Big receiver times

Have to add..Just watched Mike Evans catch ..Wow. This is the big receiver we need. Size, speed and hands.

Have to say I was a huge Evans doubter. Not anymore. His combine was amazing. And he has the tape to match. I think he may be a tall Larry Fitzgerald.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched Evans play, I rarely saw him get separation without a push-off of some kind. The stop watch doesn't alter how I view his history of getting open. I don't see it translating to the NFL.

I agree, most of his big plays were busted scrambles from manziel. the kid has size and speed which you can't teach but does push off a ton.

what's everyone's thoughts on martavis bryant? sick size and speed combo but played second fiddle to watkins. I always thought he got a bad rap with how inaccurate boyd could be at times. I'd love to take a shot at this guy in the 3rd but I'm thinking he might go a little higher with that 40 time.

Playmaker=Evans..Its what we need. Big tall receiver who catches everything.

Im impressed.Get the ot later. Been beating this drum for a while. Watkins will

be gone..I think if we can get Evans or Ebron. we just changed our

dynamics.

Man Evans reminds me of michael irvin...

The push off is actually a skill. The great ones don't get caught.

Is that right?? Is holding a skill as well? When it costs us a huge first down let me know how skillful it almost looked.

Most of Texas A&M's pass plays were busted scrambles by Manziel.... I don't think you can use that as a knock on Evans.

I'm not but a knock has been his route running, he may run a decent tree but when Manziel ad libs before the WR goes through his route how much can you really know? I like the guy and would be happy with either he or Benjamin at 9.

Martavis Bryant....6'4", Official 4.42 at the Combine, a Junior, 39 Vertical, leader in the broad jump and check out his highlights...this kid would be a great pick-up in the 3rd...btw, watched his combine yesterday, he was fluid, great hands, and impressive...that's the only word to describe the kid...impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBY_lsCjCT4

There's 4 or 5 catches in that highlight that really show what this kid can do...catches balls in contest with defenders, has pull-away speed, can go up and get it and catches in traffic....talk about a #1 prototype, coupled with his measurables yesterday at the Combine, I think he can sneak into the 2nd Round...too good to pass up, no pun intended there...

Martavis Bryant....6'4", Official 4.42 at the Combine, a Junior, 39 Vertical, leader in the broad jump and check out his highlights...this kid would be a great pick-up in the 3rd...btw, watched his combine yesterday, he was fluid, great hands, and impressive...that's the only word to describe the kid...impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBY_lsCjCT4

There's 4 or 5 catches in that highlight that really show what this kid can do...catches balls in contest with defenders, has pull-away speed, can go up and get it and catches in traffic....talk about a #1 prototype, coupled with his measurables yesterday at the Combine, I think he can sneak into the 2nd Round...too good to pass up, no pun intended there...

Bigger Stevie. Wild catch....then drops an easy one.

Have to add..Just watched Mike Evans catch ..Wow. This is the big receiver we need. Size, speed and hands.

Yeah. He'd make a great 1st Rounder for the Bills! Rather take Ebron though... Big Play TE's add another wrinkle to the Offense. Makes the D respect the position.

Edited by mattsox

Yeah. He'd make a great 1st Rounder for the Bills! Rather take Ebron though... Big Play TE's add another wrinkle to the Offense. Makes the D respect the position.

The potential advantage to Ebron over Evans is that we currently have three decent WR (Stevie, Woods, Goodwin), so Evans would usually be pushing one of them to the bench. With Ebron, all three stay on the field along with him for four good targets.

I love Ebron's physical ability but I changed my mind when I saw his drop rate was roughly 12% last year. That's not nearly good enough for a pass catching TE no matter how special his physical gifts are.

Ask the Seahawks' secondary

Excellent argument. They were only the best defense in the league last year. Not sure where your point holds water, now if you said Revis, Cromartie or Hall I would agree with you. Seattles front 7 was the star of that team. The secondary was the cherry.

No, just no. This team's lacked a REAL WR now for going on 8 years. Take one of these guys while they're here and get our QB a real weapon.

You're thinking of Dana Carvey.

yep. i stand corrected .

I think BIG WR over Ebron might be the better investment. although we need both. We might have our TE's on the team already. We dont have the big playmaking WR yet. tis true Joe

The potential advantage to Ebron over Evans is that we currently have three decent WR (Stevie, Woods, Goodwin), so Evans would usually be pushing one of them to the bench. With Ebron, all three stay on the field along with him for four good targets.

Except Ebron isn't very effective as an in-line TE. So you would be lining him up in the slot like the Saints do with Graham, the Niners with Davis, and how the Pats used to with Hernandez.

Which is exactly where you could line Evans up.

Excellent argument. They were only the best defense in the league last year. Not sure where your point holds water, now if you said Revis, Cromartie or Hall I would agree with you. Seattles front 7 was the star of that team. The secondary was the cherry.

Really? Seattle's secondary is the literal poster child for defensive holding. They've flat out admitted that they do it every play knowing they won't get called for it repeatedly.

I like Matthews but I feel he is more of a possession wr, a slightly more athletic David Nelson.

I agree with this. EJ's ball placement needs to be better (injuries to himself and wrs hurt this timing) but there were a few deep balls, especially to Goodwin, that are complete if Goodwin wasn't so small. A 6'5" receiver would have caught them easily.

Have the Bills ever had a legit receiver over 6'2"?

If you count Lofton past his prime... Moulds was 6'2" I believe. Essentially, no they haven't in my recollection.

I'm all for Evans. Can't teach that combo of speed, size, and strength. 9th is higher than I'd prefer, but his upside is too good to ignore IMHO.

Mike Evans at 9. Game. Set. Match.

We found a stud of a LT in the 2nd round, there will be plenty of Ts to take later on. No RT will affect a game the way Mike Evans will.

When is Antonio Richardson projected to go? He looks like a stud RT to me...

We also need a TE. Really really badly. Get one of those too

Richardson was our pick at #41 in a sim I just ran with the new Big Board. Would you prefer Ebron-Richardson, Mosley-Richardson, or neither?

If you count Lofton past his prime... Moulds was 6'2" I believe. Essentially, no they haven't in my recollection.

I'm all for Evans. Can't teach that combo of speed, size, and strength. 9th is higher than I'd prefer, but his upside is too good to ignore IMHO.

Evans went one pick after us to Detroit in my sim, so not a reach any more. He answered the big question, speed. What he still doesn't have checked off is his ability to run a full route tree.