1 Bold Offseason Prediction

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

You mean just like last season, when they traded down, got the top QB on their board, took an excellent all-around WR in the second, and used the trade-down extra 2nd rounder pick for the Defensive RoY?

Or have you been out of the country since 2012? If so, that you for your service to the nation.

Only truly bad move we've seen this front office make so far is thinking they had an answer at LG.

As for the OP - it's tough to come up with a bold prediction in the draft since there are probably 5 legit choices, and I believe they will go with one of them.

My regular season bold prediction I hope I'm wrong about is that Schwartz will screw up the defense.

Edited by BobChalmers

I predict the Bills do not trade up or down, lose Byrd, reach for their first pick, whiff on their second pick, pick a small fast WR in the third "with potential" who eventually flops and signs a few has-been FA's. We get sold a bunch of baloney, team wins 6 games, and we start talking about the 2015 draft in late January.

Well aren't you just the poleana of the group.

What is one bold Bills related prediction for this offseason? It should be something that hasn't been talked about to death on here or even nationally. For example, it wouldn't be bold to say that the Bills are or aren't going to resign Byrd. It would be bold to say something like they are going to release Kyle Williams. It doesn't have to be likely but reasonable. Got it?

For my bold prediction I will say that the Bills trade CJ Spiller to New Orleans for their 1st. He is a rich man's Sproles (who is on a fast decline) and a similar weapon (but better) to Reggie Bush. The Saints window is closing and they lack elite skill players besides for Brees and Graham. I believe that Spiller is under contract for 2 more years so that shouldn't scare them. The Saints are trying to win now while Brees remains in his prime and Spiller could be lethal on the turf. They wanted to trade for Lynch a few years back so this time maybe it happens. The Bills draft Carey or Hyde to shoulder the load along with Freddie.

I don't think he'll make it past the Browns at 26.

You might be right and we are definitely in agreement in Hyde. I think that he is a little better prospect than Eddie Lacy was.

Not to turn this into another draft thread (I'm still trying to come up with a bold prediction)... but to piggyback on yours... if Cleveland does go another direction than Hyde at 26 I think he may possibly fall, based on his position only as a lot of teams won't take a RB high. The Browns are the only team I think may go after him in the 1st because of 2 things - they desperately need a RB and they have stated publicly that they are trying to expand the fans base and sell ticket in Columbus, They would kill 2 birds with one stone by taking Hyde. Even I would probably go to at least one Browns game if Hyde was playing. Also, if they do take Manziel, Hyde is used to playing with a mobile QB who leaves the pocket and is an excellent lead blocker. That said, he would be an outstanding fit for Marrone's offense and if they did happen to deal Spiller, this is who I would want playing with Fred and ultimately his replacement. As soon as I watched him run for like 245 in the snow this season...I started picturing him in a Bills uni. Edited by YoloinOhio

Whaley's MO is the OPPOSITE of bold. Let the draft come to you. Let the dust settle in free agency. If he's truly following the old Pittsburgh model, Byrd will walk. They'll draft a linebacker in the 2nd or 3rd every year….and they'll be better than you think they're going to be.

The ONLY reasonably bold move out there is to release Stevie. The Bills are not going to get a 1st for Spiller (or a 2nd…or a 3rd). The Bills are not going to trade up in the draft.

They can get at least a 2nd for CJ. You are underestimating him drastically. He’s just entering his prime. Has shown consistent home run capability when not injured. Has shown he can help in the passing game as well. He had a leg injury most of last season and still had some highlight runs. Injury and misuse were an issue more than CJ’s skills.

Not to turn this into another draft thread (I'm still trying to come up with a bold prediction)... but to piggyback on yours... if Cleveland does go another direction than Hyde at 26 I think he may possibly fall, based on his position only as a lot of teams won't take a RB high. The Browns are the only team I think may go after him in the 1st because of 2 things - they desperately need a RB and they have stated publicly that they are trying to expand the fans base and sell ticket in Columbus, They would kill 2 birds with one stone by taking Hyde. Even I would probably go to at least one Browns game if Hyde was playing. Also, if they do take Manziel, Hyde is used to playing with a mobile QB who leaves the pocket and is an excellent lead blocker. That said, he would be an outstanding fit for Marrone's offense and if they did happen to deal Spiller, this is who I would want playing with Fred and ultimately his replacement. As soon as I watched him run for like 245 in the snow this season...I started picturing him in a Bills uni.

They should keep Spiller and draft Hyde anyway. Freddie, as great as he is, will slow down eventually. He can’t play forever. But in answer to the OP’s question my bold prediction? As another poster said, Bills future ownership group starts to come clear; a group that isn’t looking to move the team BTW.

Edited by purple haze

Not to turn this into another draft thread (I'm still trying to come up with a bold prediction)... but to piggyback on yours... if Cleveland does go another direction than Hyde at 26 I think he may possibly fall, based on his position only as a lot of teams won't take a RB high. The Browns are the only team I think may go after him in the 1st because of 2 things - they desperately need a RB and they have stated publicly that they are trying to expand the fans base and sell ticket in Columbus, They would kill 2 birds with one stone by taking Hyde. Even I would probably go to at least one Browns game if Hyde was playing. Also, if they do take Manziel, Hyde is used to playing with a mobile QB who leaves the pocket and is an excellent lead blocker. That said, he would be an outstanding fit for Marrone's offense and if they did happen to deal Spiller, this is who I would want playing with Fred and ultimately his replacement. As soon as I watched him run for like 245 in the snow this season...I started picturing him in a Bills uni.

I love Hyde, but I don’t think he would be the first RB taken. Carey from AZ, I think, will go before him.

I love Hyde, but I don’t think he would be the first RB taken. Carey from AZ, I think, will go before him.

Too early to tell really who will be the first one taken as I think the combine plays a big role with RBs in particular. However, if the Browns take one 1st I think it will be Hyde. If not, no idea. It will depend on how things shake out after the combine and the system of the team who takes the 1st RB. The Browns could justify the 1st rd RB pick because if their overall # of picks and that they would be a late 1st rounder for him, and they literally have nothing at that position currently. Edited by YoloinOhio