a big baby when he gets upset, his body type is a TE and not that of an NFL WR. I'd seriously take Kelvin Benjamin at #9 over Evans because at least he has the body type of a WR and him and EJ have a big connection.

I'm hoping more and more Bills fans jump off the Mike Evans bandwagon and jump onto the much more sure thing Eric Ebron bandwagon. Dude's a baller, dude's a winner, and you can tell just by listening to him dude's gonna be an NFL star.

Edited by 1billsfan

I almost spit my drink out after reading this!...LOL

I have no want for the Bills picking Mike Evans at all. The more I look at this guy the more I see a big huge NFL bust. He seems like a head case, he seems like a big baby when he gets upset, his body type is a TE and not that of an NFL WR. I'd seriously take Kelvin Benjamin at #9 over Evans because at least he has the body type of a WR and him and EJ have a big connection.

I'm hoping more and more Bills fans jump off the Mike Evans bandwagon and jump onto the much more sure thing Eric Ebron bandwagon. Dude's a baller, dude's a winner, and you can tell just by listening to him dude's gonna be an NFL star.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Ebron has much higher bust potential. But whoever we draft in Round 1 I'll be rooting for them come day 1 of the season.

I couldn't disagree more. I think Ebron has much higher bust potential. But whoever we draft in Round 1 I'll be rooting for them come day 1 of the season.

It's going to be a long two months as both the Ebron and Evans sides harden as the one the Bills should take at #9. I'm pretty positive it's going to be Ebron, Evans or Benjamin (in a trade down). They have to get EJ a main target, there's too much riding on his success this year.

I think it goes without saying fans will eventually rally behind the guy the pick once the season starts.

Edited by 1billsfan

Im really hoping for a trade down.......but if they dont then its starting to look like OT is the right choice

I am hoping for trade down as well. I. Think Evans at 9 is very risky. A trade down will still allow them to pick up an OT and WR with the first two picks, and have an extra second rounder to play with. If they do not trade down, OT would be the best bet.

Scott Crichton DE43 Oregon State - Pure 4-3 guy, not versatile enough?

Antonio Richardson ROT Tennessee - Mount Tiny--Knee concern?

Ryan Shazier OLB43 Ohio State - 237 lb., long and lean weakside guy, quick to the edge

Gabe Jackson OG MissSt - huge, technical, great agility, quick off snap, CWilliams' competition

Kyle Van Noy OLB43 BYU - Better as a 4-3 OLB, could be a less-effective 3-4 OLB

Ra'Shede Hageman DE34 Minnesota - versatile, DE34 or DT43, backup for aging KWilliams

Trent Murphy DE43 Stanford - physical, instinctive, but predictable; high floor, low ceiling

Bishop Sankey RBF Washington - my top RB in the draft, FJax comparisons but deep RB draft

Lamarcus Joyner CB/FS Florida State - hybrid CB/S, moves very well and diagnoses quickly

Carlos Hyde RBF Ohio State - my #2 RB in the draft; but we just signed similar guy in Dixon

Will Clarke DE34 West Virginia - 6'7" 273 good awareness and strength against the run

A Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington - Most experience in variety of alignments of all TEs, low YAC

Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame - Caught ball further downfield than any TE, good seam, blocks best

I anticipate that this will be the Bills choices at #41, and I've bolded four players I think are on the Bills board after their terrific free agency shopping spree. I'd like to know your thoughts. -Astro

I don't know how you pass Hageman in this scenario...IMHO he's clearly the highest rated player on that list...I very much doubt he would still be there at #41...If he is though it would seem to be a no-brainer... B-)

I agree on Borland. Would be nice to have a young kid to plug in when Spikes falls victim to the Bills' preseason injury curse or if he jets out after year one. MLB is heart of the defensive unit and Borland is almost as rabid of a player as Kiko.

Since we just got a new RB who's name escapes me at this moment I have to pull of Hyde, but if any player is going to have a Alfred Morris type year it is going to be him.

So, Astro, we are where we are. I have to go Gabe Jackson, OG or Hageman. Potentially, I guess the OT from TEnnessee would be good but not an immediate need, at least not addressed like Jackson or Hageman would be since DT's have a bit steeper of a learning curve and he'll be perfectly shined up in a year or two when KWilliams is getting his last reps.

I agree on Borland. Would be nice to have a young kid to plug in when Spikes falls victim to the Bills' preseason injury curse or if he jets out after year one. MLB is heart of the defensive unit and Borland is almost as rabid of a player as Kiko.

I am putting stock in Bradham right now for this role. Bradham as a backup ILB and Special Teamer - I am quite happy with that and do not want to go LB in this draft right now. We just signed a whole bunch and using Beerball's logic I don't see us or want us going with Ebron.