Draft: Jadeveon Clowney DE

Wattdogg35

I got a feeling once this kid gets his money his football career will go down hill...

Hes had a couple off the field issues, his coach steve spurrier even stated he lacks work ethic when not on the field.

And we all know film study and training go along ways in the NFL.

I really do think the money will ruin this kid!

Soo, put me in the .0000001% of people who says stay away from him!

I do wish the kid luck!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should the Bills find some way to get this guy? Think about it. We'll be running a 4-3. Can u imagine Mario, Kyle, Marcell and this kid? Rush 4 all day and drop 7. NY Giants 2007 all over again, but better!

Actually saw on the NFL NETWORK !! for those of you that want to look that he was most like or compared to Mario coming out of college ...

Wow, I never released he only had 3 sacks. There was some stat that only 2 other 1st round pass rushers have only had that few in recent years - Clay Matthews (a 4-3 backer who didn't really blitz) & Robert Ayers (JAG who was a part time starter in college who for some reason Mike Mayock said he was the best defensive player in his class).

JC might have just holding back this year but man, I'd like to see more production out of a top pick.

The speeding tickets give me pause... IF he truly drives like a maniac, I think it's a big deal... Thinking back to Marshawn Lynch, I'm worried the kid could actually hurt himself or someone else behind the wheel of a speedy, big-engine, torque-monster.

Very tempting offer but I have to say NO to Clowney. -For many reasons other than the one mentioned here.

Wow, I never released he only had 3 sacks. There was some stat that only 2 other 1st round pass rushers have only had that few in recent years - Clay Matthews (a 4-3 backer who didn't really blitz) & Robert Ayers (JAG who was a part time starter in college who for some reason Mike Mayock said he was the best defensive player in his class).

JC might have just holding back this year but man, I'd like to see more production out of a top pick.

He was invisible this year.

Pretty darn close to what the #1 pick will make this year if you factor in inflation--cost of living doubling every 10 years.

85 - $2.6M over 4 years

double that three times...$5.2M, $10.4M, $20.8M

Last year, Eric Fisher signed for $22.2M over 4 years.

Funny how it's that close!

It is more like 4 years/ $5.6 million in todays money.

http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl?cost1=2%2C600%2C000.00&year1=1985&year2=2013

Something something poor work ethic something something our D had lots of sacks last year something something fake injuries and speeding tickets.

The next 20 replies, summed up.

When the media asked his head coach about his work ethic he cited others that he has coached with better habits, like Stephon Gilmore.

When your HC won't endorse the guy completely, you have to think is this another JaMarcus?

HoF Bills DE Bruce Smith wasn't a whirlwind wind when he entered the NFL either tho. Hank Bullough prodded him in the worst way to get him in better shape to make plays. Then Polian had a private detective squad following him around to make certain he stayed clean.

Bruce fought off his immaturity demons, and the rest is NFL history. Players are like a box of chocolates...

Edited by FeartheLosing

The speeding tickets give me pause... IF he truly drives like a maniac, I think it's a big deal... Thinking back to Marshawn Lynch, I'm worried the kid could actually hurt himself or someone else behind the wheel of a speedy, big-engine, torque-monster.

Very tempting offer but I have to say NO to Clowney. -For many reasons other than the one mentioned here.

You're kidding, right? I will go on record saying the kid will be a serious contender for DROY.

Pretty darn close to what the #1 pick will make this year if you factor in inflation--cost of living doubling every 10 years.

85 - $2.6M over 4 years

double that three times...$5.2M, $10.4M, $20.8M

Last year, Eric Fisher signed for $22.2M over 4 years.

Funny how it's that close!

Where do you figure cost of living doubling every 4 years?

According to the US Salary Inflation Calculator COLA salary of $2.25 million in 2000 is $3 million in 2012 - not exactly doubling

I kinda like Kony Ealy who while not the physical freak Clowney is has very good size and can get after the QB- I've seen him rated anywhere from 13 to 28 on big boards but picked as low as 7th 0verall in mocks, I expect the combine will play a big part of exactly where he will go but unless he breaks 4.7 I think he can be had at 9

I usually like to stay away from players who are perceived to have less than stellar work habits, but Clowney is SO talented that I would be very tempted to draft him if he were miraculously still on the board. I would not trade up to get him, but man is he talented.

WRT to him being invisible this year, according to Spurrier teams double and even triple teamed him on nearly every play. NFL teams won't be able to do that because his teammates will be better than they were at S.Carolina.

I kinda like Kony Ealy who while not the physical freak Clowney is has very good size and can get after the QB- I've seen him rated anywhere from 13 to 28 on big boards but picked as low as 7th 0verall in mocks, I expect the combine will play a big part of exactly where he will go but unless he breaks 4.7 I think he can be had at 9

I like Kony Ealy too. He seems like a solid player with real upside. I think I like him best after trading back a few spots. It appears that there will be some serious talent available at 9.

It is more like 4 years/ $5.6 million in todays money.

http://data.bls.gov/...1985&year2=2013

Where do you figure cost of living doubling every 4 years?

According to the US Salary Inflation Calculator COLA salary of $2.25 million in 2000 is $3 million in 2012 - not exactly doubling

I didn't...I said it doubles every 10 years.

Strictly based on inflation, you're right, value of dollars gets cut in half about every 20 years...but cost of living isn't just based on inflation, as it's also based on consumable costs, etc.

I don't want to thread-jack, as this is one that could easily head to PPP, so I'll just say that the original point the poster presented was interesting when you look at Bruce's contract.

You're kidding, right? I will go on record saying the kid will be a serious contender for DROY.

I would not at all be surprised to see him have a very pedestrian career. It all depends on how much he wants to be good. He's never had to work before, in the NFL he will have to put in the time. Natural ability takes you only so far. Spurier's comments about him being "OK" in regards to work ethic is not a ringing endorsement.

Agreed, there is no player in this draft that has more upside then JC. The questions are certainly there but like I said wierd year for him. He could of entered last year's draft & with the lack of top end QB prospects would of been the first pick in the draft no questions asked. I did think he kind of tanked it this year for fear of injury. He could be a bust but his talent level is thru the charts. Add him to the mix & there wouldn't be a front 4 in the league that could match us. You wouldn't have to worry about sending blitz packages anymore, just let the front 4 dominate. I really wish the Raiders were not picking in the top 10 because I could see Clowney drop if it wasn't for them. If he is there at nine the bills should sprint to the podium.