Bills coaches want to move on from training staff, FO dysfunction

FluffHead

This shows me you are more interested in seeing the Bills in flames rather than becoming good. Something I've always suspected.

Not at all. I'd be crying tears of happiness if they made the playoffs.

But I'm cynical to the point where I don't expect them to do anything right.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With how messy this team is. I kind of hope that Marrone and Whaley get fired right before the season starts. Just for ultimate **** show drama purposes.

What is this?

"With how messy this team is"...really? How messy are they? They finished 6-10 with a rookie coach and rookie QB--oh, and they had to start 4th string QBs for 6 games...no big deal.

It never ceases to amaze me how many "fans" actually want the team to crash and burn.

Not at all. I'd be crying tears of happiness if they made the playoffs.

But I'm cynical to the point where I don't expect them to do anything right.

I call BS...you cannot reasonably say in one sentence that you hope for a **** show and then turn around and talk about how happy you'll be if it doesn't happen and expect to be taken seriously.

What is this?

"With how messy this team is"...really? How messy are they? They finished 6-10 with a rookie coach and rookie QB--oh, and they had to start 4th string QBs for 6 games...no big deal.

It never ceases to amaze me how many "fans" actually want the team to crash and burn.

A rookie coach who was mediocre in college. A rookie QB who can't stay on the field. Signing a FA QB who injured himself on a mat. A "stud" defense, that can't stop the run, or 3rd and long... then still lose their "awesome" DC to a head coaching job.

There's always some "mess" with this team. The only consistency is that there's new excuses every year for being mediocre.

Ideally I'd love if we got our collective **** together and made the playoffs.

But I'm certainly not expecting anything other than absolute nonsense... for the 14th year running.

If the "leak" truly came from Marrone/Whaley/Brandon as the above article supposes, then the bold cannot possibly be true.

I believe it is from close to, if not Marrone/Whaley. I would think Marrone only, because WHaley has been around and should be aware of the pecking order... but the mention of "scouts"...

I believe Brandon is firmly in the corner of the power-brokers Wilson/Littman/Overdorf. He is a career-oriented man who has never waivered in his ability/desire to please his bosses. I dont see him tossing a grenade on his org.

All IMO thoughts though

I believe it is from close to, if not Marrone/Whaley. I would think Marrone only, because WHaley has been around and should be aware of the pecking order... but the mention of "scouts"...

I believe Brandon is firmly in the corner of the power-brokers Wilson/Littman/Overdorf. He is a career-oriented man who has never waivered in his ability/desire to please his bosses. I dont see him tossing a grenade on his org.

All IMO thoughts though

So if I'm reading your posts correctly, and I don't mean to assume, you're of the belief that the situation is "The Bills" vs. "Marrone/Whaley"?

Basically, yes. I dont know how "deep" the complaints go, I dont think there is all out conflict or anything... (or how factual Graham's column is). I just know Overdorf/Littman/Brandon are lock-step.

If anything were to happen, we will see the Complainant resign or get canned at some point. Likely, things will quietly be smoothed out in-house and we wont hear anything more

Edited by May Day 10

According to the hour by hour account of Whaleys day at the combine, they (Brandon and Whaley) met with Overdorf over dinner late friday night to get up to speed on ufa negotiations. I would be willing to bet that one of them heard something they didn't like and that was the last straw. Saturday someone contacts TG, by Sunday night we're reading about it online.

I call BS...you cannot reasonably say in one sentence that you hope for a **** show and then turn around and talk about how happy you'll be if it doesn't happen and expect to be taken seriously.

Call BS all you want.

I'm one of the loudest at the local Bills bars when I go (last year I had the Sunday Ticket from Madden though). Hurt my damned body when we came back against NE, heh.

Order of things how I want:

1) Superbowl

2) Playoffs

3) "Entertaining" sh*t hitting the fan, terrible record, major shakeup with ownership/FO

4) 6-10

It's not that difficult to understand.

Call BS all you want.

I'm one of the loudest at the local Bills bars when I go (last year I had the Sunday Ticket from Madden though). Hurt my damned body when we came back against NE, heh.

Order of things how I want:

1) Superbowl

2) Playoffs

3) "Entertaining" sh*t hitting the fan, terrible record, major shakeup with ownership/FO

4) 6-10

It's not that difficult to understand.

So you don't "kind of hope" Marrone/Whaley get fired then?

You just think that playoffs and/or Superbowl contention is out of the question, so you'd rather be entertained by complete and utter incompetence.

So you don't "kind of hope" Marrone/Whaley get fired then?

You just think that playoffs and/or Superbowl contention is out of the question, so you'd rather be entertained by complete and utter incompetence.

"Kind of hope" would qualify as #3 in a list of 4... "really hope" for the top two :P

I'm just tired of the same mediocrity. I mean, we're all worked up over coaches wanting to replace the training staff. Is that all we have now?

Anyone expecting major changes to result from a BN article are probably in for some disappointment. The franchise has been run this way for years and you can go back to the 70s to see things weren't much different than now in terms of organizational priorities.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/7/20/2275370/buffalo-bills-ralph-wilson-john-rauch

I know some will criticize Rauch because he wasn't successful, but that's not the point. While back then it was RW and his people who protected the cash flow, he has types like Littmann, Brandon, and Overdorf doing that for the Wilson family. The good 'ole boys concept is still alive and well.