Jason Campbell anyone???

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I have been grown too accustomed to watching ****ty QB play, but I really think Lewis was not that bad, considering all the extenuating circumstances last year... he definitely has to protect the ball better, but he made some plays... not as sold on Tuel, but I think the Bills still like him. Take away the bad pick-six in the Chiefs game, and he wasn't all bad.

Released by Cleveland. Has always been a solid back-up. Was playing well in Oakland until he got hurt. He is better than Tuel or Lewis.

I would take him at 1 million a year and release Lewis.

Please god no

He's better than any qb on the roster right now. Sadly, that's part of the reason why there's no chance the bills sign him. EJ and his comfort level are first priority.

This.

Thad Lewis is athletic and intelligent. He played far beyond anyone's reasonable expectations.

I think thad is okay but would lok at rex grossman as a back up, he is a good one and could be a nice influance on ej not sold on thad or tuel not sure eithers problems will be developed out. grossmqn been around forever and is very accuerate, played in many systems too. as a fill in seems like what you want. ej's year will detrmine if they are doing the right thing, whichas evid3nced by the lg and cb sitjations last year could backfire. I dont agree with the gamble.

actually lg is still a 1uestion and it seems like it might work but my money is on them drafting another too in the first 3 rounds or not much later.

I think Marrone and Whaley know this may be their only shot and they are not going to put all their NFL hopes and dreams in EJ's hands. I think they draft another QB in the middle rounds and let them compete. Tuel, Lewis, Grossman, Campbell, Wheeden, hell even Kellen Clemens can serve as the emergency back-up. None of them are any good long term. Take Aaron Murray in the fourth or the kid from Eastern Illinois and see what happens.

Yes Tuel is PS eligible. My hunch is he sucks in OTA's and we have a veteran like Campbell or someone else and another rookie backing up EJ next year. Tuel and Lewis are not worthy of being on NFL rosters.

i think you are wrong. he has an accrued season, and i believe suited up on sunday atleast 9 times (as we always had injuries he was OFTEN our #1 backup).

i wouldnt mind campbell vs thad... and i really wouldnt mind tuel being gone.

I've always kind of liked Campbell. I remember him playing a great game in the Ralph a few years back. I don't hate Thad either though. If you can get Campbell at the right price I am cool with it.

he had a tough start to his career, partially for reasons beyond his control. a dysfunctional redskins franchise gave him a stretch from college through the pros where he had 5? 6? schemes to learn in as many years. thats rough on a qb.