Khalil Mack: Take or Trade Down

BigBuff423

How funny would it be if Houston passed on Manziel and then picked Derek Carr in the 2nd round? Their fans would literally revolt.

I hadn't thought of that. I'd love to see it.

OK, another bold prediction: as Manziel does his Brady Quinn, Houston trades back into the first round to save face and gets Johnny Football afterall.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So to play the what if game some more, what if both Mack, Watkins, and Evens are all there at #9? Which one do you take?

Watkins has been labeled the best WR, but Evens has the freakish size that our other WR's all lack. Mack to me does have a bit of question as to how his game projects to the NFL so d oyou go wit hthe WR, then which one, the guy who everyone says is the best, or the big WR??

and what if Matthews, Robinson are also both there?

It really depends on the grade the Buffalo Bills, Doug Whaley puts on all those players, and if he is going to draft for biggest need or BPA.

I've seen grades on Evans & Ebron as late as the middle of the first round, and so i doubt they would get the nod over others.

Its anyone's guess on Watkins, Mack, Matthews, Robinson in my view.

I hadn't thought of that. I'd love to see it.

OK, another bold prediction: as Manziel does his Brady Quinn, Houston trades back into the first round to save face and gets Johnny Football afterall.

GO BILLS!!!

Wow...that is bold.

I was thinking that Manziel will be the guy that goes top 5, since he's the most likely to sell tickets, which will prompt Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, etc. to take him.

Wow...that is bold.

I was thinking that Manziel will be the guy that goes top 5, since he's the most likely to sell tickets, which will prompt Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland, etc. to take him.

Good post!!!!

Many overlook the value of ticket sales and fan interest. For instance, if Manziel fell to the Bills, ticket sales would skyrocket. This board might not like it as much as the overall fan base mind you, although I am not so sure. I think that some posters who are sold on EJ would still be just as high on him even if he played worse than he did last season.

But either way, Manziel to the Bills would sell out RWS and fast. This scenario would also sell perhaps a record number of Bills jerseys, t-shirts, etc. The team would make untold millions, and this matters.

The Cowboys were a team that came to my mind also, despite going away from the 3-4 Defense and it seemed like a natural trade, between 17 and 9...now, whether the BILLS should Draft Ebron is a totally different discussion...

I don't think the cowboys have a 2nd round pick which makes them a poor trade partner for moving up at I would only move up if you get a 2nd in the deal.

I was a bit skeptical given level of comp, but he proved his elite athletic ability at combine to confirm his production. Interview I heard with him on NFL Network was extremely impressive - the guy just wants to be great. No prospect is without risk, but he has the ability, production and attitude to more than warrant the 9th pick.

If he is available, I hope that they take him rather than trade down.

While I hope you're right, I respectfully disagree. I think the QBs are going to drop.

I think the top 5 are Clowney, Robinson, Mack, Manziel, & Watkins in no particular order. After that, I suspect the next 3 picks will be some combination of Matthews, Lewan, and either Bridgewater or Bortles (the other I believe will drop like a stone Geno Smith-style).

I totally get that thinking and can certainly see the possibility of the QB's sliding. The reason I think we will still see 2 or 3 go is because there are several very QB needy teams ahead of us and many have new regimes, and one of the most important thing for them to do is right the ship at QB as its one of the harder positions to develop and will look to do so in the first year if they want to stick around long term. The top 3 QB's are all graded high enough to reasonably draft them in the top 10 without it being considered a reach.

There is a lot of talent in this top 10, so anything can happen. But given how hard up several of the teams ahead of us are for a QB, I think its possible, maybe even likely that at least 2, if not 3 go ahead of us.

Again, I don't disagree with you that its possible they can slide, I just think the circumstances are there for a possible early QB run for at least 2 teams in the top 8.

It all depends on what position they think he can excel at in the NFL.

I actually think it would be a waste to play him at OLB in a 4-3 but I also don't think he is a 4-3 DE so where would they play him? You don't take a situational pass rusher with the 9th pick

Edit: for the record i was not calling Mack a situational pass rusher, simply stating that i think it would be a waste to draft him if he doesnt have an every down position in a 4-3 defense

As I said in other posts. Mack is a he'll of a player. Getting the privilege of watching ever home UB game he played in, he is special. But a slam dunk pick for last years bills. I do NOT see his fit in a 43. His senior season in college they tried to market him as a jack lb. And he looked way more natural in the 2 point. I have yet to see him as a cover guy you can line up in the slot against Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, ASJ, or even Ebron. He is gonna destroy any running back and his respective Q.B. so as much as I would like him to stay in the queen city I think there are other options. In a 43 I like Kyle Van Noy personally.