Mike Evans - does this effect how you feel a/b him?

I think it shows a level of immaturity to sign with these guys so it is a red flag for me honestly

Couple that with his crybaby act in the bowl game and yep we have some red flags.

Weezy and the Birdman represent him? HAhahahaha. Doug Whaley to birdman during contract negotiations " you can't smoke that in here" Wonder if Evans likes purple drank.

Weezy n birdman in action below

post-15917-0-35624900-1394885870_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.

However, Jay-Z did manage to get Robinson Cano a heck of a contract in MLB. FWIW

But Jay-Z also asked for some stupid money from the Yankees showing a bit of naivete in negotiating.

Agreed.

If Buffalo isn't going to be willing to pay market value to re-sign guy who are among the one or two best in the league at their position, they should stay away from Parker client and clients of any reputable agent.

A better idea would be to start to understand that with the best in football you're going to have to pay very very high salaries and the only real way to avoid that is to trade or re-sign those guys early.

I think this week shows what a disaster the Bills front office is and how no one wants to play in Buffalo. :rolleyes:

Couple that with his crybaby act in the bowl game and yep we have some red flags.

Weezy and the Birdman represent him? HAhahahaha. Doug Whaley to birdman during contract negotiations " you can't smoke that in here" Wonder if Evans likes purple drank.

Weezy n birdman in action below

You're only allowed to chew on honkers in whaleys office. And they gotta be huge dips. Whaley and marrone love themselves a big dip

This tells me that Mike Evans is a dope. I didn't want the Bills picking him anyways so it doesn't change my mind. I want either Eric Ebron or Jake Matthews at #9.

You want a both a baller and an intelligent football player at #9. Pass.

Edited by 1billsfan

I'm having trouble understanding how people think Jay-Z is his agent? He's the founder of the organization and partnered with Creative Artists Agency that does all the agent negotiations.

Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, Victor Cruz, Kevin Durant are all clients.

Think what you want about Jay-Z but the man knows how to spend his money.

Agreed.

If Buffalo isn't going to be willing to pay market value to re-sign guy who are among the one or two best in the league at their position, they should stay away from Parker client and clients of any reputable agent.

A better idea would be to start to understand that with the best in football you're going to have to pay very very high salaries and the only real way to avoid that is to trade or re-sign those guys early.

I think they put a value on him and offered him a contract based on that value. No different than New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, or Philadelphia routinely do. If it goes above that, they let the player walk.

Edited by matter2003

Remember the whole Ricky Williams-Master P thing and how teams passed on Ricky because of concern over signability? Players should have professionals represent them imo. Hey, at least Eugene Parker is not representing Evans. B-)

People also tend to forget the result was a bad contract for Ricky. It's an error in judgement on Evans' part to sign with them but it could make him easier to deal with in some ways....to the extent it matters at all the way the new rookie deals work. Man did the players screw up in the last CBA battle.

Remember the whole Ricky Williams-Master P thing and how teams passed on Ricky because of concern over signability? Players should have professionals represent them imo. Hey, at least Eugene Parker is not representing Evans. B-)

Ricky went 5th overall after 3 QBs and Edgerrin James were drafted top 4 so who exactly passed on him because of Master P?

I remember there was talk in the media about possible concerns but no teams passed on him because of it

I didnt know rappers were qualified to be agents, I thought you needed an education. Not street cred.

Well, if that is not racist, I don't know what is.

Plenty of rappers have college education. Bryan Williams went to college after graduating high school, but dropped out and now he is an entrepreneur worth $110 million.

Never liked him, his music or his record label/group...but to assume he is not intelligent because he is a rapper, is just plain stupid.

Those guys have more money than we will ever dream of... They're marketing geniuses.

Exactly.

I believe that the rappers themselves (in this case Birdman, but also Jay-Z) are not the AGENTS. They are owners of the AGENCY. They're the money men, and the "face" used to recruit the athletes. They then hire their own agents or work with established agencies. ROC Nation Sports works in collaboration with CAA, for example.

Yes, just like it says Cash Money is working with Priority Sports...Mike Evans' original agency.

I'm having trouble understanding how people think Jay-Z is his agent? He's the founder of the organization and partnered with Creative Artists Agency that does all the agent negotiations.

Robinson Cano, CC Sabathia, Victor Cruz, Kevin Durant are all clients.

Think what you want about Jay-Z but the man knows how to spend his money.

From everything I've read, Jay-Z has a seriously sharp mind for business. Right now, he's just founding and running the company, but I wouldn't be surprised if he became a successful sports agent.

From everything I've read, Jay-Z has a seriously sharp mind for business. Right now, he's just founding and running the company, but I wouldn't be surprised if he became a successful sports agent.

I have his book...the guy is truly a genius. VERY intelligent. Literally went from nothing to everything, all by himself..."from the streets, to the suites." I have been a DJ for 13 years, I have done a lot of studying/research on these guys...they are much more intelligent than you think, or they get credit for...especially Jay-Z.

Mike probably figures Birdman is less likely to steal from him since he's already rich. If Birdman was dumb he wouldn't have been able to get lucrative distribution deals the last 15+ years

I didnt know rappers were qualified to be agents, I thought you needed an education. Not street cred.

1. How do you know they're not educated?

2. More than one way to be educated. All education does not come from a class room.

3. They own the company. They use their clout to recruit business to their company.

They hire certified agents to do the negotiations.

4. I repeat they OWN their own company. Make a lot of money using their core talents, then diversify into other interests.

Same thing Jay Z, Quincy Jones, Frank Sinatra and many others did. (See no. 1 and 2 above for how this is possible.)

Because one doesn’t like the music or like the name of the business or erroneously conflate Master P. w/this situation doesn't

make it a bad deal.

Edited by purple haze

1. How do you know they're not educated?

2. More than one way to be educated. All education does not come from a class room.

3. They own the company. They use their clout to recruit business to their company.

They hire certified agents to do the negotiations.

4. I repeat they OWN their own company. Make a lot of money using their core talents, then diversify into other interests.

Same thing Jay Z, Quincy Jones, Frank Sinatra and many others did. (See no. 1 and 2 above for how this is possible.)

Because one doesn’t like the music or like the name of the business or erroneously conflate Master P. w/this situation doesn't

make it a bad deal.

It's about the same thing to them as it is the the agents from CAA or any other company, MONEY. Get it however you can get it. :thumbsup: