Jason Campbell anyone???

The backup situation is irrelevant. There's nothing to compete for. Campbell doesn't know the offense, where Lewis and Tuel does. That's already pretty clear. He's never been a decent quarterback and neither has Lewis. That is pretty clear as well. Our starting QB has 11 games experience and will have 16 more this season barring injury. That's all that really matters to me. Who's holding the clipboard for EJ or who's holding the clipboard for his backup who's holding another clipboard is irrelevant.

Oy vey!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, I keep hearing Shaun Hill mentioned in connection to the Bills, and I understand why, with the connection to our new QB coach...but why is it that I can't remember a seeing this guy take a single snap in the NFL? I know he did, mostly from 2008-10 with the 49ers and Lions...career 85.9 QB rating...but what is his style? Is he mobile? Arm strength?

Pocket passer, solid arm, accuracy issues (based on his time with the Amsterdam Admirals in NFL Europe ages ago).

Campbell has looked good on stretches but I have also seen him completely lost out there. In spite of his RJesque tendencies Thad seems to have a bigger upside. Thad loves to attack middle deep and can do it with some accuracy. Those strengths are not found in all starters.

That price would be free, or he pays...

Michael (Peter O'Toole): Did you get a job?

Victor (Woody Allen): Yes, I got something at the strip-tease, I help the girls dress and undress.

Michael: Nice job.

Victor: Twenty Francs a week.

Michael: Not very much.

Victor: It's all I could afford. :w00t:

http://en.wikiquote...._New,_Pussycat?

Edited by Bills Fan since '64

They're both bums. Weedon can't read defenses and holds the ball forever. Campbell lacks confidence and is known as "Captain Checkdown" for a reason. For your sake, I hope your management doesn't sign either one of them.

Not sure you can really fairly gauge Campbell from his time in Cleveland... he has a pretty decent stretch of about 3.5 seasons on his resume... nobody is saying he is a superstar, but he was without a doubt the best QB on the Redskins and Raiders squads during his time there... Redskins didn't want to pay him, and the Raiders were distracted, as is their way, by the shiny new things...he lost his job there after six games, because he was injured...he had been having a pretty respectable season. I just think you can do a lot worse for a backup. Given the Bills injury problems at the position, is it necessarily wise to head into another season, where you hope to make some strides, with your hopes dashed if your young QB goes down, again? The guy has started about 80 NFL games... that doesn't make him great, but there must be something to work with there.

That price would be free, or he pays...

He's been discarded from some of the worst QB situations in the league. There is just nothing there. Zilch, zero.

From three of the most inept franchises in the NFL. The Bills may be in their class, but as Bills fans, (most of us) are assuming that will not be the case in the future.

Not sure you can really fairly gauge Campbell from his time in Cleveland... he has a pretty decent stretch of about 3.5 seasons on his resume... nobody is saying he is a superstar, but he was without a doubt the best QB on the Redskins and Raiders squads during his time there... Redskins didn't want to pay him, and the Raiders were distracted, as is their way, by the shiny new things...he lost his job there after six games, because he was injured...he had been having a pretty respectable season. I just think you can do a lot worse for a backup. Given the Bills injury problems at the position, is it necessarily wise to head into another season, where you hope to make some strides, with your hopes dashed if your young QB goes down, again? The guy has started about 80 NFL games... that doesn't make him great, but there must be something to work with there.

Campbell's best games as Cleveland's quarterback were the second game against Baltimore and against New England. In other games, it was obvious that his decision making was tentative; it looked like he was afraid to make a mistake. Cleveland ended its season by losing seven straight. It's unfortunate, but Campbell's confidence is shot. Maybe he can successfully salvage his career, and I hope for his sake that he does.

We should have taken Josh McKown and sit EJ for two years to learn under McKown. I like what the Bucs did and we probably couldn't have competed anyway with Lovie as McKown played for Lovie.

The Bucs have been the most active this off season. The Broncos are just getting all the love as they went to the SB, and bought a couple of expensive players.

We should have taken Josh McKown and sit EJ for two years to learn under McKown. I like what the Bucs did and we probably couldn't have competed anyway with Lovie as McKown played for Lovie.

The Bucs have been the most active this off season. The Broncos are just getting all the love as they went to the SB, and bought a couple of expensive players.

They really have spent a ton of money but got a haul for the price of Revis. That division is going to be tough.

They really have spent a ton of money but got a haul for the price of Revis. That division is going to be tough.

Agreed. There is such a buzz in Tampa with all of the moves Lovie made this past week. I like what the Bills have done this past week as we didn't over pay for older players like Denver in the case of Ware. We plugged some holes with nice pick ups in the LB and CB situation. I scratch my head over the guard pick up. I know we need one, just not sure if it's Williams. I'm hoping they find someone else. That's why in another thread I made the case to pick up Incognito after a long talk with Marrone and our strong personalities on both lines would never allow his previous behaviors. EW, KW, AND CG would keep him in his place. He is a talented Guard.

Career completion percentage - Campbell - 60.3%, Lewis - 60.4%. Rating, Campbell - 81.8, Lewis - 81.4. Yeh, they're not similar at all. :wallbash: Sure, sample sizes are different, but it's pretty irrelevant. Your false equivalency is that Campbell brings something we don't already have, which he does not. Just another journeyman quarterback that has seen too many teams in his career. I'll bet you his ability to hold a clip board is no different than Lewis or Tuel.

I agree.

Campbell is not better than Lewis and the smart thing to do is to keep the guy that knows the system already. Bring a young QB via draft or UDFA and see if you get lucky.

Agreed. There is such a buzz in Tampa with all of the moves Lovie made this past week. I like what the Bills have done this past week as we didn't over pay for older players like Denver in the case of Ware. We plugged some holes with nice pick ups in the LB and CB situation. I scratch my head over the guard pick up. I know we need one, just not sure if it's Williams. I'm hoping they find someone else. That's why in another thread I made the case to pick up Incognito after a long talk with Marrone and our strong personalities on both lines would never allow his previous behaviors. EW, KW, AND CG would keep him in his place. He is a talented Guard.

Yep. Same here. The word is he is good with the screen blocking and Glenn/Wood would be the best talent he's played between on the OL in his career, so there's that. But I am far from convinced that he'll be a good starter based on his track record thus far. He'll need to prove it. I'm sure he'll be better than Brown/Legursky, but still feel there was potential for a better solution.

He's instantly our second best QB....if not best. Sign him up

I'm with ya. I wouldn't tie the signing to releasing Thaddeus. Bring in all 4 and let Lewis & Campbell battle it out for #2. Regarding Tuel and the practice squad...that's definitely a possibility but I'd wager that it's more likely he's cut in TC vs. going to the PS.